British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Ayamonte Club (https://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamonte-club-138/)
-   -   What’s it like? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamonte-club-138/what%E2%80%99s-like-933384/)

Alylovestoholiday Jun 24th 2020 4:02 pm

What’s it like?
 
Hi everyone.



Hope you are all well. We vist Isla Canela every year. We are due to come in August. The lady we rent the apartment off has given us until July 1st to let her know what we are going to do, can either stay as planned or transfer our dates to next year. We are just undecided, from reading on here and articles the border between Portugal and Spain will open up July 1st and we will be able to arrive from the UK into Portugal and travel over the boarder like we would normally, am I reading this correctly ? Can the transfer companies move freely as well?



Does anybody know what the deal is with communal pools? Are they open, free to us as per the normal rules etc? Sun-loungers etc?



We really do want to come but have our reservations regarding it not being the same.
What’s it like down at the marina etc? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ex Adeladie Jun 24th 2020 8:23 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 
Border opens on the 1st July, hopefully. Transfer companies should not have any difficulty crossing the bridge. Or maybe use an Ayamonte taxi if you want to be sure. Each community has different rules, but most of them include a reduced capacity, or a time slot depending on your apartment number. Reduced pool opening times, no showers, toilets or changing rooms. The apartment owner should be able to give you the specific rules. You need to download an app for access to the beach. miplayasegura.

Most bars and restaurants are now open with social distancing and masks being worn. Hope this helps.

Alylovestoholiday Jun 24th 2020 8:49 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 
That’s great thanks.
Had a little look for the app (think I can only download once in Spain) do you you have to book to go on the beach or just register your details?

thanks again
alyson

The Capitans Wench Jun 25th 2020 1:32 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 
I agree hopefully the Spanish/Portuguese border opens 1st July. The communal pool in front of me is open as are the showers/toilets. They are cleaned 3 times a day I think and the touch points around the pool are wiped. The numbers are meant to be restricted but no one is visibly checking. Some days it looks/sounds like too many people. Ball games and big floats as usual despite the gate signs so maybe the Covid rules are also ignored.

Alylovestoholiday Jun 25th 2020 8:49 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 
Thank you. Sounds similar to here, some people very aware and following the guidelines but others not giving a care in the world. I fear we will not make it this year, we will be absolutely devastated first time in about 15 years.

MikeJ Jun 26th 2020 2:45 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 
I would think that by August, when you hope to be there, things will have moved on and will be much more open. Isla Canela has a very big beach so even 2m social distancing is reasonably straightforward. Unless there is a big second spike which seem very unlikely given the history of the plague in Huelva Province

EsuriJohn Jun 27th 2020 6:22 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 12872364)
I would think that by August, when you hope to be there, things will have moved on and will be much more open. Isla Canela has a very big beach so even 2m social distancing is reasonably straightforward. Unless there is a big second spike which seem very unlikely given the history of the plague in Huelva Province

it is happening now, or maybe an extension to the first wave. The scary bit is it has reached Lepe where an Angolan seafarer tested positive and now around eight others several dozen tested and sent into lockdown. There are two other outbreaks in Huelva Province so it has definitely not gone away.

Jon-Bxl Jun 28th 2020 9:42 am

Re: What’s it like?
 

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12872769)
it is happening now, or maybe an extension to the first wave. The scary bit is it has reached Lepe where an Angolan seafarer tested positive and now around eight others several dozen tested and sent into lockdown. There are two other outbreaks in Huelva Province so it has definitely not gone away.

I am holidaying in France, and everything is pretty normal. With the exception of masks required in many places indoors.

I am narked daily at the inconsideration of many people re distancing for example. It seems that many people have forgotten all the advice. I've seen (and avoided) bars heaving. Its not difficult to follow some simple rules and still have a good social life.

