6 month update

Old Nov 24th 2014, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 6 month update

So Ive been back 6 months now so thought it was a good time to write a quick update. Its been great since Ive been back and things have finally fallen into place. Took a bit longer than I thought but part of that was me being picky. Stayed with my parents for about 4 1/2 months until I was able to find a house that was right for me and the dog. I was consulting for my old employers in the US so wasn't in a hurry to find a job when I first landed. Everything seemed to happen at the same time, moved house1 week and the following week started a new job. Managed to land an amazing job in marketing for a high profile beauty company. My commute is a shocking 15 mins which beats 1 and 1/2 hours back in the states. The dog settled in quickly and she is one happy pup! Ive been able to reconnect with old friends from school and despite not seeing each other for over 20 years we've picked up right where we left off. Also starting to make new friends at work which is nice. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming wherever I seem to go. Never talked to so many people in my life LOL. I definitely have found a better work life balance here in the UK than I ever had in the states. Its also great to see my family whenever I want to.
So I'm really glad to be back and everything has fallen into place for me. I haven't had one moment of regret and while there are things and people I miss about the States I know I have made the right decision!
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 month update

I am SO very happy for you. Glad things have fallen into place and you have a great job also. Thank You for the update..
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Tiz a lovely update. So uplifting for others still thinking of trying to make that move.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for you, it's so stressful making huge moves like this I am so glad that it is working out so well for you. Now for a British Christmas, you lucky thing!
Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Did you find it hard to get a rental with a dog? That is a big concern for us right now...
Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Really happy for you and happy to hear how well everything is going! Congrats and I wish you all the best for the Holidays! Cheers, M
Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
Did you find it hard to get a rental with a dog? That is a big concern for us right now...
It was hard to find the right rental that would take the dog. There were plenty out there that just required an additional bond but they were either too small for all my stuff or they were in a bad area. It meant I had to stay with my parents longer than expected but now we have a nice 3 bed semi with a large fenced in garden shed and garage. The dog is loving having her own garden as she was used to living in a condo in the US. Really excited about Christmas this year.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe it's been 6 months already! Glad you are settled and happy. I'm ready to go now but have to be patient...
Old Nov 26th 2014, 2:37 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I'm glad things have worked out well for you.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it has worked out so well esp for your pup.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fulwood
Can't believe it's been 6 months already! Glad you are settled and happy. I'm ready to go now but have to be patient...
I am right there with ya, Fulwood!
Old Dec 4th 2014, 5:42 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Great update
Old Dec 11th 2014, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
So Ive been back 6 months now... I definitely have found a better work life balance here in the UK than I ever had in the states. ...
You know something funny. I was getting worried about my wife and her stress levels earlier this year so I went to the bookstore (B&N) and asked one of the service assistants to search for me for books on 'Life/Work Balance.' The person helping me said they had never heard of that term and couldn't find anything. I then researched it myself and found that the 'proper' term is 'Work/Life Balance' which is opposite from what I was thinking.

So I had it in my mind that we should all have a proper Life... then... Work balance, putting Life first. Silly me for not realizing that in America... Work ALWAYS comes first. It's a sad realization, IMO.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, to be fair they call it Work/Life Balance in the UK too.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
Haha, to be fair they call it Work/Life Balance in the UK too.
We should start a petition to have that term replaced!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.