British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Zip Line from Spain to Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/zip-line-spain-portugal-867640/)

EMR Nov 7th 2015 7:08 am

Zip Line from Spain to Portugal

We did this last week , great fun and at 17euros great value.On the day we did it users ranged from 14 to 75 years old.
On the Portuguese side Alcoutim is approx 30 mins from the end of the A22.
You catch the ferry across the river where a landrover takes up to the start of the line.
As part of the package your 1euro ferry charge is refunded .
We did not know how attractive this part of the border is and will certainly be returning and do the zip line again.

MikeCol Nov 7th 2015 7:47 am

Re: Zip Line from Spain to Portugal

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11788369)
We did this last week , great fun and at 17euros great value.On the day we did it users ranged from 14 to 75 years old.
On the Portuguese side Alcoutim is approx 30 mins from the end of the A22.
You catch the ferry across the river where a landrover takes up to the start of the line.
As part of the package your 1euro ferry charge is refunded .
We did not know how attractive this part of the border is and will certainly be returning and do the zip line again.

Hi, yes it is brilliant and of course you can drive up the Spanish side of the river to get to the starting point at Sanlucar de Guadiana. Must add though, don't tell too many people how lovely this end of the Algarve is as we are trying to keep it a secret ;-)), regards Bryony

guesswork Nov 7th 2015 8:17 am

If you drive up the Spanish side , the ferry price is included in the Zipwire fee. Although it is only a euro

Campanula Nov 7th 2015 10:00 am

If you drive up the spanish side can you cross in a car or do you have to drive further up?

guesswork Nov 7th 2015 11:08 am

The ferry at Sanlucar and Alcoutim is small Just on foot and cycles The nearest bridge is past Mertola

When we did the Zipwire, we drove to Sanlucar, did the wire and then had lunch in Alcoutim. Mainly because there are wider choice of restaurants in Alcoutim. Then we got the ferry back to the cars

Here is the website You can book on line
Tirolina transfronteriza espaƱa - portugal

Campanula Nov 7th 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks, I've been and didn't think there was a crossing by car before Mertola.

irismary Nov 8th 2015 8:14 pm

Remember that it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, and will close for the winter around the end of November. They have a webpage called Limitezero, where you can book the trip, which should say when it happens.
I live in Sanlucar, and do it with our occasional visitors, I'm not quite sure if I've done it six times, or seven!
On a nice day, you can't beat the outside terrace at Bella's (Cafe O Soeira) for barbecued chicken, and a 4 euro carafe of wine, overlooking the river!