Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain > The Ayamonte Club
Reload this Page >

Useful information thread

Useful information thread

Old Aug 9th 2017, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

lizzybuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Useful information thread

Very useful indeed .A little confused I was about to book.Are there two Faro's in Portugal or two faro airports? Sorry to steal so much of you experience I like to think it will help someone else too
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzybuzzy View Post
Very useful indeed .A little confused I was about to book.Are there two Faro's in Portugal or two faro airports? Sorry to steal so much of you experience I like to think it will help someone else too
There is only one Faro airport in Portugal (AFAIK) - the differences in the timetable is between Faro airport and Faro city centro (bus station).
Note: unusually there is not a airport shuttle bus into Faro centro but there is a regular bus service.

The page you will find most useful is:
Travel options between the Algarve and Spain by bus or train

Last edited by MikeJ; Aug 9th 2017 at 6:11 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
There is only one Faro airport in Portugal (AFAIK) - the differences in the timetable is between Faro airport and Faro city centro (bus station).
Note: unusually there is not a airport shuttle bus into Faro centro but there is a regular bus service.

The page you will find most useful is:
Travel options between the Algarve and Spain by bus or train
I cant thank you enough .Now to book !
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I cant thank you enough .Now to book !
If you want to go by airport transfer then this looks like a good option. Have often seen the Hoppa buses buzzing around:

https://www.hoppa.com/en/search-results
Old Aug 10th 2017, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

There is also 1 called green bus
Old Aug 13th 2017, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Booked flights to Ayamonte with great assistance from this forum .Thank you we are looking forward to September .I have a follow up question I am going to try and find a small place to buy for holidays maybe to retire one day? I have pisos and Idealista and wondered if there are any ex pats who may have a selling web site for owners?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Booked flights to Ayamonte with great assistance from this forum .Thank you we are looking forward to September .I have a follow up question I am going to try and find a small place to buy for holidays maybe to retire one day? I have pisos and Idealista and wondered if there are any ex pats who may have a selling web site for owners?

Have look at Homes and Fincas site. They are one of the bigger agents in Ayamonte
Old Aug 15th 2017, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi lizzybuzzy, I have sent you a private message, regards Bryony.
Old Sep 16th 2017, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Anne L is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jur View Post
Local English paper: Hosted By One.com | Webhosting made simple

Spanish courses: Academia Delta, Ayamonte.

The weather: http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=1151

T-bag: www.band-for-rent.com

Apartments: www.playasdelaluz.com

The Mosaiclady: www.mosaicshop.es

Bicycle rent (Islantilla): www.islantillabikes.com

Car boot sale: Monthly at the Ayamonte Tennis club

Market: Every Saturday morning behind the Ayamonte Bus station
Could you please tell me what time/ day/ date in the month is the car boot sale is? Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2017, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that thread by Jur is really old and out of date. There is no boot sale anymore and most of the other info is no longer correct.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Anne L is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench View Post
Sorry that thread by Jur is really old and out of date. There is no boot sale anymore and most of the other info is no longer correct.
Thanks for getting back to me on that 😀
Old Sep 26th 2017, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Prideaux is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,

Haven't been to Isla Canela for some years and considering a visit in November. Am I correct that the daytime weather should still be pleasant ? Is the resort still relatively quiet , but with enough bars /restaurants to get by ? Thanks .
Old Sep 26th 2017, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Prideaux View Post
Hi ,

Haven't been to Isla Canela for some years and considering a visit in November. Am I correct that the daytime weather should still be pleasant ? Is the resort still relatively quiet , but with enough bars /restaurants to get by ? Thanks .
The weather should be ok.

It could be quiet on the bar front though. Sugar reef would be open and Sonrisa. A lot depends if the hotels stay open
Old Sep 26th 2017, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Prideaux is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:03 pm
Where does the time go?

XFILES is an unknown quantity at this point

The town is open 52 weeks a year mind, numerous choice of restaurants there, also other beach bars like Playa Alta, Bombadil, Cabras.
Hotels will be shut probably, like the last few years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.