Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Train from Huelva to Madrid queries

Train from Huelva to Madrid queries

Old Apr 15th 2016, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough
Question Train from Huelva to Madrid queries

Hi, we need to drive from CE to Huelva Station for a day-trip to Madrid. (Leaving 8.00 a.m., arriving back about 11.00 pm)

Does anyone know if we need to pre-book the seat tickets or can we just turn up and purchase them at the ticket office?

Also, any information about the parking situation would be appreciated:

For instance: Is there plenty of space? Would we need to pre-book? Any idea of the cost for parking all day? Pay by cash, and/or card?

Sorry for all the questions, but we've not used the trains before and don't want to be caught out on the day.

Many thanks for any information that may be forthcoming.

Sue and Barry
Old Apr 16th 2016, 7:18 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Train from Huelva to Madrid queries

It is best to buy online, look at this site here. Make sure you print off the ticket and not just the confirmation e-mail.
Renfe
There is a car park very close to the station, it's not cheap but you can pay in cash or with card.
Regards
MichaelH

Last edited by Michaelh; Apr 16th 2016 at 7:47 am.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelh
It is best to buy online, look at this site here. Make sure you print off the ticket and not just the confirmation e-mail.
Renfe
There is a car park very close to the station, it's not cheap but you can pay in cash or with car.
Regards
MichaelH
Now that IS expensive
Old Apr 16th 2016, 7:47 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Now that IS expensive
Depends on the car
Old Apr 16th 2016, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Sue and Barry will become famous soon enoughSue and Barry will become famous soon enough

Renfe
There is a car park very close to the station, it's not cheap but you can pay in cash or with card.
Regards
MichaelH
Thank you very much for that information - very useful

Sue
Old Apr 16th 2016, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ramon is an unknown quantity at this point

Book and buy thats for sure.
Parking good, and cheap, and also close...difficult to explain here. Otherwise very impossible. PM me and I give u my phone number so I can explain.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Renfe
Regards
MichaelH
Hi MicaelH - I have been looking at the website and wondered if you could tell me which option I should choose for the type of ticket? We will both be 64 at the time of travel, but the options given are: 'RENFE JOVEN 50' which I assume means 'under 50'? and RENFE Tarjeta Dorada' which appears to mean RENFE Senior Card. Do you know if we would qualify for the Senior Card, and can this be bought on-line, or does it just mean it's an ordinary ticket for people of a certain age? Sorry if this sounds confusing, but I am confused!!

Many thanks
Sue
Old Apr 24th 2016, 4:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry
Hi MicaelH - I have been looking at the website and wondered if you could tell me which option I should choose for the type of ticket? We will both be 64 at the time of travel, but the options given are: 'RENFE JOVEN 50' which I assume means 'under 50'? and RENFE Tarjeta Dorada' which appears to mean RENFE Senior Card. Do you know if we would qualify for the Senior Card, and can this be bought on-line, or does it just mean it's an ordinary ticket for people of a certain age? Sorry if this sounds confusing, but I am confused!!

Many thanks
Sue
Tarjeta Dorado is for over 60´s. You buy it at the railway station for 6 or 7 euros. When you buy it for the first time they need to see proof of age but after that when you renew it they just use your old card for the details. This ticket gives good discounts on fares so it is well worth getting it.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 24th 2016 at 4:27 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 4:51 pm
Luz Living

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry

Many thanks
Sue
Like Rosemary said the Tarjeta Dorada is for over 60's and you can get it at the station for 6 euros and with it you can travel with discounts Monday to Thursday. Joven 50 is for 14- 26 year olds. The longfer you leave it to book the higher the price will be so don't leav it too long or you will pay top dollar.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Like Rosemary said the Tarjeta Dorada is for over 60's and you can get it at the station for 6 euros and with it you can travel with discounts Monday to Thursday. Joven 50 is for 14- 26 year olds. The longer you leave it to book the higher the price will be so don't leave it too long or you will pay top dollar.
Thank you very much MichaelH and Rosemary - that is very helpful. I guess we would need to buy the senior rail card in person at Huelva station, before buying the tickets on-line? This would mean an extra trip to the station from C.E. Do you know if we can book tickets on-line without ticking either of the boxes, as neither of them apply at the moment? Or would it be practicable to buy the senior rail card and the tickets at the station ticket office on the day of travel?

Unfortunately, as you say, these last two options mean we would be paying the highest rate. Time to make a decision me thinks!
Old Apr 24th 2016, 8:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know you can only buy the gold card at the railway station. It gives you huge discount so well worth the effort of getting it. If neither of the tickets apply then of course you can book on line without them or loads of people would not be able to. As soon as you buy the card you can buy a ticket at a discount but as you said waiting until the day could cost you more than if you buy it in advance.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2016, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for the quick reply - very helpful
Old Apr 25th 2016, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ramon
Book and buy thats for sure.
Parking good, and cheap, and also close...difficult to explain here. Otherwise very impossible. PM me and I give u my phone number so I can explain.
Thank you :-)