Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Back 3.5 months after 10 years in Canada

Back 3.5 months after 10 years in Canada

Old Dec 29th 2016, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back 3.5 months after 10 years in Canada

Originally Posted by Benson55
I can fully understand why you don't miss Canada, horrible place.
I am trying to sell a business so I can move back and get out of this country of high taxes, expensive everything. Canadians are nothing like they portray themselves on the international stage, they are racist, low intelligence, no style, no culture, and sometimes just down right nasty. I know having been here 21 years and hated it for half the time. I made a HUGE mistake of buying a business in a smaller town than Vancouver, WOW THAT REALLY OPENED MY EYES AS TO HOW NASTY THESE PEOPLE ARE.
Why on earth they want to be American is beyond me when America steals the oil and gas and laughs at how stupid Canadians really are.
Can't wait to go home.
Totally agree with you, Benson55 ... I'm dying a very slow death here in this country, it's sapping the life right out of me :-(
Old Dec 29th 2016, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear that but I feel the same way as have medication the last few years to cope with this aweful country. You are not alone there are a lot of people who want to get out, some are more fortunate than others to be able to do so, some are not able though.
Keep going.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benson55
I can fully understand why you don't miss Canada, horrible place.
I am trying to sell a business so I can move back and get out of this country of high taxes, expensive everything. Canadians are nothing like they portray themselves on the international stage, they are racist, low intelligence, no style, no culture, and sometimes just down right nasty. I know having been here 21 years and hated it for half the time. I made a HUGE mistake of buying a business in a smaller town than Vancouver, WOW THAT REALLY OPENED MY EYES AS TO HOW NASTY THESE PEOPLE ARE.
Why on earth they want to be American is beyond me when America steals the oil and gas and laughs at how stupid Canadians really are.
Can't wait to go home.
+1

Canada is by far one of the most overrated countries in the world, everyone has this massive sense of entitlement and at the same time think that they are polite, courteous and welcoming, which could not be further from the truth
Old Jan 10th 2017, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Freshwhyte
+1

Canada is by far one of the most overrated countries in the world, everyone has this massive sense of entitlement and at the same time think that they are polite, courteous and welcoming, which could not be further from the truth
+2!
Old Jan 18th 2017, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

missmemum is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to agree on what Benson and Trish both said. Living in Canada can be very draining in many ways, especially if you become unhappy and disillusioned with your lot!
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed , the carbon taxes, the price of electricity, groceries are so expensive now. I really want to move back- my Dad who is 85 is coming out to see me in July this year for a visit- I am contemplating suggesting that Hubby and I think seriously about moving back in 2 years to be closer to my Dad- hibby moans constantly about everything in Canada- he is like Victor Meldrew on steroids- that said- he is not too happy about the thought of the UK refugees issues with no go areas and no freedom of speech either..
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 3:21 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
Agreed , the carbon taxes, the price of electricity, groceries are so expensive now. I really want to move back- my Dad who is 85 is coming out to see me in July this year for a visit- I am contemplating suggesting that Hubby and I think seriously about moving back in 2 years to be closer to my Dad- hibby moans constantly about everything in Canada- he is like Victor Meldrew on steroids- that said- he is not too happy about the thought of the UK refugees issues with no go areas and no freedom of speech either..
WTF is all that about, we've been back in the UK for 8 years and not seen anything of what you are complaining. Certainly there is no lack of freedom of speech, just look at all the lies created by the EU leave groups, and that they have admitted were lies. Freedom of speech is well and living in the UK, unless you are inciting people to break laws or harm people of other races or religions.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 3:45 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
WTF is all that about, we've been back in the UK for 8 years and not seen anything of what you are complaining. Certainly there is no lack of freedom of speech, just look at all the lies created by the EU leave groups, and that they have admitted were lies. Freedom of speech is well and living in the UK, unless you are inciting people to break laws or harm people of other races or religions.
I don't understand the 'UK refugee issues with no go areas'. What does that mean?
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 3:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I don't understand the 'UK refugee issues with no go areas'. What does that mean?
No idea either, wasn't my post.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 4:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

he is not too happy about the thought of the UK refugees issues with no go areas and no freedom of speech either..
Goodness me.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Great glad to hear that is the case- where in the UK are you Novo?
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Editha
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

No idea either, wasn't my post.
Donald Trump: British police officers warn about growing ISIS radicalisation in London | UK | News | Express.co.uk
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

You have to understand that we can only base our concerns on what we can read online, we have seen the videos of Blackburn with the marches in the streets and the Luton video about how some of the Muslims are in the street protesting against the police, and saying Sharia Law is ok and they will be taking over the country..
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 4:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Great glad to hear that is the case- where in the UK are you Novo?
In a part of Newcastle upon Tyne called Walker, just on the edge of Byker, which was a no-go area under the Thatcher regime but is now a pleasant place to live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.