26 and looking to relocate

Old Sep 12th 2019, 10:39 am
Just Joined

berry1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 26 and looking to relocate

Hi, I’m 26 and have really been thinking of moving to Barbados.. at least for 3 months to ‘give it ago’
I am applying for citizenship via descent and have older family that live there so accomdation would be fine. My biggest scare is work.. everybody says it’s not easy but in what way is it just hard for foreigners/not many jobs?? I currently work as standard office worker, customer service type stuff so it’s not like I have a ‘skill’ as such..
Any info/advice etc would be helpful, I have no friends there and my family are pretty old so they are out of the loop with that stuff.

Thanks x
Old Sep 12th 2019, 3:58 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 26 and looking to relocate

Hi Berry and welcome to the forum

Once you have your citizenship you will be entitled to find work just like every other citizen. I am presuming you are British so for some companies it will be a plus and others a minus just like any other foreigner looking for work outside their home country.

I would suggest you focus on your citizenship first as that could take some time and then at 26 I am presuming that you don't have much holding you back from just following your dreams. You are not blocked like many others who would not have the status required. Only once that is in place will you be able to apply for work.

I know im stating the obvious but I really don't think you should worry until you get to status stage
Old Sep 12th 2019, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

berry1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 26 and looking to relocate

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Hi Berry and welcome to the forum

Once you have your citizenship you will be entitled to find work just like every other citizen. I am presuming you are British so for some companies it will be a plus and others a minus just like any other foreigner looking for work outside their home country.

I would suggest you focus on your citizenship first as that could take some time and then at 26 I am presuming that you don't have much holding you back from just following your dreams. You are not blocked like many others who would not have the status required. Only once that is in place will you be able to apply for work.

I know im stating the obvious but I really don't think you should worry until you get to status stage
thank you for replying, ha I thought so. I always overthink things and try to get everything in place or at least ‘make sense’ in my head. Thank you very much