Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

And this is the reason why...............

And this is the reason why...............

Old Jun 25th 2014, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And this is the reason why...............

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Hello again bit of an update, unfortunately my Dad has gotten worse and he is being transferred to a hospice this morning. I feel sick and I feel numb, its been so quick I'm struggling to come to terms with it.

I asked my company for some time off and got lots more than I wanted - they've let me go, I'm gobsmacked as I have worked so hard to get where I am and never let them down once but I am a contractor so nothing I can do.

I'll be home tonight so will go and see him first thing, still hoping for a miracle cos you just never know but am preparing to say goodbye if I have to.

Funny how your life can change so quickly and without warning but I am glad I got to spend the last year with him. I'm taking a couple of months off for now, luckily I have some savings but as for the future who knows? I'm just doing the best I can right now and trying to believe that everything will work out as it should. So many times I've had a door slam in my face only for another, better one to open.

Will check in with you all soon, thanks again for all your kind words, I'm not exaggerating when I say it means a lot to me so cheers x
So very, very sorry Miss Betty, for your dad's turn for the worse. I am still hopeful that he will pull through. Don't worry about the job right now. Just spend the time you have with your dad. Hang in there and know that we are all here thinking of you xx
Old Jun 25th 2014, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

MissBetty,

So very sorry to hear this, I am sure you must all be in shock. Sorry about the job but I am glad you are going to be able to see your Dad tomorrow. Hope you have as much time together as possible.

All good wishes to your Dad, you and your family.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty. I am so sorry that your dads health has declined. I am glad you are there for him. Sorry your company let you go.. but glad you have some savings. Take care sweetheart..xxx ((((hugs)))
Old Jun 25th 2014, 3:19 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MissBetty,

I am very sorry to hear the sad news about your dad. Unfortunately we never know what life has in store for us, we just have to make the most of it while we're here. I'm glad you had this last year with him and enjoyed the time you had.
Gutted to hear about your work also. How damn unsympathetic of them! I really hope things turn around for you, MissBetty! Take care.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 5:32 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Hello again bit of an update, unfortunately my Dad has gotten worse and he is being transferred to a hospice this morning. I feel sick and I feel numb, its been so quick I'm struggling to come to terms with it.

I asked my company for some time off and got lots more than I wanted - they've let me go, I'm gobsmacked as I have worked so hard to get where I am and never let them down once but I am a contractor so nothing I can do.

I'll be home tonight so will go and see him first thing, still hoping for a miracle cos you just never know but am preparing to say goodbye if I have to.

Funny how your life can change so quickly and without warning but I am glad I got to spend the last year with him. I'm taking a couple of months off for now, luckily I have some savings but as for the future who knows? I'm just doing the best I can right now and trying to believe that everything will work out as it should. so many times I've had a door slam in my face only for another, better one to open.

Will check in with you all soon, thanks again for all your kind words, I'm not exaggerating when I say it means a lot to me so cheers x

Miss B, I don't know what to say. I just wish I could hold your hand and give you a big hug. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear the sad news about your Dad, Miss B. Safe journey home to your family today, you're where you're meant to be at this time. My thoughts and good wishes to you and your family. As for your former employers, they don't deserve you.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
As for your former employers, they don't deserve you.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Miss Betty sending you big ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) too, not much more I can add to the above except that it is time to take care of yourself and be with your family! A job is replaceable!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 11:16 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
So sorry to hear the sad news about your Dad, Miss B. Safe journey home to your family today, you're where you're meant to be at this time. My thoughts and good wishes to you and your family. As for your former employers, they don't deserve you.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty, so sorry to hear your dad has declined. As for job letting you go - well screw them. time with dad is more precious and you will find a job when you feel time is right. I always enjoy your emails as think you are adventurous and for me whose existence is totally different I think you are beacon of light and will continue to be.. Hang in there..
Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

britsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond repute

Shocked and sad to read this Miss Betty, big hugs. Thinking of you.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 12:10 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry Miss Betty. You've been through so much.

I love reading your updates. They have been a great comfort when I was going through some bad times. You have lots of lovely messages on here and I hope they give you some comfort. Good luck and keep us all updated. Xx
Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

So sorry to hear about your dad, Miss Betty. My thoughts are with you and your family - I hope you get that miracle.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 5:44 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone and wow, thanks again for all the good wishes you awesome people xx

Ok well I went to see him and it was just awful, I hardly recognise him and I know now there is nothing anyone can do. He's still got the old spark though, he told me he was fed up and he wanted to come home. The hospice staff were so amazing but we had a good chat and I said I could cope, I've got no kids, medical knowledge and time so they said ok, his face just lit up bless him! He refused to wait for an ambulance so we got him into my sister's car and off we went humming the tune from The Great Escape!

He's now home and Mum, my sister and I are taking it in turns to do 'night duty'. The support we have had is unreal - I never knew how much help was available. Within two days we have a special bed, mattress to prevent pressure sores, a commode, district nurses and a carer who comes in once a day. I have lot of drugs from the hospice so I'm doing all his meds plus fluids as he struggles to eat or drink. They even gave me oro-morphine in the take home pack, which I was surprised at, but it's great as I just give him a small amount when he needs it, he gets pain free rest and he looks so peaceful.

All my Dad wants is to die peacefully at home with dignity cared for by his family and that is what he shall have, he's been an amazing Dad so it's the least I could do.

Oh and just as a closing note I got a call from an old friend who asked if I had any time free to do a bit of first aid assessing and teaching for his company, just the odd day here and there but it's £200 per day. My sister only works part time so she said we could arrange our care days so I can do a few days to top up the funds. Funny isn't it how things work out?

Thanks again everyone :-) xx

Last edited by MissBetty; Jun 28th 2014 at 5:51 am.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 6:51 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty, I'm so sorry that your Dad is facing the end of his life and you and your family are getting ready for the end.

Sorry that the offshore company let you go when you told them your Dad had cancer.

It's good that there's a first aid teaching job for you so you're not relying on savings while you take it in turns to look after your Dad with your sister.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.