Seven Months

Old Mar 21st 2015, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Kangam68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seven Months

Hi Sally,
I just joined this site yesterday and your update on moving back has really lifted my spirits ... It is wonderful to hear that you are settling back in nicely. I plan to move back in 5 years once my kids are at uni. I noticed that you mentioned your daughter is attending a UK uni ... I would love to chat with you privately on how that whole process of applying to a UK uni from overseas worked for you and your daughter. My kids are currently 13/14 ... And I am hoping one of them will go to the UK to study when I move back. We currently live in Canada.
Happy for you and your family and that everything is working out well
All the best,
Amita
Old Mar 21st 2015, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kangam68
Hi Sally,
I just joined this site yesterday and your update on moving back has really lifted my spirits ... It is wonderful to hear that you are settling back in nicely. I plan to move back in 5 years once my kids are at uni. I noticed that you mentioned your daughter is attending a UK uni ... I would love to chat with you privately on how that whole process of applying to a UK uni from overseas worked for you and your daughter. My kids are currently 13/14 ... And I am hoping one of them will go to the UK to study when I move back. We currently live in Canada.
Happy for you and your family and that everything is working out well
All the best,
Amita
Hi Amita and welcome to the site.

Happy for you to message me. You could also start a thread about it and get a range of input.

Thanks for the good wishes!
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Sally thank you for your full update it couldn't have been better timed. I am knee deep in making things happen for the move and although I know deep in my heart this is what's best for me and my family, it is a huge step. I am worried about renting a house in particular, it will all work out eventually, it has to.

I'm glad you are enjoying every minute, Sally.

Perhaps all of us returning expats can change the negativity one person at a time. I hear it from family and friends in England and I want to shake them. England and Britain is not that bad, far from it.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnet36
Sally thank you for your full update it couldn't have been better timed. I am knee deep in making things happen for the move and although I know deep in my heart this is what's best for me and my family, it is a huge step. I am worried about renting a house in particular, it will all work out eventually, it has to.

I'm glad you are enjoying every minute, Sally.

Perhaps all of us returning expats can change the negativity one person at a time. I hear it from family and friends in England and I want to shake them. England and Britain is not that bad, far from it.
If you are a heart-type person you will not be disappointed. Everything else is minor practicalities. Keep us posted!
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear all your news Sally, and glad to read that it's all coming together for you.

BTW - my nephew and his partner are currently *enjoying* a break in Amsterdam.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HartleyHare
Great to hear all your news Sally, and glad to read that it's all coming together for you.

BTW - my nephew and his partner are currently *enjoying* a break in Amsterdam.
Thanks babes.

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute

Think it may have been the Mr Kipling type....
Old Mar 24th 2015, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
If you are a heart-type person you will not be disappointed. Everything else is minor practicalities. Keep us posted!
Oh I am definitely a heart type person and luckily so is OH. We will fight through all the minor stuff.

House is on sale but I will be heading out in 6 weeks and OH will stay back.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 1:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
but the way people talk sometimes they make London sound like the worst place on earth!
We've just had two members of MrBEVS family over to stay and from some of their talk you'd think Wolvo. was over-run & full of nasties. Yet other parts of their chat would indicate it is not so.

Lovely, encouraging update Sally. So pleased to read that things are going well for you .
Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BEVS
We've just had two members of MrBEVS family over to stay and from some of their talk you'd think Wolvo. was over-run & full of nasties. Yet other parts of their chat would indicate it is not so.

Lovely, encouraging update Sally. So pleased to read that things are going well for you .
Thanks BEVS.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased that everything is going so well for you and you're settling back into UK life so well. Great update.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Matey...

Just stumbled upon this great update

It's so thoughtful and specific - and from the comments above - extremely helpful to those considering a move back.

Only downside - ironically, it just might cause some who thought they were happy in "Ex-patdom" to begin to experience stirrings of nostalgia and discontent.

BTW: I find it curious that, so far, not one guy has responded......
Old Mar 24th 2015, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Really pleased that everything is going so well for you and you're settling back into UK life so well. Great update.
Thanks VS.
Originally Posted by MMcD
Hey Matey...

Just stumbled upon this great update

It's so thoughtful and specific - and from the comments above - extremely helpful to those considering a move back.

Only downside - ironically, it just might cause some who thought they were happy in "Ex-patdom" to begin to experience stirrings of nostalgia and discontent.

BTW: I find it curious that, so far, not one guy has responded......
Hey Babes,

Oops hope I wasn't too harsh on LA - it's more about me as you know. Trying to counteract a few negatives though.

Interesting about the guys!
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sally. It's updates like this that help enormously with the wobbles.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 1:51 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
not one guy has responded......
Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Interesting about the guys!
No time! All the washing up, ironing etc. leaves little time for swanning around on BE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.