Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Utility bills , especially Endesa

Utility bills , especially Endesa

Old May 13th 2021, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Utility bills , especially Endesa

Does have anybody else has also the impression the Endesa Elektricity Bills have gone crazy. They charge almost 50 % more and sometimes twice a month. without having used a single a Kwh since last year ? Any solutions ?
Thx,

mav
Old May 13th 2021, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Utility bills , especially Endesa

Hi Maverick, Electricity bills have always been expensive imo and I cant say I have noticed any difference. They come every TWO months approx so I don't understand twice a month bills. Have you logged into your online account to check your bills / nil consumption ? One assumes the property IS unoccupied ?
For you to compare, my last five bills all nil usage. 20 Aug 20 - 42.22 euros. 2 Nov - 38.83 euros. 22 Dec - 41.47 euros. 18 Feb 2021 - 39.54. 27 Apr 21 - 42.23 euros.

I have a 4.6Kw potencia. A higher potencia will cost much more. I dropped mine down from 6.9 Kw that was original.
So a typical bill is....... Potencia ( standing charge) .... 34.68
Discount ????.............................4.16
Other ?????................................1.56
Taxes ..........................................6.74

When you think of the high percentage of coastal second homes in Spain, Endesa must be taking loads of money for very little effort. I did look into other suppliers but the effort involved to switch was a problem, plus the savings were minimal at the time. Hence, other than ensuring you have the minimum potencia you can get by with that's about all you can do. Personally, I think the water bills evry month are worse for nil usage, plus bank charges which with BBVA are rising to 160 euros per annum from 21st June. ( 40 a quarter) up from 60 every half year. Unless you are a resident with pension or salary these are impossible to avoid with a spanish bank. Hence we subsidise the residents !! Bills in Spain do seem to have become a rip off.
Old May 13th 2021, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

34km North in El Almendro we run with a 4.6 potencia but reduce it to 1.15 when not at the property. At that reduced power rating CHC Energia bill is about 15€ every 2 months for no consumption. Hopefully we will return at end of June when we can go back to 4.6 at just one day notice. Any lower than 1.15 they cut you off!

We pay online with our Halifax Clarity credit card using the CHC website, so no bank charges and almost perfect exchange rate.

Giahsa bill is 17,60€ a month, paid via sgth.es by same method - just over £15 a month at present, for no consumption.

​​​

Old May 13th 2021, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maverik
Does have anybody else has also the impression the Endesa Elektricity Bills have gone crazy. They charge almost 50 % more and sometimes twice a month. without having used a single a Kwh since last year ? Any solutions ?
Thx,

mav
Definitely go online . You can see what is causing your bills to be so high
Obviously the standing daily charge based on your potentia should not change month to month except by number of days counting towards the bill period .
Mine is approx 20 Euro a month with no usage at 4.6 potencia .
​​​​​if yours is higher than 4.6 you can also change this easily online and submit your own readings .
The website is available in English . Just look at top right corner of page to change language.
The company name is now Energia XXI
Old May 13th 2021, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

To : Shirley / anthony Hide. You mentioned Endesa is now EnergiaXXI ? When were you informed of this? I ask because I have not accessed my endesa online account since about July 2020. The log in details are stored in my computer but when I tried earlier today for this thread my log in details did not match and I was refused access. I also tried the Energia website access with my old endesa log in details and that failed as well. I checked my log in details are correct, hence have you had to register for a new online access with Energia ? thanks... Keith
Old May 13th 2021, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
To : Shirley / anthony Hide. You mentioned Endesa is now EnergiaXXI ? When were you informed of this? I ask because I have not accessed my endesa online account since about July 2020. The log in details are stored in my computer but when I tried earlier today for this thread my log in details did not match and I was refused access. I also tried the Energia website access with my old endesa log in details and that failed as well. I checked my log in details are correct, hence have you had to register for a new online access with Energia ? thanks... Keith
I wasn't informed either .
I was looking at my Sabadell account to see what had been debited lately .
and downloading the DD for the electric I saw that the name mentioned in the debut slip was
changed to Energiaxxx where as before it always said Endesa
When I tried going online with the endesa website it didn't recognise my details.
So I went to EnergiaXXX site and it recognised my email but not P/W so I asked site to send me a link to change my P/W.
That done, I now go online thru EnergiaXXX log in.

Old May 15th 2021, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Maverick, Electricity bills have always been expensive imo and I cant say I have noticed any difference. They come every TWO months approx so I don't understand twice a month bills. Have you logged into your online account to check your bills / nil consumption ? One assumes the property IS unoccupied ?
For you to compare, my last five bills all nil usage. 20 Aug 20 - 42.22 euros. 2 Nov - 38.83 euros. 22 Dec - 41.47 euros. 18 Feb 2021 - 39.54. 27 Apr 21 - 42.23 euros.

