18 month update.

Old Nov 19th 2013, 8:36 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 18 month update.

Originally Posted by chris955
Thanks for the comments guys, I am accused by a small number of people of being overly positive which I find incredible. I most certainly wont apologize for having a good life or for enjoying where we are in life. I hope that all those planning on making the move home see my comments for what they are. For those who just want to follow me around trying to pick holes in everything I say my suggestion is get a life
Positive is a good thing & really pleased to read your comments ... congrats

Chris up until this life back in the UK had you ever previously lived or worked in the UK & based on the answer, how old was you when you left
Old Nov 20th 2013, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
We have 2 young children so we dont fit the bill entirely
Oh sorry I forgot, still a nice place to bring up two young children away from the big cities. I think you said it somewhere, but old fashioned values are still around!
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:04 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Positive is a good thing & really pleased to read your comments ... congrats

Chris up until this life back in the UK had you ever previously lived or worked in the UK & based on the answer, how old was you when you left
Thank you.

Yes I have lived in the UK over the years for a couple of years at a time, the last time was about 14 or so years ago when in my 30's.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 8:58 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, so glad things are working out for you. You know I am of the same mind.

I sometimes wonder why I left, but then I think that, if I hadn't, I wouldn't appreciate being back so much.

A few weeks ago I was out for my daily walk and a Landrover pulled over. A crusty old Northern farmer was driving his wife in the passenger seat. He said "I know your name and all about you. You're called Louise and you run your own business. Live up in one of them converted barns at **** Farm. I'm Harold and this is Ruth. They say you're a right grand lass, so we just wanted to say hello and welcome."

We chatted for a while (no idea who told him all my info but it doesn't matter) then he drove off. Now I see him almost every day when I'm walking and we wave and smile. Sometimes he stops to chat, sometimes he doesn't. And I never go for my walk without waving to some neighbour or other, oftentimes several of them.

If anything ever happened and I needed help, I know at least 6 houses I could go to and I've only been here 7 months. I bet the same is true for you.

I do think there's a vast difference between city and country life, but having no desire to live in a city, I can't really say what it's like.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 12:00 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Chris, so glad things are working out for you. You know I am of the same mind.

I sometimes wonder why I left, but then I think that, if I hadn't, I wouldn't appreciate being back so much.

A few weeks ago I was out for my daily walk and a Landrover pulled over. A crusty old Northern farmer was driving his wife in the passenger seat. He said "I know your name and all about you. You're called Louise and you run your own business. Live up in one of them converted barns at **** Farm. I'm Harold and this is Ruth. They say you're a right grand lass, so we just wanted to say hello and welcome."

We chatted for a while (no idea who told him all my info but it doesn't matter) then he drove off. Now I see him almost every day when I'm walking and we wave and smile. Sometimes he stops to chat, sometimes he doesn't. And I never go for my walk without waving to some neighbour or other, oftentimes several of them.

If anything ever happened and I needed help, I know at least 6 houses I could go to and I've only been here 7 months. I bet the same is true for you.

I do think there's a vast difference between city and country life, but having no desire to live in a city, I can't really say what it's like.
I know exactly what you mean, the locals around here are wonderful, friendly and helpful. I read some posts by members such as Lothianlad and wonder what country they are talking about. I travel to many areas in England and just dont see some of the stuff that a few people talk about. That does get misinterpreted as me not seeing any bad in the country which is absurd but there appears to be many times more goid than bad. Why does it seem so hard for some to see that?