We made it!

Old Sep 14th 2013, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it!

Originally Posted by NiHao
Lorry1,

Glad she is doing okay so far, it takes time but if she is making friends that's a good sign.

I posted this in the "useful links" thread but as we are talking about UK schools I thought I'd mention it here too. I came across a great website that lets you map where schools are in England according to their ofsted rating.

http://www.locrating.com
Wow, what a great resource, thanks for sharing!
Old Sep 14th 2013, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Montfan72,

You are welcome! I wish I'd seen it earlier, there is also a tab you can click on and it will map train commute times from one town to another (including whether you have to change trains). Genius!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

meg5050 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so envious I cant wait to leave 10th October I am going back penniless jobless and homeless ,well not quite me 87 year young Dad id giving me e roof and a bed.
5 years of depression and struggle coming to an end.Now know that others have felt the same as me Do hope all you who have gone home soon settle and happiness and health follow you
nice one
Old Sep 19th 2013, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meg5050
I am so envious I cant wait to leave 10th October I am going back penniless jobless and homeless ,well not quite me 87 year young Dad id giving me e roof and a bed.
5 years of depression and struggle coming to an end.Now know that others have felt the same as me Do hope all you who have gone home soon settle and happiness and health follow you
nice one
I know it well Meg!

Good luck to you. If the foundations are correct, the build will be successful.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

nice one
Good luck with your return home and hope all goes well with your new start here in the UK.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 5:54 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

nice one
Aww good luck, I bet your Dad can't wait to have you home. Not long now.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies that's the only human contact I have had today .I hope you are all doing well and like me realise that happiness is where the heart is and not in some foreign land.
Good luck to you all and thanks for your replies
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies that's the only human contact I have had today .I hope you are all doing well and like me realise that happiness is where the heart is and not in some foreign land.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:51 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck meg5050. I get what you mean about the human contact thing. Same here. Wish you all the luck in the world on your return home. Keep us all updated.

You may be penniless, but youll be happy. Pennies are easy to build up when you are happy>
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Mummy in the foothills, welcome back! We've been away on holiday, so I missed that news! Fantastic!
I've noticed how our happiness can be dependent on how our offspring cope with the move. Our son, early twenties, came back with us in July last year. At first he had no job and only a couple of friends. Now, due to his own efforts, he has two jobs, a fantastic hobby and lots of friends and is really thriving. All this is a huge relief for me, as you can imagine!
I would say its taken a year to achieve all this.
Meg5050, good luck with your return. I hope it all pans out for you in double quick time!
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:15 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
Mummy in the foothills, welcome back! We've been away on holiday, so I missed that news! Fantastic!
I've noticed how our happiness can be dependent on how our offspring cope with the move. Our son, early twenties, came back with us in July last year. At first he had no job and only a couple of friends. Now, due to his own efforts, he has two jobs, a fantastic hobby and lots of friends and is really thriving. All this is a huge relief for me, as you can imagine!
I would say its taken a year to achieve all this.
Meg5050, good luck with your return. I hope it all pans out for you in double quick time!
Happy kids certainly make it all worthwhile.
Last night just showed me how it is all just right.
We had dinner and everyone had turned up, we had to extend the dining table to fit us all in, I was so happy, all kids, Dh, me and my Mum round the table at once, chatting, laughing, eating and enjoying each others company. We even got the oldest sleeping on the sofa as he stayed so late instead of him driving home.
I'm pretty sure you'll get more human contact over here Meg, good luck.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Mummy, it sounds like you had a lovely time,and imagine how happy your mum felt to have you back!
I am so glad you are settling right back in to life in the UK. It's been a wonderful summer to return, weather wise!
Imagine my return last year! We had the Queens Jubilee, Olympics and Paralympics. It was as if all the flags were out for me!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Emmbritt123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lorry 1, I've been back since July 17 this year after 32 years in America. I had to laugh at your realization that the British are so friendly, as I've been going through the same stuff. The change is what has caught me out...and I mean the money...I was staring at a handful of change trying to give the shop assistant some money. Of course I didn't recognize any of it and looked puzzled...I glanced up to see her giving me a quizzical look because I haven't got an American accent...luckily my friend looked over and stated, "Oh, she's been in the States for the last 32 years" !! Tis indeed wonderful to be back. Been on the trains up to London and the West country and am just marveling at all the greenery and the flowers...I take pictures of bushes that are pretty and put them on Facebook...my American friends love it!!. Welcome back, keep us all posted !
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Emmbritt123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meg5050...same happened to me in US. Fed up and depressed and now home.....!!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:32 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmbritt123
Lorry 1, I've been back since July 17 this year after 32 years in America. I had to laugh at your realization that the British are so friendly, as I've been going through the same stuff. The change is what has caught me out...and I mean the money...I was staring at a handful of change trying to give the shop assistant some money. Of course I didn't recognize any of it and looked puzzled...I glanced up to see her giving me a quizzical look because I haven't got an American accent...luckily my friend looked over and stated, "Oh, she's been in the States for the last 32 years" !! Tis indeed wonderful to be back. Been on the trains up to London and the West country and am just marveling at all the greenery and the flowers...I take pictures of bushes that are pretty and put them on Facebook...my American friends love it!!. Welcome back, keep us all posted !
I have been back over a year and the other day, in the village shop, the owner asked me for £2.75. I gave him £3.50 and he looked at me a bit oddly. I confused my 50p's with quarters. I felt like such an eejit, but I had a laugh about it any. Glad you are enjoying being back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.