Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Three months...more observations from a US-exiteer

Three months...more observations from a US-exiteer

Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Jensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond reputeJensmate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Three months...more observations from a US-exiteer

I thought I was returning to England but I seem to be in a Mediterranean country. The heat, the coloufful clothing, the tapas bars....this is Folkestone?
My only complaint is the lack of ceiling fans to dispel the muggy air.
So, onto the update...
House Value Obsession. A new disease which has sprung up since I've been away. How little folk care
Old Jul 19th 2018, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

JMW634 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Three months...more observations from a US-exiteer

Hi, yes unfortunately Britain is now a selfish country where many people are only interested in themselves. On the plus side if you get involved in clubs etc this really helps. It is one of the reasons we are thinking of moving abroad to Spain or maybe Portugal. As for ceiling fans the great weather going on at the moment is a bit of a lovely one off, i.e. think last time such a great heatwave 1976! The government said they were keeping 'the visiors' down in the tens of thousands - obviously not very good at maths... a lot to be said for this country we live in the South West so not so many visitors...
Old Jul 19th 2018, 6:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you been away? House values have been a national obsession for my entire life, at least for the middle classes.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 6:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jensmate
I thought I was returning to England but I seem to be in a Mediterranean country. The heat, the coloufful clothing, the tapas bars....this is Folkestone?
My only complaint is the lack of ceiling fans to dispel the muggy air.
So, onto the update...
House Value Obsession. A new disease which has sprung up since I've been away. How little folk care
As a sun hardened Aussie of 58 years, even I've had a fan on over the past couple of months. It's so untypical as to be laughable. Normal service will be resumed shortly, and then there's winter...