Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain > The Ayamonte Club
Reload this Page >

Useful information thread

Useful information thread

Old Jan 11th 2019, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Useful information thread

Here is a farewell to Puerto Ancha from Clee & Fabio and HELLO to LPA in la Lota Plaza

”2019 has landed and has brought many new and exciting challenges.
We close our doors in the plaza de la laguna on January 20th and we will reopen the start of March in the plaza de la lota no. 10 with a new place more surprising and a lot of new dishes.
We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for continuous support, follow-up and kind words over the years. We both hope to open our new doors and share many new memories together in the coming years. Cliodhna and fabio

2019 has landed and brought lots of exciting new challenges.
We close our doors in plaza de la laguna on January 20th and we will re open the start of March in plaza de la lota no. 10 with a most amazing new premises and lots of new dishes.

We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the continuous support, following and kind words through the years. We both look forward to opening our new doors to you and sharing lots of new memories together in the coming years. Cliodhna and Fabio, Giorgia & Alexi

This completes the resurection of la Lota Plaza from the depths of the recession wow.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 7:13 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I found this amusing.

Without getting too 'religious' about this, here is a problem about Satan taking a selfie ... And enjoying it.... In Spain....
Jon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-46878941
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I got this clip in email today..

Packed with 'useful information' - so on topic....

I had a good giggle.... so if you have a few minutes free.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYE3GtXqDV0&feature=youtu.be

Jon
Old May 28th 2019, 12:28 pm
BE Positive

We saw the cruise ship eith cabins passing by so I thought Id check it out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...-de-cadix/amp/

Starts / ends in Seville all inclusive trips included good food....

I found 2 cruise companies by googling the name

Jon

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.orbitaltravel.co.uk/cruises/guadalquivir-cruises/ms-belle-de-cadix/&ved=2ahUKEwj37p7Yj77iAhVKEVAKHXZFDiYQFjABegQIARAB &usg=AOvVaw2Eg8IdAd9aHK2Zeus8vX3n

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.croisieuroperivercruises.com/destination/river-cruise-ships-guadalquivir-guadiana&ved=2ahUKEwj37p7Yj77iAhVKEVAKHXZFDiYQFjAC egQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3I9oMmwLoMY1pLbjWbEBE-

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 28th 2019 at 12:31 pm.
Old May 28th 2019, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond repute

I used to see La Belle de Cadix on the Guadiana from my old house. Awesome spectacle but seldom saw anyone on it.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 8:37 am
BE Positive

Many have heard that in WW2 there was an amazing military operation (Operation Mincemeat).

They took a dead body, in a submarine from Holy Loch, Scotland.

They created a false identify ( William Martin) and in his bag were private documents including a love letter to his fiance, Pam, amongst other things. This was to create a complete identity and persona. They dressed him as a Royal Marine.

Also in his bag were secret documents about the allied plans to invade the Balkans. All faked.

The Nazis fell for it and diverted forces there.

This lead to us invading and securing Scicily.

So why this post on the Ayamonte forum??

I just found out in a documentary, that the body washed up in..... The beach of.... Huelva!!

Very interesting

Jon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mincemeat

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 20th 2019 at 9:07 am.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

MEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really nice

That is so interesting Jon, I do love those type of snippets. Will I remember for the next quiz I go to ? Doubtful but you never know ! Thank you
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 9:56 am
BE Positive

Tomorrow's plans for Ayamontes opening of Las Angustias (translated with Google)

We can hear the music till early morning even from our place!

WednesdaySeptember 4, Lighting Lighting
20.00 hours.- Reception of the authorities of Villa Real de Santo Antonio to the authorities of Ayamonte and Bands of Music, parades through the city to the Municipal Chamber and return to the pier to Ayamonte.
9.00 pm.- Arrival by the Guadiana River of the authorities and Music Bands of SAMOUCO and MARÍA SANTÍSIMA DEL ROSARIO to the jetty, being received at the jetty by the city of Ayamonte.
21.10 hours.- Lifting the flags on the balcony of the Town Hall Building with interpretation of the anthems of Portugal, Andalusia, Spain and the pasodoble of Ayamonte.
9.30 pm.- Parade from the Town Hall to the fairground, accompanied by the music bands.
22.00 hours.- Fairground. Lighting the lighting of the Fiestas and opening of the booths.
23.00 hours.- Municipal booth. Popular Verbena by the “Show Dance” Orchestra.
23.00 hours.- Fairground. Opening of the Young Zone.
Old Sep 18th 2020, 7:57 am
BE Positive

Spanish news in English.

Sad to hear that the West Nile virus was in Seville and now also in Cadiz.

But a good source of national info

https://english.elpais.com/news/spanish_news/

And PT/Algarve news here...

https://www.portugalresident.com/algarve-news/

Jon