7 months on

Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:57 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7 months on

Firstly I would like to say I make absolutely no apologies for my lack of a down to Earth dose of reality in my posts about our return.
Some have accused me amazingly of being too positive and not dragging up negatives even if they havent really affected us.
For us the move to England has been an almost entirely positive experience and I cant just throw in negative experiences to appease a few people. I am having a few issues with getting a new passport and need to get planning permission for my new garage but they are minor.
We were told the whole process of buying a house here would take us at least 2 or 3 months when in fact we completed the whole thing in 3 weeks from having the offer accepted, some sort of record we were told but of course very possible.
We are loving being here, our kids are loving being here. I am especially proud of our kids as they have taken to a totally new country like ducks to water with no complaints.
If some dont agree with my overly positive view of our move quite frankly I see that as their problem not mine.
I will perhaps endeavour to take note of and report on the few negatives we encounter in the future
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 months on

Congratulations, I believe if you are meant to be somewhere, things will fall into place, but that is not to say there are some headaches and you have been very lucky. People have to read these posts with a balanced view and take it from there! It is lovely to read happy posts and sad to read that some people are struggling and I find a bit of empathy goes a long way! I hope that long may you carry on with your happiness!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

Mate, great to hear that things have gone smoothly for you.
I am moving back from Oz next year and will simply take it day by day.
As for the negative folks, just remember, misery loves company.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

adamd76 is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved back at the start of the year. We have had ups and downs but generally we feel we made the best move. I think sometimes people think that when moving back home it will be easy as it is back home and back to what you know but you still go through the same process you did when you emigrated in the first place, I just think you don't have the same honeymoon period when you realise alot of things are the same as they were when you left (depends on the time spent away of course)

One thing we struggled with is knowing you can't move back. I found we were always thinking well if it doesn't work back we can always move back to England but once here that option to move back to where you were isn't so readily available in all cases.

I'm glad to hear everything has been working out well for you!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 6:19 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

We moved back just over a year ago after 10 years in Spain, 2 in Australia then another 2 in Spain and are also loving it back in England.
Kids are doing extremely well at school, after attending school in spain they had help catching up with reading but in no time caught up thanks to the excellent staff at their school. We both self employed and are doing just fine, lots of weekends away, booked 3 weeks in sweden for xmas, misses shopping for a brand new car, just got the new smart tv last week, going to bluewater to get a new kit out for winter this w/e...
Lifes pretty sweet here in the UK for me and mine and I am totally satisfied I (well she) made the decision to come "home"

Well done Chris on your return.

The UK is a land of opportunities IF you open your eyes.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear everything is going so well for you. I too am happy to be back although I will be happier once I'm in my own place.

TGA it's says "Sunny Sidcup" as your location. How is it there? I've been looking near that area. What are the transport links like into the city?
Old Oct 18th 2012, 2:01 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, life is pretty sweet. I do sometimes feel as though I should report a few tiny negatives though, stay tuned, when they happen I will report.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:38 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
Glad to hear everything is going so well for you. I too am happy to be back although I will be happier once I'm in my own place.

TGA it's says "Sunny Sidcup" as your location. How is it there? I've been looking near that area. What are the transport links like into the city?
Its under 20mins on the rattler from sidcup to L'Bridge or half hour to cannon street or charring x, 15 mins drive to bluewater. Loads of parks and good schools, 40 mins to gatwick, good pubs, plenty of jobs,....and I live there.....
Old Oct 18th 2012, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Chris955, I think I've worked out the problem. The national characteristic of the British is we love a good complain about most things. You, on the other hand, are incredibly positive. Are you sure you actually are British?
Old Oct 18th 2012, 7:20 pm
Banned

Yes definitely British, I have other positive British friends but the 'typical' Brit tends to be glass half empty whether it is justified or not and it rarely is.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Chris, thanks for taking my comment with good humour!
Like you, I love being back, as evidenced by the recent bacon shortage, caused by me and my family. We have five years in the US to make up for!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

You have to make sure you don't fall down the drains though. ........ and drive carefully on those country roads.

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/95...Herefordshire/

:-)
Old Oct 19th 2012, 6:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jemima55
Like you, I love being back, as evidenced by the recent bacon shortage, caused by me and my family. We have five years in the US to make up for!
Of course I did, I have been out of the country but havent lost my sense of humour
Mmm, bacon.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 3:14 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris955, Glad things are going well for you. I like to read your positive posts.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 3:16 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
There is a bacon shortage up here in Scotland too. Caused by me and OH. Fortunately, my scales are still in transit, so any weight gain cannot be verified. Therefore, I can't go on a diet yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.