Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Bad experience in NZ, want to go home after almsot 7 years gone

Bad experience in NZ, want to go home after almsot 7 years gone

Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:56 am
Just Joined

wewannago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad experience in NZ, want to go home after almsot 7 years gone

Hi, I m currently applying to take my NZ citizen daughter home and my UK citizen children also. We have been in a domestic violence situation, I have sole custody of my 4 year old. I need support from my family and friends back home. Will be returning with either enough money for 18 months or if the sale of the house is less, with not a lot. Please can anyone advise me on the help we wil be due, if any. The situations been pretty desperate. We will be living with friends initially for a short period of time. Regarding my NZ citizen 4 year old, I am currently in process's legally to leave with her. I will be able to get her a UK passport before going. Some one please give me some positive notes of advice
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad experience in NZ, want to go home after almsot 7 years gone

Hi, welcome to the forum, I am so sorry to read your plight, I know you will get great help here from the many wonderful folks on this board.
Lots of links here.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267933

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice

Last edited by charleygirl; Jul 28th 2010 at 10:43 am. Reason: add link
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:18 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wewannago
Hi, I m currently applying to take my NZ citizen daughter home and my UK citizen children also. We have been in a domestic violence situation, I have sole custody of my 4 year old. I need support from my family and friends back home. Will be returning with either enough money for 18 months or if the sale of the house is less, with not a lot. Please can anyone advise me on the help we wil be due, if any. The situations been pretty desperate. We will be living with friends initially for a short period of time. Regarding my NZ citizen 4 year old, I am currently in process's legally to leave with her. I will be able to get her a UK passport before going. Some one please give me some positive notes of advice
That's a bad situation

Even as a 6 foot 200 lb male, I have had violence done to me by a woman on a regular and unremitting basis - so I know how hopeless the feeling is. Being demeaned and insulted and screamed at and my stuff smashed. She even put both thumbs inside my mouth and tried to tear my cheeks out. I know the full on/off routine too.

Welcome and good luck on your journey back to freedom...
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

What a sad post. I wish you Luck.

Yes ...Friends and Family. Even if they can't give you practical help sometimes you just need them.

It would be a big injustice if you didn't get the right assistance and support back home, when immigrants come from all over the world expecting an easy ride and every handout possible. You deserve any help you can get from your own country.Just get back home as soon as you can. And again Good Luck!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

wewannago is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, I am so worried what will happen to us once we get back/if we get back. Worst case scenario being we have no funds.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:16 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I am so worried what will happen to us once we get back/if we get back. Worst case scenario being we have no funds.
It can be rough at first but the worst bit is not knowing - fearing what's up ahead. So long as you try everything and keeping pushing, the reality is usually much better than what you fear
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I hope more people will join in with offers of advice, all i can say is get yourself and your children away from this man and get to the safety of your family and friends, they will not let you starve.........and I am sure you will get help from the state........I hope so......be strong. You can do this. do you have money for your flights I am not sure if the consulate would help you........have no idea or experience of this.
Good luck.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:03 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck wewannago, I hope you and your daughter get everything sorted quickly so you can both leave
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:17 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anything about UK benefits but I just wanted to wish you well. Also, to advise you to stage your house as well as you can before selling. It's amazing what a difference that can make - I've seen houses round me sit unsold for months or years while others sell for close to their asking price. I talked to one realtor who told me furnishings and superficial things often make the difference, even though that doesn't really make any sense.

I wish you all the best and hope you get some answers soon.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont have any advise to give but just want to wish you all the best and a speedy return to your family and friends in the UK
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:26 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

I wish you all the best for the future. Your situation sounds so terrible and I applaud you for getting out and finding a new life for yourself. Remember you will get stronger and happier as time goes by and soon it wil all be a distant memory. Look forward to brighter days. x
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:31 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by exvj
That's a bad situation

Even as a 6 foot 200 lb male, I have had violence done to me by a woman on a regular and unremitting basis - so I know how hopeless the feeling is. Being demeaned and insulted and screamed at and my stuff smashed. She even put both thumbs inside my mouth and tried to tear my cheeks out. I know the full on/off routine too.

Welcome and good luck on your journey back to freedom...
Thank goodness you left that situation. Some people should come with a public health warning tattooed to their heads! So glad you have escaped and moved on to better times.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
I wish you all the best for the future. Your situation sounds so terrible and I applaud you for getting out and finding a new life for yourself. Remember you will get stronger and happier as time goes by and soon it wil all be a distant memory. Look forward to brighter days. x
Brighter days in the UK ? - bit of a stretch weatherwise - but I know what you mean

Look forward to not having your skin under-hydrated is more like it

However, if one stays in the pub - it's great !

It has worked for Brits down through the centuries..
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:35 pm
Lost in Space

Originally Posted by exvj
Brighter days in the UK ? - bit of a stretch weatherwise - but I know what you mean

Look forward to not having your skin under-hydrated is more like it

However, if one stays in the pub - it's great !

It has worked for Brits down through the centuries..
INDEED!!!! I have to say I am dreading the weather but Vancouver Island is pretty wet during the winter.......this year was unbearable. Ah well, I will have work, my mum, good friends and yes, THE PUB!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:43 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

The worst case scenario luv, inspite of how it may seem right now, was the DV situation you were in...it may be a little uphill, but you can do it, you have already taken the first steps...good luck..

Family and friends will rally round...they always do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.