Back 2 years and loving it

Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice
Default Back 2 years and loving it

Sorry for the delay in giving feedback but the time has just flown by, I have been back 2 years now and my Canadian girlfriend came with me and we are both very happy and loving it here.
I landed on a Saturday and started work the following Wednesday so that was the biggest hurdle sorted, I then found a flat a car and furnishings over the next month before my partner arrived. once she was here we got her national insurance number, registered with the doctors etc and we have not looked back since , my partner found work 3 weeks after arriving so we have been very lucky as having jobs has helped so much with setting up here.
We are both very glad we made the move and have no regrets as we have loads to do and a great social life now.
For those thinking of moving back I would say for us the move was not as daunting as we thought it would be ,,,, but we were both very lucky in finding good jobs very quickly, so to those who are making the move back good luck and hope it works out as well for you as it has for us.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back 2 years and loving it

Good to hear it has all fallen into place for you both! The work situation must be the most worrying for anyone moving in, but once you've dealt with that you can (as my son is always saying) crack on! Long may the enjoyment continue for you!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

So glad it has worked out for you!

It is tougher when returning and needing to find work in particular. Everything hangs on having an income. I am delightfully 'past it' in that regard!

I had to leave my car behind in Australia. An old banger: the car, not me, you fool! (Curiously, my well maintained old faithful developed a not worth repairing fault-on the very last trip I made in it. I actually found it sad).

Living in a village here meant a £10.30 bus fare to Kendal. My pathetic delight is my free bus pass! Gawd, how times have changed!

All the best.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bigals
Sorry for the delay in giving feedback but the time has just flown by, I have been back 2 years now and my Canadian girlfriend came with me and we are both very happy and loving it here.
I landed on a Saturday and started work the following Wednesday so that was the biggest hurdle sorted, I then found a flat a car and furnishings over the next month before my partner arrived. once she was here we got her national insurance number, registered with the doctors etc and we have not looked back since , my partner found work 3 weeks after arriving so we have been very lucky as having jobs has helped so much with setting up here.
We are both very glad we made the move and have no regrets as we have loads to do and a great social life now.
For those thinking of moving back I would say for us the move was not as daunting as we thought it would be ,,,, but we were both very lucky in finding good jobs very quickly, so to those who are making the move back good luck and hope it works out as well for you as it has for us.
Why was the move not as daunting as you thought it would be? Hope you don't mind my curiosity
Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

To be honest the move back was a breeze , everything just fell into place and it is like I never even left
Old Apr 27th 2014, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bigals
To be honest the move back was a breeze , everything just fell into place and it is like I never even left
Glad to hear it!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

So another update , after 2 years I thought it was time to go back to Canada and visit a few friends and my kids, it has just confirmed I made the right choice . The first thing that hit me was the heat 32 but felt like 40 with the humidity and then the drive to Hamilton , it was horrendous the standard of driving is beyond belief ,,, it was good to see friends and family but very sad to see most are having a hard time with lack of work and big bills , glad to be back here and the good news is my son is looking to move back here as he has had enough and my daughter is coming next year for a 6 mth see how she likes it with the intent of moving back.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. So happy it worked out for you. Love to read the good and the bad of returning to the U.K but of course the happy outcomes are always the best and make my heart sing..