3 Months in :)

Old Apr 8th 2016, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Months in :)

Moving back to the UK in 2 weeks from PEI and relate to all of your comments, glad someone sees things as I do too thanks for the post.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 12:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
What a lovely little update. Love the bit about the accent. I get so fed up of all that here in NZ.
I know this is an old thread, but I laughed about the accent thing too. As a newly arrived Aussie in the North West of England, my accent causes great excitement among some people. The checkout guy at Morrisons told me yesterday that he could listen to me all day

The poor bloke in the pub last week got short shrift though. I was having a couple of pints or more with my husband and brother-in-law, and this bloke must have heard me talking - he came over and said to my brother-in-law 'can I talk to her?'. Which I thought was rather endearing if a bit old fashioned. My B-I-L's response wasn't very endearing though. 'Fook off'
Old Apr 9th 2016, 5:14 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

According to the speed checker, we only get 4.79 mbs, although a speed test suggests the actual download speed is nearly double that. But actually, we find that adequate. If we want to download a film, it is best to start the download about half an hour before we watch it, but that is the only problem we experience. I know that Sally needs fast broadband for professional reasons,but if you only want leisure use, it is OK.

What is more troublesome, where I live on the coast of Devon, is mobile phone coverage. There isn't one network which covers the whole area. If you wanted to be always connected, you'd have to walk around with three phones in your pocket.

Last edited by Editha; Apr 9th 2016 at 5:17 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 9:54 pm
Going back....

Scrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond repute

Still happy to be back but haven't sold our house yet Anyone want a good deal on a house in PEI!?
Old Apr 10th 2016, 10:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Scrapcat
Still happy to be back but haven't sold our house yet Anyone want a good deal on a house in PEI!?
Well. I hope you manage to get rid soon. Lovely to read you are still happy with the move back.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I know this is an old thread, but I laughed about the accent thing too.
Crike. The thread is a year old so here is a co-incidence. I was having a right moan-on about the accent thing again just yesterday. We'd been to see a show in town and I had a good 3 people want the accent thing.

I cannot seem to go anywhere without people rocking up to get me to talk in my 'accent'. I have a bit of a short spiel I use now to get rid without being rude. I do Hampshire ( posh) , Dorset, West Country and London all in a row Then finish off with a quick bit of Midlands . It's usually enough to see them off.

For me it has become very tedious but of course the folk in question don't realise this. That I may go through this most days . *sigh*

Oddly, MrBEVS who hails from Wolverhampton doesn't get this . Although he has been mistaken for American and South African at times.

Not sure whether to blame Doc Martin & cast or Catherine Tate. Both have appeared on NV TV .