Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Moved back and now hoping to returning to the U.S.

Moved back and now hoping to returning to the U.S.

Old Jan 30th 2023, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved back and now hoping to returning to the U.S.

Originally Posted by Britinsac
It's all a gamble to be honest - life that is! If I had been in the States I think it is unlikely I would have lost my kidney, but who knows? Thank you for the advice I will certainly look into that, :-)
I am so sorry to read about your difficulties back in the UK, and I suspect that if you had been in the States your kidney problems may have been found earlier. Unfortunately our lives can be full of ifs and buts, nothing can be certain. My local NHS practice regularly gave me blood checks, but clearly they didn’t keep their mind in the right place. In mid 2021 I suddenly became ill, a friend called for help, and I ended up in hospital for 5 months with failed kidneys. Steroids didn’t help, and I was bluntly told that if I don’t have dialysis I will die within weeks. I was also told that because of my age and other health conditions, I couldn’t have a transplant.

Please chase whatever medical treatment you need, I am sure that if I had stayed in Oz my GP there would have been more attentive to blood tests.
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 1:24 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
I am so sorry to read about your difficulties back in the UK, and I suspect that if you had been in the States your kidney problems may have been found earlier. Unfortunately our lives can be full of ifs and buts, nothing can be certain. My local NHS practice regularly gave me blood checks, but clearly they didn’t keep their mind in the right place. In mid 2021 I suddenly became ill, a friend called for help, and I ended up in hospital for 5 months with failed kidneys. Steroids didn’t help, and I was bluntly told that if I don’t have dialysis I will die within weeks. I was also told that because of my age and other health conditions, I couldn’t have a transplant.

Please chase whatever medical treatment you need, I am sure that if I had stayed in Oz my GP there would have been more attentive to blood tests.
From what I'm reading on the kidney pages, most people don't find out they have kidney problems until they are stage 4. In hubs case it was your BP is high. Here are some pills. Then it was your BP is still really high, we don't know if it's your kidneys causing it or not. Here's some more pills. Oh your kidneys are done. Here's dialysis. 3/4 weeks before dialysis it was cut out phosphorus and potassium. The Dr's just don't seem to know enough and a nephrologist doesn't care until it's too late.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 6:54 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Healthcare failings post COVID seem to be a worldwide problem. I