Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Four weeks in and first wobble

Four weeks in and first wobble

Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four weeks in and first wobble

Originally Posted by Choccie
Thanks Spacecake

Finally got the bank statement through so have been able to submit my DBS form - keeping fingers crossed it comes back quickly. I have recent ones in NZ anyway so perhaps that will help. Wasn't without it's issues though as I was originally told I could scan it to them but ended up having to take it in. Then the online bit took over an hour just to submit name changes and addresses as it kept timing out. All very frustrating.

One week till hubby leaves
You've come this far hopefully it will all come together now. It will be great when your hubby arrives. Is your daughter coming over?
Old Feb 7th 2014, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes she will be here at the end of March for a couple of weeks then she is off th live in Perth (not sure how long for)

Will be great when hubby arrives - just wish he didn't have to go back. Hopefully it won't be for too long. He has started to apply for jobs so keeping our fingers crossed.

How is it all going for you now? How is your daughter getting on?
Old Feb 7th 2014, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Choccie
Hi

Yes she will be here at the end of March for a couple of weeks then she is off th live in Perth (not sure how long for)

Will be great when hubby arrives - just wish he didn't have to go back. Hopefully it won't be for too long. He has started to apply for jobs so keeping our fingers crossed.

How is it all going for you now? How is your daughter getting on?
Were really enjoying being back. Hubby complains about the weather but other than that, I don't regret coming home at all.
Our son started uni last Sept, our youngest is about to take his options.
As for our daughter, she is about to start her 2nd year at uni, she is happy enough there infact she has her citizenship ceremony on Tuesday.
I am counting down the months until her and her bf arrive for Christmas again. Bringing him over was definitely the right thing to do as apparently he talks most days about the UK.
Were off to Italy & Barcelona in the summer which were really looking forward to. Now we just need to buy a house and I really should find a job.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really pleased everything has worked out for you.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 5:46 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Countdown till your hubby arrives.
Hope the DBS check is finally though and you can start work.
Mine took three weeks, others only took a few days according to others in the orientation classes I was in the other week.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mummy

Certainly is a countdown - can't wait!

Submitted DBS on Thursday so hoping will be back quickly and can get on with it.

Son off to meet some friends today so all looking up there.

Trying to end days thinking about what has been achieved(however small) as opposed to what still needs to be done or that I have no control over.

Boxes are being shipped on Monday and we have more or less decided on a date for the doggies to come. Will make the final decision when speak to hubby later.