I have a 4.6Kw potencia. A higher potencia will cost much more. I dropped mine down from 6.9 Kw that was original.
So a typical bill is....... Potencia ( standing charge) .... 34.68
Discount ????.............................4.16
Other ?????................................1.56
Taxes ..........................................6.74

When you think of the high percentage of coastal second homes in Spain, Endesa must be taking loads of money for very little effort. I did look into other suppliers but the effort involved to switch was a problem, plus the savings were minimal at the time. Hence, other than ensuring you have the minimum potencia you can get by with that's about all you can do. Personally, I think the water bills evry month are worse for nil usage, plus bank charges which with BBVA are rising to 160 euros per annum from 21st June. ( 40 a quarter) up from 60 every half year. Unless you are a resident with pension or salary these are impossible to avoid with a spanish bank. Hence we subsidise the residents !! Bills in Spain do seem to have become a rip off.
Hi Keith,
Looking at your electricity costs, we are paying double that, which I always thought was excessive, in particular when the place is empty. I suspect that we are on a higher potencia, I have read previously people talking about the potencia, now that I see what you pay, it confirms what I thought, that we are on a higher band. Is this easy enough to change, I presume from having an online account? I will need to wait until we are back out, hopefully next month to get my account details so that I can register online with them and hopefully manage to reduce the potencia.
Mary.
Old May 15th 2021, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
I wasn't informed either .
I was looking at my Sabadell account to see what had been debited lately .
and downloading the DD for the electric I saw that the name mentioned in the debut slip was
changed to Energiaxxx where as before it always said Endesa
When I tried going online with the endesa website it didn't recognise my details.
So I went to EnergiaXXX site and it recognised my email but not P/W so I asked site to send me a link to change my P/W.
That done, I now go online thru EnergiaXXX log in.
Hi Shirley/Anthony,
Is this a recent change to the company name? Our last bill, looking at the bank account was April, when it was still showing as Endesa.
Mary
Old May 15th 2021, 10:49 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola,
Although your usage may be low, you expect there to be loads of electricity when you want it, The electricity companies have to do maintenance all year so the standing charges reflect that.
Given the amount of holiday homes, the usage can easily double at popular times of the year and this causes a problem. To overcome this, and to ensure that full time residents are not subsidising those with holiday homes, the standing charges were raised and the usage price lowered some years ago.
We regularly have problems with transformers catching fire because of over usage; again, holiday homes are a part of the cause, illegal hook-ups being another part.

Davexf
Old May 15th 2021, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Hi Keith,
Looking at your electricity costs, we are paying double that, which I always thought was excessive, in particular when the place is empty. I suspect that we are on a higher potencia, I have read previously people talking about the potencia, now that I see what you pay, it confirms what I thought, that we are on a higher band. Is this easy enough to change, I presume from having an online account? I will need to wait until we are back out, hopefully next month to get my account details so that I can register online with them and hopefully manage to reduce the potencia.
Mary.
Hi Mary, Not sure if you can change the potencia online as I am having problems logging in atm, probably due to change to EnergiaXXI format. Our very helpful solicitor originally had the supply connected and prior to having an online account I think I got her to phone Endesa and downgrade it. I was able to subsequently change the tariff choice online though to the LUZ discounted one with reduced charges for electricity at off peak times. Hence I have the electric water heater connected to a plug in timer so that it heats up in off peak times. PS. Abogado is Anna Villamil at AA solicitors in the ugly tower block at Ayamonte. They still do our tax representation each year.
Old May 15th 2021, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Keith,
We also had our abogada set up all the utilities and direct debits for us, it was a good idea at the time. Now I am thinking we need to be more aware of what and who we are paying from now on, as well as trying to close our spanish bank account. I had a look on the Endesa website and can only see something saying <10kw or >10kw, not sure if I am looking at the correct information or not, hopefully get it sorted once I can get the account information from the bills.
Mary
Old May 15th 2021, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Hi Shirley/Anthony,
Is this a recent change to the company name? Our last bill, looking at the bank account was April, when it was still showing as Endesa.
Mary
Hi looking back on my bank account .
I see that the direct debit name was called Electricity Endesa Energia XXI until September 2019 when it changed to Electricity Energia XXI
I must admit I probably until a week or so ago tried to go online to the website in a long time because of in that period since only went out for 2 weeks in early 2020. And my bills have Ben consistent with not having any usage.
Old May 15th 2021, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Utility bills , especially Endesa

I see that the direct debit name was called Electricity Endesa Energia XXI until September 2019 when it changed to Electricity Energia XXI
I must admit I probably until a week or so ago tried to go online to the website in a long time because of in that period since only went out for 2 weeks in early 2020. And my bills have Ben consistent with not having any usage.
That seems a bit odd that our bills are saying different things. I would have expected them to be consistent but I guess it is Spain, lol.
Mary
Old May 15th 2021, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Found something online .
Endesa changed their brand name to Energia xxi
But it says that if you are in the open market the the name still says Endesa
but if in the regulated market your invoice will say Energia XXI
Not sure what the difference is between the two. But guess the open market is like in the UK where you can get dozens of different providers for your power but the lines the power come down are owned by someone else . Whereas the regulated market the same owner owns the whole process.
I may be wrong ( I usually am) but don't shoot me .
​​​​​​
Old May 15th 2021, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mary, Not sure if you can change the potencia online as I am having problems logging in atm, probably due to change to EnergiaXXI format. Our very helpful solicitor originally had the supply connected and prior to having an online account I think I got her to phone Endesa and downgrade it. I was able to subsequently change the tariff choice online though to the LUZ discounted one with reduced charges for electricity at off peak times. Hence I have the electric water heater connected to a plug in timer so that it heats up in off peak times. PS. Abogado is Anna Villamil at AA solicitors in the ugly tower block at Ayamonte. They still do our tax representation each year.
You can change your potentia online very easily.
The trick is getting online in the first place.!!
You can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.