One year Briti-versary!

Old Jul 13th 2014, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One year Briti-versary!

Lorry1

Thank you so much for such a great update, it is so helpful to hear about everything both the good and the bad.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about

Great update Lorry1. Your comments rang very true with me, and it is good to hear the positives (along with some of the challenges) of making it back to the UK.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:15 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you,

Just had a fab weekend at an 80's festival in Southampton for one of my oldest friends hen do. I am so glad I was able to be here for that and her wedding in a couple of weeks I missed 2 special peoples weddings while away in Canada as we just could not afford the airfare back!

dkvl, where abouts are you in Halifax? Are you returning home?
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:44 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lorry, good to hear it all worked out for you and totally agree with the comments that you have to really want to live in England rather than just return for family, for a return to really be successful.

Hope your little one has a better time when she moves onto secondary school, my daughter went to a different secondary school from her friends and made new friends very quickly, I think because they are all in the same boat when they move to secondary school they are more receptive to making new friendships and less 'cliquey'.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about

I am in Fall River. We have children completing High School next year, so no moves until after that. I am looking to return to Scotland. Husband doesn't have the same thoughts.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Junebug72
just reading peoples posts just shows were all quite alike want the best of both worlds lol but in the end where is Home ? I would love to go to Texas always fancied to see what a steak is like and the houses look lovely, Twigstar what is it like ?
It is searing hot but the people are so lovely here.
I do prefer Texas over Florida for the people and things to do. I have made so many friends here. The weather is so diverse and can change within half an hour! I miss being by the ocean big time.

Steaks are superb..

I have spent the whole weekend really homesick so phoned everyone I could think of just to make sure they haven't forgotten me ha ha.

Ah well another work week.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 4:18 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pommybird, haven't 'seen you' in ages! how are you doing?

dkvl, we were in sackville. We couldn't return until my eldest finished high school either. It seems like ages away, but actually went very quick.

My husband really didn't want to leave either and wasn't even open to talking about it for a long, long time!
After a long while he did start talking as he could see how unhappy I was. My depression and mood swings were really bad. I would sit in my room and just cry for hours. It was awful.
He started slowly networking and putting his name out there. He started a non-profit company which grew really huge on the WWW. He then agreed that we could leave once the eldest finished school. It was a huge relief but also a long wait at the time.
It's weird because it all just seems like a dream now.

Good luck to you, I really hope it all works out.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

My Hunny is pleased that (Lord willing) this past HARSH winter will be our last... hope to be all nice and settled in the UK before Christmas. It's going to be so sweet compared to the extreme winters of Canada.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 9:13 am
The Brit is back

I hear you, Pondhopper!

I believe Nova scotia just had a really bad winter so I'm so glad I missed it!
Old Jul 21st 2014, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

TheLonestarBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to read a positive update! I'm moving back August 30, 2014. Going to be staying with my parents initially in Lavenham, Suffolk. Then I'll figure out what I'm going to do. Been applying for jobs, and hoping something will get set up for when I return.

I have lived in Texas for almost 9 years. I am seriously going to miss it. But I'm going back to reconnect with family, finish healing from my divorce, and start a new chapter. I'm a little bit of a wanderer at heart so I am not expecting to stay in Suffolk too long, but it will be awesome to be close to family again. I've missed them.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Lorry,
Good to read your update. I only drop in occasionally now, it must show how settled I am! I'm glad things are going well. It's interesting to read about your older daughter, and her new friends. I've had a similar experience watching my younger son make a new life for himself. He's done really well on the social side, and has made a lot of good friends.
It's lovely to be close to friends and relatives. I think there might always be bumps in the road,but on the whole, I still have to pinch myself that I'm back!
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:35 am
The Brit is back

Hi Jemima55, it's great to hear from you!

Really pleased you are still happy to be back and too busy to come on BE When I was in Canada, I would come on here every day to escape and enjoy some Brit humour. Now I really don't feel the need to as I am so much happier and content, and busy!

You should do a big update at some time to let us know what you have been up to.

Hi Lonestarbrit,

Good luck on your return to the UK. I really hope you are able to settle here and reconnect with people you have missed.
I hope that you don't miss Texas too much...I fear you may become a pingpongpom

Last edited by Lorry1; Jul 24th 2014 at 7:41 am.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Great update Lorry, I hear you about the traffic back in UK! We are planning on returning in June 2015 However as we are going to be retired we will do as our friend's have suggested and only go out after the school run and try and avoid motorways. We will be settling in South Bucks to a market town on the River Thames where we still have our house!
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

TheLonestarBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorry1

Hi Lonestarbrit,

Good luck on your return to the UK. I really hope you are able to settle here and reconnect with people you have missed.
I hope that you don't miss Texas too much...I fear you may become a pingpongpom
I think I will miss Texas for a bit, but I really am excited about moving back to Britain
I may well ping pong a little but that's ok. I have seriously missed spending time with my family so will be busy making up for lost time.
I'm sure I'll visit Texas frequently though.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Good update Lorry, and happy to hear you are happy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.