Another Scottish island

Old Feb 23rd 2018, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Scottish island

On reflection it seems to me that 2014 was our 1745.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 4:23 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
On reflection it seems to me that 2014 was our 1745.
As in, 2014 was a repeat of 1745?
Old Feb 24th 2018, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

i mean that we were defeated. Vae victis !
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

i mean that we were defeated. ....
As only residents of Scotland voted, doesn't that mean you defeated yourselves?
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.historicenvironment.scot...se-settlement/

Going to see this on the most northerly isles in Scotland. The Dano-Norwegians owed us some money for a marriage dowry, but were broke, so we took Orkney and Shetland as securiiy. We did not give the islands back.

Last edited by scot47; Mar 22nd 2018 at 3:41 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 3:37 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Going to see this on the most northerly isles in Scotland. The Dano-Norwegians owed us some money for a marriage dowry, but were broke, so we took Orkney and Shetland as securiiy. We did not give the islands back.
Looks amazing.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now that winter is leaving us, I can be more confident in planning some trips.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:08 pm
Yo

Now that winter is leaving us, I can be more confident in planning some trips.
How do you travel? By ferry? I've only been to Mull. Always wanted to go to the Islay and the Outer Hebrides.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can take the ferry from Aberdeen overnight. I am flying with Loganair. I have done a number of the Scottish islands - moist of them since I retired to the west of Scotland, where a lot of the islands are.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:59 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the top of the world up there, and ancient. Beautiful.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To our neighours, the Vikings, Orkney. Shetland and Caithness were "The Soutthern Lands, and very desirable. Hence the area named "Sutherland"

Nice to have a different perspective sometimes. See the world through different eyes.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i may go a chance to do a day trip frpom Oban to Tiree, Colonsay or Coll. i need to persuade my companion. Oban is quite accessible from Glasgow by train or bus
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Looking at Oban (not an island) and Portree (on the Isle of Skye) for trips in Autumn, 2018)
Old Jul 10th 2018, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at Oban (not an island) and Portree (on the Isle of Skye) for trips in Autumn, 2018)
I spent 6 days on the Isle of Skye back in 2015 and absolutely loved it. I stayed in Portree as my niece was living there at the time. Visited Dunvegan Castle, a distillery (can't remember the name) and went on a tour of Skye plus did a lot of walking. I enjoyed my time there - not sure when (or if) I will get back there as my niece has now moved back to the Scottish mainland (Fort William). I love Scotland - my mum was Scottish and I have several family members living there. Hope you have a lovely trip there!
Old Jul 11th 2018, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I cannot help but observe the huge numbers of English colonists in places like Skye and Galloway. As Brexit closes doors to Europe, more are coming to live in Scotland, using their inflated equity on properties in the Deep South. "Sell your cardboard box and buy a castle from the Jocks."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.