Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

White Villa - Tomillo 4 Ayamonte

White Villa - Tomillo 4 Ayamonte

Old Aug 28th 2016, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

TerryMac321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default White Villa - Tomillo 4 Ayamonte

Does anyone know any history on this property? Apparently never lived in, a bank repossession?
Old Aug 28th 2016, 3:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: White Villa - Tomillo 4 Ayamonte

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 28th 2016, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TerryMac321
Does anyone know any history on this property? Apparently never lived in, a bank repossession?
Do you have a photo or map location. Having been here since 2005 and having a villa myself, know the history of most of the unoccupied villa's around the development. If I don't recognise it Bill or Dave might.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

The actual address is 27 Tomillo 4 Ayamonte. If you look on the website Pisos en Ayamonte | Inmobiliarias Ayamonte |Inmobara it's on page 15 at 366,500 euro.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like a very old photo of what I call the cruise ship :-) as far as I know it has had at least 2 owners, one being a Scottish man ?
Old Aug 30th 2016, 8:09 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

One previous owner, was lived in by that family and handed back to the bank a number of years ago.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies.

Is it in a good area of Ayamonte? Anything to be worried about?
Old Aug 31st 2016, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies the property is no where near where I originally thought.
Old Aug 31st 2016, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Looks quite impressive on Streetlife. It's on the top of the hill on the other side of the main road from the Paradore. Judging by the surrounding houses and cars it looks like a fairly affluent neighbourhood. It is surrounded by mobile antennae so it should get excellent telephone and internet
Looks like it has an amazing view across the miasmas to Isla Canela and the sea.
If it's a bank 'give-back' then it will have some room to negotiate on price - particularly if it has been listed for some time.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 5:02 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

The actual address is 27 Tomillo 4 Ayamonte. If you look on the website Pisos en Ayamonte | Inmobiliarias Ayamonte |Inmobara it's on page 15 at 366,500 euro.
My BH and I have visited this villa and also made some extensive enquiries regarding the work that (we think) needs to be done. We decided not to go for it for various reasons. But these are obviously subjective and depend on the individual buyers requirements.

The views are stunning, virtually 360 degrees especially from the top terrace. A fair amount of remedial work needs to be done. The masts are an eyesore and right behind. There is a private lift as well - handy if you have elderly or 'physically limited' visitors. (But involves an implementation and annual maintenance cost) You can drive up the shared drive and into the house, park, and comfortably take the lift to the other levels. 'Shared' because to the left (looking from the road) is a villa plot that can be built on when there is a buyer - that will share access to the road and so the cost etc of the electric gate to the road.

No real garden so low maintenance I would guess. You would need to find some way to get shade as the sun will be tough in the summer. I personally don't believe it has 6 bedrooms - but 'estate agent speak' would disagree

Please contact MichaelH - he has all the details and will give you the full run down, including the plans, estimates of costs for the work required - that he very kindly prepared for us, to get this villa up to the standard we would want. I would guess that most people, with an eye to this kind of property, would be looking at roughly the same sort of remedial work.... then any other personal stuff re colour schemes, bathroom layout etc etc. Again this will be detailed in the information the Michael has compiled for us.

Good luck

Jon

PS Pls throw in plenty of 'IMO's' in the text above

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Sep 4th 2016 at 5:38 am.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 7:51 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to mention Michael also has a video made by a drone that is a really good way to see the place from home.

Also we viewed the property late last year and it was already vacant for a long time. Designed by a Brit, who had to give it up for some reason. So there may well be 'wiggle room' on any negotiation. We certainly would have tried had we decided on it, and that's a while ago now.

Note I have no commercial connection with his company, just passing on the info we learned from him when we were prospecting - therefore remaining totally on topic

Jon
Old Sep 6th 2016, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
My BH and I have visited this villa and also made some extensive enquiries regarding the work that (we think) needs to be done. We decided not to go for it for various reasons. But these are obviously subjective and depend on the individual buyers requirements.

The views are stunning, virtually 360 degrees especially from the top terrace. A fair amount of remedial work needs to be done. The masts are an eyesore and right behind. There is a private lift as well - handy if you have elderly or 'physically limited' visitors. (But involves an implementation and annual maintenance cost) You can drive up the shared drive and into the house, park, and comfortably take the lift to the other levels. 'Shared' because to the left (looking from the road) is a villa plot that can be built on when there is a buyer - that will share access to the road and so the cost etc of the electric gate to the road.

No real garden so low maintenance I would guess. You would need to find some way to get shade as the sun will be tough in the summer. I personally don't believe it has 6 bedrooms - but 'estate agent speak' would disagree

Please contact MichaelH - he has all the details and will give you the full run down, including the plans, estimates of costs for the work required - that he very kindly prepared for us, to get this villa up to the standard we would want. I would guess that most people, with an eye to this kind of property, would be looking at roughly the same sort of remedial work.... then any other personal stuff re colour schemes, bathroom layout etc etc. Again this will be detailed in the information the Michael has compiled for us.

Good luck

Jon

PS Pls throw in plenty of 'IMO's' in the text above

Jon,

Thank you so much for your reply. We were very close to dealing on the villa last week but had never been given the information on the shared drive nor the fact the land to the left was sold as well as the land to the front of the swimming pool. We also got genuinely worried about the structural stability of the property after seeing the damage in the basement area (you'll know what I mean)

On another point, my wife was eaten alive last week by mosquito's - is it normally that bad in the area?

Regards,

Terry
Old Sep 6th 2016, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Michaelh
One previous owner, was lived in by that family and handed back to the bank a number of years ago.
Michael,

Thank you for your reply. See below...Jon suggests that you may be able to help me with some info on this villa.

Can you email me please

Thank you,

Terry

Last edited by Rosemary; Sep 6th 2016 at 9:28 am. Reason: Best not to put you e-mail address due to Spammers
Old Sep 6th 2016, 9:47 am
BE Positive

Jon,

Thank you so much for your reply. We were very close to dealing on the villa last week but had never been given the information on the shared drive nor the fact the land to the left was sold as well as the land to the front of the swimming pool. We also got genuinely worried about the structural stability of the property after seeing the damage in the basement area (you'll know what I mean)

On another point, my wife was eaten alive last week by mosquito's - is it normally that bad in the area?

Regards,

Terry

Hi Terry - glad to help.

I believe there is a serious offer on the property now.

Mozzies are a problem all over the area I think, and I doubt that this road or neighbourhood is any worse or better than anywhere in a few miles radius. Perhaps all along each side of the border... right to the Med. I don't know for sure though. But over the years Ive heard horror stories from all around.... like a few years back, someone was in VRSA enjoying a beer, and posted that a darkcloud appeared quickly, all the locals dashed into the interior. It was mozzies. We regularly hear of problems and the town hall has sprayed in the past. At the shop a lot of people prefer to be inside when the sun sets in mozzie season

Ive also mentioned several times that the best 'big ticket item' we bought was mozzie screens, better IMO than the A/C. So our home is virtually mozzie free, and the odd one that gets in I love to zap with my 'tennis racket zapper' when it hits the mozzie there is a spark of electricity and the mozzie is toast! (Available from the chinese shops)

Good luck with your continuing house hunt

Jon