Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Bad experience in NZ, want to go home after almsot 7 years gone

Bad experience in NZ, want to go home after almsot 7 years gone

Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:52 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad experience in NZ, want to go home after almsot 7 years gone

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
INDEED!!!! I have to say I am dreading the weather but Vancouver Island is pretty wet during the winter.......this year was unbearable. Ah well, I will have work, my mum, good friends and yes, THE PUB!
I am 3 hours drive from Vancouver - I am boating at anacortes this weekend - I will give you a wave !

Where I am there is 8 inches rain pa and 300 days sun ! and it doesnt get too cold and the 95 in summer feels great coz its so dry
Old Jul 30th 2010, 12:59 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wewannago
Thank you, I am so worried what will happen to us once we get back/if we get back. Worst case scenario being we have no funds.
I can understand that the journey adhead of you must be terrifying - to step out of what you know and jump into the unknown.

But much of the unknown is not as bad as we fear and you won't know unless you try to take that first step forward.

You are breaking out of a violent and dangerous situation so well done to you on making that decision which is not as easy as it one would think and noone can possibly understand what you are going through unless they have been there.

Concentrate on getting out of your current situation, get yourself back to the UK - you have somewhere to stay initially so you have a roof over your head, you will have some money - albeit not a huge amount so you wont go hungry.

You will find that once you get back home and realise just how far you have come, the strength that you had to find to make that final break, you will realise how strong you are as a woman/mother.

Get yourself home, take a deep breath, then get some help having your resume written and register with some agencies and utilize any help on offer to get you a form of income.

There is support out there so start researching now as you are doing and find out what help you can get.

You will be surprised at how much you can achieve and you should feel very proud of yourself for getting as far as you have done.

Good luck.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:16 am
Just Joined

wewannago is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone. I hope to find out next week or the week after. NZ law actually doesn't like women taking their kiddies out of here. So fingers crossed
Old Jul 31st 2010, 2:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone. I hope to find out next week or the week after. NZ law actually doesn't like women taking their kiddies out of here. So fingers crossed
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Let us know how you get on ....and GOOD LUCK!

Just concentrate on getting out of here and home. The rest will fall into place. You'll be happier and safe, where you want to be with Family and Friends.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:14 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

No, NZ law doesn't like it, maybe have an appointment with CYFS or Refuge in advance of applying for any legal paperwork, just so your domestic violence situation is on record?

Where in NZ are you and do you have support here? If I am anywhere near you I would be only too happy to help with offers of wine and a shoulder. I separated from my husband 4 months ago and have 4 kids, although no domestic violence it is daunting facing a whole new future alone, but it will get easier for you.