Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain > The Ayamonte Club
Reload this Page >

Useful information thread

Useful information thread

Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:25 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Useful information thread

Originally Posted by MikeCol View Post
Hi John, thanks for the info. We have been receiving the Portugal News in our FB news feed for quite a while now & it helps keep us up to date, you can also get the East Algarve Magazine. I think you would be surprised, if you decided to open a FB account yourself, at the number of your friends, favourite restaurants any many other things of interest to you that are on the site. As you say all you have to do it type something in the search box, regards Bryony
Hi Bryony,

We had a discussion at last weeks Monday Club and I am clearly in the minority thats true. And its fair to say FB-ers are delighted with it. I was very late in getting a smart phone as well, but on a business programme just a couple of days ago, I heard that 80% of the over 50's now have them, opening up new business opportunities in this demographic.

I'm slowly getting there, dragging and screaming perhaps

I once had to open a FB account for some important information that was only posted there. I did that anonymously. Then a while back I used it when you kindly mentioned the 19h menu was there. First time in years (and I don't know my login details, without searching for them.) I also changed my anonymous FB name to something still a bit anonymous, but recognisable to some.

Soon after, I saw an email from FB with you as a possible friend. I would be delighted to be that if I used FB, but it peeved me that the system could make that connection somehow. The mail wasn't a direct request from you, but system generated, with some other people that I don't know (unlike you). For FB I dont use my usual email address, so it couldn't make the link through our address books.

I guessed that FB recorded all people that looked at the 19H page, but if that was the case,I would know more of the FB recommended people.

A bit 'big brother' for me. But perhaps I have to accept that my privacy is non-existent these days..... And once accepted of this ......the old adage may hold....... 'if you can't beat them..... Etc'. That will still take a bit of time.

Fortunately you and I have several ways of staying in contact.

Thanks
Jon

PS if anyone has found me there and are peeved I haven't 'friended' you, its only because I don't do FB... Nothing else even vaguely sinister, just my intransigence... and the fact I rarely if ever read the emails in this other account registered with FB. The little I know of FB tells me there is some 'etiquette' re friends and using FB, that I have no idea of.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 26th 2016 at 9:33 am.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

P.S even dear Luis (who we miss a lot) has a FB page 😊
Old Jul 4th 2017, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

steph will become famous soon enough
Default La Jara

Can anyone help me I am looking for the Bank account of fadesa that I paid my deposits to for the town house on La Jara . Does anyone still have details of transfer etc I would be most grateful. please PM me thanks
Old Jul 4th 2017, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: la Jara

Sorry forgot to mention the account has to be from about 2005 or 2006
Old Jul 4th 2017, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: la Jara

Originally Posted by steph View Post
Sorry forgot to mention the account has to be from about 2005 or 2006
That was about the time we made a Series of payments to Fadesa, unfortunately I will not be able to access the details until September if that is any good to you post again.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Yes Please John I just need to find the bank details, thanks so much for replying.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

lizzybuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Best way to travel to Ayamonte from UK? Is it better to get a flight and bus from Faro? Thank you?
Old Aug 9th 2017, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough

Depends where you're flying from.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Any London but likely to be stansted
Old Aug 9th 2017, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough

For me Ryanair, Stansted to Seville, is my personal choice. Good daytime flights, no early mornings no late nights. Your issue would be getting to and from Seville. There's a bus to Santa Justa train station. You can take the train to Huelva but then it's bus from Huelva to Ayamonte.

Or hire a car.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Luz.
The Faro route looks a lot closer and half the price I wonder if anyone here has used Faro?
I agree flights have civilised times to Seville ?
Old Aug 9th 2017, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Faro is good too. Lots of people get the train from Faro to Vila Real.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have flown Stansted/Faro by Ryanair a number of times but Easyjet Luton/Faro more often. Also tried Stansted/Seville Ryanair once (and never again!). I understand that Easyjet has started a Seville service.

Faro to Ayamonte: there is a bus but it is a bit infrequent. There are private hire coaches used by the hotels which you can use. Of course, there is a train which goes to Villa Real on the border - then you can take a short ferry across to Ayamonte. A private taxi will cost around 60€ - not sure what a seat in a 'hotel' bus would cost.

The same public bus (going the other way) does actually run from Seville bus station and along the Algarve coast stopping at Ayamonte and Faro. You can get from the airport to the bus station and so you can get to Ayamonte fairly easily (if a bit lengthy) from either Faro or Seville.

Faro to Ayamonte by car from Faro = 45mins, from Seville airport = 90mins approx.

So it looks like your decision will probably be based on the convenience and cost of the air sector.

BTW my Seville horror story was not really Seville's fault. Our inbound flight was delayed past 23:30 and by the time we got through immigration the car hire co had closed and we had to wait until 08:00 to collect our hire car. Seville airport is not a place for an overnight stay!
Old Aug 9th 2017, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mike. Thank you so much you have confirmed my thoughts .I will go Via Faro this time and see how I get on. I have family with young children following a week later.So I can give them first hand advice .Once again thank you
Old Aug 9th 2017, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzybuzzy View Post
Hi Mike. Thank you so much you have confirmed my thoughts .I will go Via Faro this time and see how I get on. I have family with young children following a week later.So I can give them first hand advice .Once again thank you
You might find the following link helpful:

Bus and train timetables for the Algarve - an unofficlal� website - HOME PAGE

Be aware that times can be a bit +/- and of course the hour difference between PT and ES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.