Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

1 x cheap flight offered ...

1 x cheap flight offered ...

Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Stephanie_77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1 x cheap flight offered ...

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by doing this! I don't think I am, but if so, please delete post and accept my apologies .....

My son has now decided that he doesn't want to miss out on 4 weeks here in the UK with his friends and is refusing to come to Bim with me. Therefore, I now have a spare ticket.

My son is 15 so it is an Adult ticket. It cost me £500 BUT I am willing to sell it to the highest bidder........ so, anyone fancy a trip over to see friends or family on the island? Or have any of the Expats already on the island got someone they want to fly out for a visit, hehe

The dates are:- 13th July to the 7th August (I believe these can be changed at a cost)

Flying from London Gatwick.

You'll be there for Crop Over, including Grand Kadooment. Yay!

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks, Stephanie x
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: 1 x cheap flight offered ...

Okay I'm REALLY sorry but I've just had a DISASTEROUS call from Virgin re. the ticket. Apparently, you can no longer change names on tickets!!! They told me yesterday evening that it would be fine, but a more senior person has just called me at work and said I'd been misinformed and that they just can't do that these days - it's not allowed. Boooo!

Guess I'm £500 out of pocket then ..... bloomin' kids.

Stephanie
x
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Oh Steph, what a pain, at least you can stretch out on the flight...500 is good, we paid even more for my cat to ride in the baggage hold!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point

[Oh Steph, what a pain, at least you can stretch out on the flight...QUOTE]

Oh hell no.......they will still fill that seat even though you have a paid tkt for said seat. But I do hope it's not s full flt and you do enjoy the extra seat!

Zanne how is said expensive cat? I couldn't believe how much that all cost and the time taken. Hope you are good...haven't seen you at the corner!!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Lui is fine, I am having a diamond collar made for him so we can call him Diamond Lui... just kidding, he is back on Friskies. I think he is a little bit mad that he isn't getting mutton anymore...he was a bit plump after his UK holiday. As for the corner I am off to work at 6:55am...
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:00 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephanie_77
Okay I'm REALLY sorry but I've just had a DISASTEROUS call from Virgin re. the ticket. Apparently, you can no longer change names on tickets!!! They told me yesterday evening that it would be fine, but a more senior person has just called me at work and said I'd been misinformed and that they just can't do that these days - it's not allowed. Boooo!

Guess I'm £500 out of pocket then ..... bloomin' kids.

Stephanie
x
Stephanie, is there anyway they can put the amount into a voucher for future travel, even if it's in his name?? or your name as the purchaser?? Airlines used to do that, once upon a time. Never hurts to ask..
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

I just decided to claim the VAT back in the end. It's still a loss but not as much - and as someone else pointed out to me, I would've ended up ending probably double that again if my son was coming with me so ....

I'm just glad it's all booked and I can just concentrate on my countdown now
Old Jun 14th 2008, 2:15 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Stephanie

Afraid you were breaking the rules by posting but as you cant sell it now it doesn't really matter

But that is just ridiculous ...... why cant you change a name on a ticket, I dont really understand .... Its a month away. Do they reserve the right to re sell the ticket also
Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:23 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

if you have paid for it - then surely then you can use it on the flight (ie i know some 'larger' people book 2 seats because they are more comfy. dont let the buggers reuse the seat youve paid for!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:51 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

airline tickets have always been, well ok, not always, but as part of the condition of carriage, non transferrable. That means you can't give it to someone else as it has your name on it. you couldn't even give it to someone with a name change fee. Having said that, for many years fares, even non refundable ones, have been able to be placed into a voucher (at a cost to you) with your name, or rather the name on the ticket, for later use, usually up to one year from the date on the newly issued voucher.

having said all that.. All airlines are not created equal where their fares, fare rules and ticketing are concerned. GBP500.00 sound like a heck of alot of money to me, but maybe it's not for the time of year and dates of travel. Which means that it's possibly a completely non-refundable, non-changable, ticket.. you use it or you lose it.

And the person that sold you the ticket, should have also advised those "conditions of carriage" (non-refundable, non-changable) rules when you purchased them.

But.. there is always someone "higher" than the person you are talking to on the phone. The only problem is.. basically, your son just doesn't want to travel.. just not wanting to travel is not a "valid" reason as far as airlines are concerned so unless there is a serious illness (which means you wouldn't be going either) or he is on jury duty (too young) etc etc.. they may not change the ticket at all.

I still suggest that you check into the voucher thing (with a fee).. it might cost you 50gbp to do that, but it would save you lots in the future...
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by MsElui
if you have paid for it - then surely then you can use it on the flight (ie i know some 'larger' people book 2 seats because they are more comfy. dont let the buggers reuse the seat youve paid for!
Actually if the actually person doesn't show up, it's considered a No-Show, the seat goes back into inventory, and someone standing by for the flight will get the seat.. The ticket is still in the son's name, not hers.. but if the flight isn't full or over-sold or there isn't anyone trying to standby for the flight, Stephanie may have an empty seat beside her on the flight. (as long as she booked seats side by side..)