A friend went to a small town near Lepe a couple of weeks ago for a meal with family, the place was full with no rules followed. They chose to eat outside and even then people were coming right up to them. I think a resurgence may come from the smaller towns where, perhaps, there is less policing. Like the towns around Lisbon and of course Lepe.

I suppose a 'silver lining' is after weeks of protests, crowded beaches, footy celebrations in the UK etc, if there is no uptick in infection then it is a good sign.

Jon

Alylovestoholiday Jun 28th 2020 12:48 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 
Thanks everyone. I guess we are just going to have to wait and see, especially now Portugal hasn’t been named as one of the air bridges.

Margaret and Derek Jun 28th 2020 5:08 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 12873045)
I am holidaying in France, and everything is pretty normal. With the exception of masks required in many places indoors.

I am narked daily at the inconsideration of many people re distancing for example. It seems that many people have forgotten all the advice. I've seen (and avoided) bars heaving. Its not difficult to follow some simple rules and still have a good social life.

A friend went to a small town near Lepe a couple of weeks ago for a meal with family, the place was full with no rules followed. They chose to eat outside and even then people were coming right up to them. I think a resurgence may come from the smaller towns where, perhaps, there is less policing. Like the towns around Lisbon and of course Lepe.

I suppose a 'silver lining' is after weeks of protests, crowded beaches, footy celebrations in the UK etc, if there is no uptick in infection then it is a good sign.

Jon

Hi Jon, good to see you are well. We had our morning walk round Esuri and there has been a huge influx of cars this weekend. There were not many car parking spaces down at your apartments. We have been so lucky here but I do feel it is just a matter of time before it hits here. Fingers crossed.
Derek.

Jon-Bxl Jun 29th 2020 7:04 am

Re: What’s it like?
 

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek (Post 12873214)
Hi Jon, good to see you are well. We had our morning walk round Esuri and there has been a huge influx of cars this weekend. There were not many car parking spaces down at your apartments. We have been so lucky here but I do feel it is just a matter of time before it hits here. Fingers crossed.
Derek.

Hi Derek glad to hear that you both are well and enjoying a daily 'constitutional' around Esuri.

What a horrible shame it would be if after 3 + months of isolation, and following all the rules, it spreads again caused by people who dont give a d**n!!

Let's hope the reduced infection rate and the good actions of the majority will keep it at bay in Esuri :fingerscrossed:
Jon

EsuriJohn Jun 29th 2020 2:09 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 12873441)
Hi Derek glad to hear that you both are well and enjoying a daily 'constitutional' around Esuri.

What a horrible shame it would be if after 3 + months of isolation, and following all the rules, it spreads again caused by people who dont give a d**n!!

Let's hope the reduced infection rate and the good actions of the majority will keep it at bay in Esuri :fingerscrossed:
Jon

Too late Bill has just warned me that the first Covid 19 case has emerged on ESURI (tbc) but not surprised since lots of holiday owners have descended from the big cities. We wait for more details !!!

Ken and Tina Jun 29th 2020 4:00 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 
Would be very useful to know where, or if this information is published on any official, medical, authorotive body, or other ?.

EsuriJohn Jun 29th 2020 4:58 pm

Re: What’s it like?
 

Originally Posted by Ken and Tina (Post 12873595)
Would be very useful to know where, or if this information is published on any official, medical, authorotive body, or other ?.

This was just a warning to us shielders in case it is true and close to us. We will have to wait for info Ayamonte to update at about 19.00 tonight. Still pretty good for about 30km round Ayamonte but there are spikes elsewhere in Huelva Province.

EsuriJohn Jun 30th 2020 8:30 am

Re: What’s it like?
 

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12873617)
This was just a warning to us shielders in case it is true and close to us. We will have to wait for info Ayamonte to update at about 19.00 tonight. Still pretty good for about 30km round Ayamonte but there are spikes elsewhere in Huelva Province.

last nights update shows no change in the Huelva stats so I can only conclude it was not Covid on Esuri.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:14 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.