We made it!

Old Jul 19th 2013, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it!

Great to see everything has worked out - makes me feel positive about our upcoming move!
Old Jul 19th 2013, 3:18 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. Well, the sun is still shining gloriously and apparently we are suppose to have a great summer, so a great year to be home

Yesterday we secured a rental so not bad at all considering we were only back on Saturday. Hopefully we will have a car very soon too, so we are getting there.

Day 7 and still absolutely no regrets. I haven't thought of Canada at all, it just feels like we had a long holiday, which is really weird.

Piff Poff, I really hope everything works in Alberta. I am sure that once you are ready to make that big leap, you will know and it will be right. I believe everything happens for a reason and you obviously feel like you should stay there a while longer.

Oh I am not that keen on custard tarts but I will definitely have a pork pie and beer for you.

Well must dash to get the train as I am taking hubby to see our new rental home which we are having anyway whether he likes it or not
Old Jul 19th 2013, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see things are working out well for you, I'm so jealous, can't wait to read your next update.

Although in NB now, we started of in NS so I can relate to a number of your comments about the place.

NG
Old Jul 19th 2013, 9:22 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG just had the best meal EVER - Steak & ale pie nd chips dipped in gravy down pub. Best EVER!
Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

I'm quite jealous that you went back on the QM2 and really pleased to read your update of how happy you are to be home again

I will arrive back in Manchester on Sunday on a boring old flight from Philadelphia, but am having last minute collywobbles and concerns of "have we done the right thing or made a huge mistake?" Having read yours (and other folk's threads ) I am sure we have made the right decision and will be posting something similar once I've settled in and been licked to death by the pets who have already been in UK for a week with my hubby
Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
I'm quite jealous that you went back on the QM2 and really pleased to read your update of how happy you are to be home again

I will arrive back in Manchester on Sunday on a boring old flight from Philadelphia, but am having last minute collywobbles and concerns of "have we done the right thing or made a huge mistake?" Having read yours (and other folk's threads ) I am sure we have made the right decision and will be posting something similar once I've settled in and been licked to death by the pets who have already been in UK for a week with my hubby
Congratulations, ElizabethK!! I can't wait to read your update from the other side.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, ElizabethK, bon voyage, Godspeed and all that!
What an exciting weekend you have in store, I hope it goes smoothly!
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:59 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethK

Bon Voyage! Look forward to your updates
Old Jul 20th 2013, 9:24 am
The Brit is back

I had major collywobbles for a while before we left Canada, wondering if we were doing the right thing. I was feeling settled but I knew it was a false sense of security as we were leaving. I knew I actually didn't want to be there anymore.

I am waking up happy every morning now and last night walking back from the pub along the Thames after a great British meal, I felt so at peace with myself and knew I had totally done the right thing.

Safe journey home ElizabethK!
Old Jul 20th 2013, 12:53 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1

I am waking up happy every morning now and last night walking back from the pub along the Thames after a great British meal, I felt so at peace with myself and knew I had totally done the right thing.
I just read this post and I was nodding and going "YES!!!" that is exactly it isn't it? 7 weeks home now for me and I'm still there, waking up everyday happy and that feeling of inner peace? Worth more than all the money in the world! My life here is exactly as I left it, the only thing that has changed is me in the fact that I realise now how grateful I am to be home and how lucky I am that I now appreciate what I've got every single day.

Glad you are happy, long may it last! x
Old Jul 20th 2013, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lestergirl will become famous soon enoughLestergirl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lorry1
OMG just had the best meal EVER - Steak & ale pie nd chips dipped in gravy down pub. Best EVER!
Aw wonderful and so happy all is going well for you all.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:16 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome back! So glad to hear you're enjoying it Lorry1. You made it back just in time too, the weather's been great lately!!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:44 pm
The Brit is back

Day 14: Still absolutely loving being home. I have absolutely no regrets so far and I am happy as Larry.

I am driving about now which is making things easier. My new UK driving licence has come through so I have been borrowing the friends car but am getting my own tomorrow

I took the girls to a local swimming pool today and we had a great time sliding down chutes and going round rapids. My youngest proclaims England is best

Glad those who have returned recently are also happy to be home. It's really great that it does work out for some, if not most of the returnees.

Right now I feel like I never want to leave (apart from holidays). I have well and truly got the emigration bug out of my system.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Lorry1,

I love reading your updates, so lovely to hear how happy you are!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.