Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

And this is the reason why...............

And this is the reason why...............

Old Jul 1st 2014, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And this is the reason why...............

My heart goes out to you Miss Betty after losing my dad very recently too. Sadly I didn't get the chance to say goodbye so it must be a great comfort to have had that chance and to have ensured your dad's care and dignity in his last days. Nothing more any of us can ask for than to die peacefully at home with those you love. Hugs to you.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 2:06 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty -

God bless him. You know? I think from the way you write, the way you seem to be about people, I think he did a pretty good job of raising his daughter.

Hold tight.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

So very sorry for the loss of your wonderful father. He did a great job in raising you. My deepest sympathy to your and your family. xx
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:40 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: And this is the reason why...............

Oh Miss Betty - I'm so sad to hear about the loss of your dear Dad

How lovely that you were able to take him home and were able to nurse him, so he could go on his terms; peacefully and enveloped in the loving arms of his family - I do hope this gives you a measure of comfort.

Thank goodness that you were able to be on hand, Miss B and not stuck out in the Aussie Outback....
Old Jul 1st 2014, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Miss Betty, so sorry to hear your dad has died. It was meant that you were to be with him! Condolences to your family. Take time now to grieve xxx
Old Jul 1st 2014, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Oh mate, so sorry to hear this. <hugs tight>
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty - so sorry for your loss. I am very glad that you were able to spend time with your dad before he died. My condolences to you and your family.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Big hugs and condolences to you and your family. RIP to your lovely dad x
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Coming late to this thread and have just read all through.

So sorry to hear your news Miss B.

But so glad for you and your family that you did make it home to spend that year with our dad and then to be there for him at the end so he could die at home.

Thank you for sharing yourself and your life with all here and deepest condolences to you and your family.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty, I am ever so sorry about your dad but I am glad you moved home in time to spend the last months with him - and more especially that you were with him when he died. (((((((hugs))))))))
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 3:38 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone I seriously cannot express my gratitude to all of you and for your kind words, just sitting here having a bit of a cry reading through them all!

We are slowly sorting everything out and Dad's funeral is in two weeks time, I know many of you have been through this and it's just amazing how kind people are isn't it? Everyone from the hospice staff to the funeral directors have been incredible, it really does help the grieving process.

I'm back home for a few days now and my sister is staying with my Mum so I can have a rest, I've got some teaching work next week up in London so I've decided to go ahead with it as think it will do me good to get out and about.

One bit of good news I've got a job interview next week! It's working in an urgent care centre triaging patients, dealing with minor injuries and illnesses. The money isn't brilliant BUT after three months you can apply to train as an emergency care practitioner, they'll fund it, give you study time and a mentor as well. The course is at uni and I think it's a MSc so that would be very handy to have. It would be quite nice to work in a team again and there's no road work so no heavy lifting - phew! The job is in Leicester, never been there but it looks quite lively, if I got it I could live away on work days and maybe I'll make some new friends? Anyone here from Leicester who could give me an idea of good and bad?!

I'll keep you updated anyways, if it's meant to be it will be. One of the last conversations I had with my Dad we talked about it he chuckled and said "Oh you are an adventurer mate, just like me!" Life is an adventure though isn't it? So here's to the next one - wherever it may be!
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Heretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to beholdHeretic is a splendid one to behold

MissB, so very sorry to hear about your father's passing.

I realise it seems dark right now, but better times lie ahead - I assure you.

Best wishes to you.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

It will take time, no doubt about it, but having a job will make it that much more bearable. So wishing you the best of luck in getting that job.

There is someone who was in Leicester, but went back to the US because she missed her children - Lestergirl. Try sending her a pm. She might still be on the forum.

Sending ((BIG HUGS))
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear your news but so glad you were able to be there. My very best wishes to you and yours.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

MissBetty,

I'm very sad for your loss but so glad you got to spend time with him before he passed. Because of the care you gave him along with your mother and sister he was able to go peacefully. I hope all is well with you. Sending good thoughts your way about ur new job and that you will get the position you seek after a few months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.