British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Back Home (https://britishexpats.com/forum/back-home-158/)
-   -   Bloody Hell. Nearly 7 years back (https://britishexpats.com/forum/back-home-158/bloody-hell-nearly-7-years-back-894107/)

geeandtee Mar 19th 2017 9:03 pm

Bloody Hell. Nearly 7 years back

I see I dropped by last year to give an update.

Here's where I'm at now.

Still in Wiltshire, still in the same village. My freelance gig turned into a full-time job as a Senior Editor. I work from home, which is perfect. As I work from home, I finally took the plunge and fostered a dog rescued from a Romanian 'shelter'. I started the whole adoption thing with him today.
My son is sitting his A-levels in May. Then he wants to take a year off before going to University.

Still glad to be back in the UK. We did go and visit my parents in Ohio for Christmas 2016. It was our first visit back to the US. It was nice, but I was glad to get home again.

I know it was horrible when I lost my job in Arizona, but I think it was probably a blessing in disguise. I wouldn't want to be living in the US now. :(

BEVS Mar 19th 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Bloody Hell. Nearly 7 years back

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us lot here on BE.

These updates are important & uplifting for those of us spread out there around the world that may be slowly considering a new phase of life in the UK.

Picture of your dog please. Everyone knows I'm a softy for our lovely pets.

geeandtee Mar 19th 2017 9:48 pm

1 Attachment(s)
thanks. I'm glad it helps! And it's always nice to stop by.

I think I've attached it.

This is Trevor. Five years old. Brought to the UK last December after 3 years in a dog shelter where he had to scrap with other dogs to get his food.

Mallory Apr 4th 2017 11:33 am

Originally Posted by geeandtee (Post 12208358)

This is Trevor. Five years old. Brought to the UK last December after 3 years in a dog shelter where he had to scrap with other dogs to get his food.

Nice dog! I remember your visa problem, and your move! I spent a lot of time in Marlborough, Wilts, as a child. My aunt and uncle lived there. They lived near Gordon Richards (jockey) old house. Always loved in there.

Mummy in the foothills Apr 7th 2017 4:42 pm

That 7 years has gone quickly.
Cute dog :thumbup:

brits1 Apr 10th 2017 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by geeandtee (Post 12208329)

Here's where I'm at now.

Still in Wiltshire, still in the same village. My freelance gig turned into a full-time job as a Senior Editor. I work from home, which is perfect. As I work from home, I finally took the plunge and fostered a dog rescued from a Romanian 'shelter'. I started the whole adoption thing with him today.
My son is sitting his A-levels in May. Then he wants to take a year off before going to University.

Still glad to be back in the UK. We did go and visit my parents in Ohio for Christmas 2016. It was our first visit back to the US. It was nice, but I was glad to get home again.

I know it was horrible when I lost my job in Arizona, but I think it was probably a blessing in disguise. I wouldn't want to be living in the US now. :(

As always its a pleasure to read a "happy" story and it is lovely to hear that your all settled, sometimes certain situations at the time might be awful but my friend close to where I live set up an adoption agency for dogs from Romania a few years ago, its one of her greatest passions, she herself adopted a dog from Romania and that's how she decided to set up her agency. Good luck with everything and the future.

Groanies Apr 23rd 2017 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by geeandtee (Post 12208358)

Cute looking dog!

brits1 Jul 7th 2017 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by geeandtee (Post 12208329)

Here's where I'm at now.

I have just realised after reading your thread that we have also been back in the UK for just over 7 years (March 2010):eek: Its always nice to hear of people being happy no matter where they have decided to settle, as you say maybe loosing your job was really a "blessing in disguise" as its sometimes the nudge we need. We brought out beautiful little dog back with us from Aus and she has truly had a wonderful time here as well. Good luck with your sons A level's our youngest also took a year off after completing his A level's, he wanted a break and just worked part time, we were both in Wiltshire a few weeks ago exploring the county, Salisbury was lovely and we also saw Stonehenge and drove to Dorset, you live in a lovely part of the country, its nice to call somewhere home and it actually feels like home. Good luck for the future