British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Back Home (https://britishexpats.com/forum/back-home-158/)
-   -   Hello! A little update... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/back-home-158/hello-little-update-917775/)

britwhore Sep 28th 2018 6:47 pm

Hello! A little update...

Hello all!

I see some familiar names floating around so hopefully a few will remember me! Quick recap - after initially moving back to the UK from Los Angeles in 2012 then panicking and moving back to LA in 2014 we moved back to the UK AGAIN in 2015 (with me so far?!?!?) Anyway we've been back in the UK 3 years and 7 months and luckily we're very happy here!

Sadly over the last 4 years we've lost all the doggies to various illnesses or old age. But we have a happy and healthy 2 year old daughter to keep up busy! We bought a house in the Kent countryside last year so my days are filled with mummy duties or trying to update a house that hasn't been touched in 30 odd years!

Hope everyone is doing well. Great to see some updates from familiar names.

Lorry1 Oct 4th 2018 8:50 am

Re: Hello! A little update...

Originally Posted by britwhore (Post 12569846)
Hello all!

I see some familiar names floating around so hopefully a few will remember me! Quick recap - after initially moving back to the UK from Los Angeles in 2012 then panicking and moving back to LA in 2014 we moved back to the UK AGAIN in 2015 (with me so far?!?!?) Anyway we've been back in the UK 3 years and 7 months and luckily we're very happy here!

Sadly over the last 4 years we've lost all the doggies to various illnesses or old age. But we have a happy and healthy 2 year old daughter to keep up busy! We bought a house in the Kent countryside last year so my days are filled with mummy duties or trying to update a house that hasn't been touched in 30 odd years!

Hope everyone is doing well. Great to see some updates from familiar names.

Hi Britwhore!
WOW, moving back and forth must have cost you a fortune...as well as being ultra stressful !
Sorry to hear about your doggies...but congrats on the baby :)
I hope you settle Ito UK life this time and enjoy many happy years here xxx

Walmsc Aug 2nd 2019 5:08 am

Wow.... what a rollercoaster ride you have been on � ���� it is great to hear you are settled now ( very sad about the dogs � ����)
We moved to Vancouver Island almost 4 years ago now and I feel the need to go home after my dad passed in December. I am wondering how you felt when you got back , both times? As we have gotten used to less people less crime less traffic and a very clean environment with polite teenagers � ���� and I am wondering if we will feel unsettled going back. Even though those things do not replace our people who we are missing and some other very British things � ����

Mummy in the foothills Aug 7th 2019 11:37 am

I remember your name. Sorry about the doggies, congrats ofn the 2 year old