Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Been home just over a year......

Been home just over a year......

Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been home just over a year......

Can we have some photos of the autumn trees please.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
**** me, that's one seriously old bridge. I mean, I knew there was some old stuff in the yookay (unlike here in Oz where everything's like brand new), but a 3300 year old bridge?!?! Wowzers.
Oh you is soooo picky!!! I meant A.D....!!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

My hope is that a year from now I will be able to say what you have just said, been back 1 month and still in that rocky stage. You have given me hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that it might not be a train. Home is home!!! good luck for your future.
Originally Posted by TraceyW
and love it more than ever!

First few months being home were a tad rocky, then we found our feet and settled in well.

Hubby has just qualified as a plumber and has loved retraining. I'm loving my job, which is a first for me!

Our house is our home. First time in a long time I have called a house my home. I reckon they'll carry me out of here in a box I love it that much. Have loved watching the seasons change throughout this year, planting different plants in my lovely garden and watching them thrive and not shrivvel and die despite copious amounts of water! We've spent amazing quality time with family, been to some wonderful places with scenery to take your breath away.

Kids have settled in brilliantly and both have a great bunch of mates. They play down the park, which just happens to be at the bottom of our garden, ride their bikes around the quiet streets. Son plays for West Devon cricket and our local football club, which hubby manages. Daughter can usually be found up to her elbows in horse-sh*t at the weekend and as happy as a pig in sh*t with it!!

Looking forward to Christmas when all the family are coming to us. I've already been through the local woods and collected fir cones to make my wreath! Can't wait. It's turning all Autumnal now, the leaves on the trees are turning the most amazing shades of reds, ambers and yellows. The squirrels down our garden in the old oak tree are forraging for their winter stock. The nights are drawing in and it's fabulous to be able to 'bed-down' for the evening and turn the fire on, close the curtains and snuggle. Just love it!

Just wanted to let you guys know that all is well. Life is very good back home and none of us regret a moment of our decision. Even my husband, who was a staunch Australia fan loves being home

All the very best to those of you due to come home soon.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Been home just over a year......

Hi Tracey
so jealous we return to Cornwall in Jan 13 weeks today can not wait furniture goes next week I wish I wish I was going too want a real christmas and to go on the moors after lunch and walk it off not fair please post some pics so I can drool even more!
Incidently which end of Devon are you?
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

First few months being home were a tad rocky, then we found our feet and settled in well.

Hubby has just qualified as a plumber and has loved retraining. I'm loving my job, which is a first for me!

Our house is our home. First time in a long time I have called a house my home. I reckon they'll carry me out of here in a box I love it that much. Have loved watching the seasons change throughout this year, planting different plants in my lovely garden and watching them thrive and not shrivvel and die despite copious amounts of water! We've spent amazing quality time with family, been to some wonderful places with scenery to take your breath away.

Kids have settled in brilliantly and both have a great bunch of mates. They play down the park, which just happens to be at the bottom of our garden, ride their bikes around the quiet streets. Son plays for West Devon cricket and our local football club, which hubby manages. Daughter can usually be found up to her elbows in horse-sh*t at the weekend and as happy as a pig in sh*t with it!!

Looking forward to Christmas when all the family are coming to us. I've already been through the local woods and collected fir cones to make my wreath! Can't wait. It's turning all Autumnal now, the leaves on the trees are turning the most amazing shades of reds, ambers and yellows. The squirrels down our garden in the old oak tree are forraging for their winter stock. The nights are drawing in and it's fabulous to be able to 'bed-down' for the evening and turn the fire on, close the curtains and snuggle. Just love it!

Just wanted to let you guys know that all is well. Life is very good back home and none of us regret a moment of our decision. Even my husband, who was a staunch Australia fan loves being home

Glad to hear it's working out so well for you!

Your daughter being up to her elbows in horse sh*t reminded me of when I 'lived' at the stables all those years ago - happy days!

Have a great Christmas!
Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:11 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey - I cannot believe you've been back a whole year!!

I don't want to say I told you so.............but..............I just knew it would all work out for you - at last you have your happy ending xxxxxx
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janeyk
Incidently which end of Devon are you?
We're in South Hams bit of Devon. All the very best to you back in Cornwall

Originally Posted by pommybird
Tracey - I cannot believe you've been back a whole year!!

I don't want to say I told you so.............but..............I just knew it would all work out for you - at last you have your happy ending xxxxxx
You know what? You can gloat all you want because you were so right!

Here's some pics:
Attached Thumbnails Been home just over a year......-001.jpg   Been home just over a year......-002.jpg   Been home just over a year......-017.jpg  
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

love the photos and wish I was back there..
Old Oct 28th 2009, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Super photos.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:36 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you is soooo picky!!! I meant A.D....!!
I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to embarrass you.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

drool! and you gort nice weather too! fed up of this constant wind!
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all

Thanks for this really helpful when you're waivering - I so want to go home but sometimes get freaked out remembering the ugly bits (traffic, racial issues , crowded shops) but when I remember the beautiful bits and the accessibility of the countryside I feel full of warmth and hope. You cant walk freely here in oz ( rules about everything and no dogs allowed and often too bloody hot to be out for long) and where you can you have to watch out for dangerous things snakes spiders etc - I cant wait to be walking through national trust land again where the most dangerous thing you have to watch out for is a cow pat! And I know this sounds perverse but there is such little crime here (sunshine coast) that the police spend all their time pulling over regular people for minor misdemeaners - I am more police aware here than I ever was in the UK and as a regular citizen feel very rule bound and constricted ( although I can leave my door unlocked for days!!!).
Old Oct 31st 2009, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey so pleased for you and your family...and your thread came at a wonderful time for me....just walked our small dog around the park.....bumped into some people I have not seen in a while and guess what "we are mad,mad,mad for even selling our home here in Perth"...and even "crazier to move back to the U.K"......I could not walk away quick enough...lol...(the dog loved it though)....been a week for people offering their advice...so thank you....we know we are doing the right thing for us....just gets a bit much when you have to put up with other peoples thoughts....hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family, we are already planning ours with both of our families (that will be fun...kidding) for next year. All the best to you and your family. Watch out Devon next year if Nu Shooz is heading your way...lol...only joking R. ....
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Tracey so pleased for you and your family...and your thread came at a wonderful time for me....just walked our small dog around the park.....bumped into some people I have not seen in a while and guess what "we are mad,mad,mad for even selling our home here in Perth"...and even "crazier to move back to the U.K"......I could not walk away quick enough...lol...(the dog loved it though)....been a week for people offering their advice...so thank you....we know we are doing the right thing for us....just gets a bit much when you have to put up with other peoples thoughts....hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family, we are already planning ours with both of our families (that will be fun...kidding) for next year. All the best to you and your family. Watch out Devon next year if Nu Shooz is heading your way...lol...only joking R. ....
LOL...you are right, i am nuts

I'm in party mode tonight. Going to Halloween party, can't wait. Got a fab outfit to wear, so i shall be in a naughty mood tonight
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:39 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

We're in South Hams bit of Devon. All the very best to you back in Cornwall

You know what? You can gloat all you want because you were so right!

Here's some pics:
the one of the beach could be in aussie , i thought the uk was always raining and miserable and the beaches were dumping grounds for human waste and nuclear discharge and dodgy illegal migrants . God forbid dont post this in the wannebee section ,all them in birmingham ,manchester etc will realise there is somthing far better just down the M5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.