Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Everything was worth it just for being here

Everything was worth it just for being here

Old Apr 18th 2015, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Everything was worth it just for being here

I am completely devastated that my wonderful wonderful Dad has just passed away. I feel very lucky that I have been able to spend these past 5 years of quality time with my Dad, I feel relieved that we made the decision to come home as I look back and think these 5 years have flown by and I now wish I had more time with my Dad, it was just way to soon for him to go for me (I know it was for the best though). I know my Dad loved visiting us in Aus he was a real action Man lol but these past 2 years when he lost his sight he often use to say to me "what would I have done without you"....You think you have all the time in the world and your parents will always be there.....you don't and I so wish it was true now. Sorry for being a wet rag on a lovely sunny spring morning.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Everything was worth it just for being here

Brits1, I am very sorry for the loss of your father. He sounds like he was a great man, love the description "Action man", and really appreciated you!
I lost my sister around the time of my return, and the people on here were a great comfort. Best wishes for the coming weeks.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I am very sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you and your family.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I am also glad we were here when my Dad passed and tomorrow marks the first anniversary of his death, we are in Somerset having a get together.

These times are precious for sure.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 8:15 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

That is sad news, but I am glad you have spent the time with him the last few years. My Mum is 76 this year and I hope that we have many years left, she is my main reason to come home.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 9:38 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your sad news. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your dad
Old Apr 19th 2015, 10:09 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brits1,

So sorry to hear the sad news about your dad, and so glad you were able to spend the last 5 years with him enjoying quality time together. Nobody tells you this when you emigrate, do they?

Take care xx
Old Apr 19th 2015, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Brits1 - sorry to hear about your father.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your thoughts its very much appreciated. We lived overseas when my Mum died suddenly so it was extra special spending these past few years with my Dad, its been very hard as we were very close and one of the first people I would go to for advice etc, my Dad would be so annoyed at me for moping around lol and being surrounded by males (sons, husband and brother) helps as otherwise I would "all over the place". Thank you all again.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your sad news Brits1. Even when they're old and their time is up, it still leaves a hole in our hearts and lives. Take all the hugs you can get!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your loss.Your Dad sounded like a lovely man.No matter how much time we have with our parents it is never enough.May you find great comfort in all your lovely memories.x
Old Apr 26th 2015, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your sad news. I hope you're OK.

We moved back to be closer to my Mum and Dad too. Dad is almost eighty and Mum is seventy. It's so good to be close to them again and not have the annoying time differences to deal with either.

Take care.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi

Thank you for your kinds words, I certainly have my "days" but I know time is a great healer, Dad was 86 years old, he would of been 87 this year and was still living in his own home, I feel very lucky to have been able to spend these past few years with him to me they have been extra special. His funeral is this Friday the 1st of May which in a way is so lovely as he loved the Spring and May was one of his favourite months (as it was usually the only Month we had nice weather for most of it) Your parents are youngsters yet and I hope you have many more years together.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi

Thank you for your kinds words, I certainly have my "days" but I know time is a great healer, Dad was 86 years old, he would of been 87 this year and was still living in his own home, I feel very lucky to have been able to spend these past few years with him to me they have been extra special. His funeral is this Friday the 1st of May which in a way is so lovely as he loved the Spring and May was one of his favourite months (as it was usually the only Month we had nice weather for most of it) Your parents are youngsters yet and I hope you have many more years together.
Thank you. All the best for May 1st. It'll be a good day for you to remember him by in the years ahead.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

sueduffy is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry for your tragic loss brits1.I have been back twice to the Uk, but daughter and hubby wanted to come back to Oz.Dad has in the last few weeks been diagnosed with Leukemia and months earlier Alzheimers.My heart is breaking that i am not in a position to go back.I wish you could have had longer ,but cherish those wonderful memories.xx
Old Apr 26th 2015, 10:08 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.