Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

For those thinking of Buying or Selling on Costa Esuri

For those thinking of Buying or Selling on Costa Esuri

Old Jan 26th 2021, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default For those thinking of Buying or Selling on Costa Esuri

Today I have heard of a house purchase being delayed and possibly falling thu on Costa Esuri because the British purchaser didn't have the required military permit/authorisation.

I am not that surprised.

On the 22nd Jan the FCO somewhat belatedly updated their advice about buying close to military bases and provided a link to the 1975 Law. They fail to mention in 1978 a law was enacted to include the Portuguese border amoungst others.

There are various opinions and advice coming out of areas heavily populated by Brits ranging from it only applies to rural land to it doesn't apply to consolidated urbanisations.

Who knows but a quick skim though the 1975 and 1978 law suggests to me it does and some if not all of Costa Esuri is caught by it.

It is also quite possible a bilateral agreement will be agreed in due course but in the meantime I would suggest buyers and sellers on CE factor it in.

Scare stories are it can take a year to obtain permission. I have seen the average quoted at 3 months.

I post below what my understanding is of what is required.

Best
Loco Criminal record certificate covering at least the last 5 years for all those who wish to be on the deed(obtained in their country of origin, legalized and translated by an OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR)

– Photocopy of passports NIE and residence cards if they have them translated by an OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR if applicable.

– Plans in different scales.

- Application filled in with all details of the applicants and the property, cadastral reference number, registration details, etc...

Old Jan 27th 2021, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those thinking of Buying or Selling on Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by Loco
Today I have heard of a house purchase being delayed and possibly falling thu on Costa Esuri because the British purchaser didn't have the required military permit/authorisation.

I am not that surprised.

On the 22nd Jan the FCO somewhat belatedly updated their advice about buying close to military bases and provided a link to the 1975 Law. They fail to mention in 1978 a law was enacted to include the Portuguese border amoungst others.

There are various opinions and advice coming out of areas heavily populated by Brits ranging from it only applies to rural land to it doesn't apply to consolidated urbanisations.

Who knows but a quick skim though the 1975 and 1978 law suggests to me it does and some if not all of Costa Esuri is caught by it.

It is also quite possible a bilateral agreement will be agreed in due course but in the meantime I would suggest buyers and sellers on CE factor it in.

Scare stories are it can take a year to obtain permission. I have seen the average quoted at 3 months.

I post below what my understanding is of what is required.

Best
Loco Criminal record certificate covering at least the last 5 years for all those who wish to be on the deed(obtained in their country of origin, legalized and translated by an OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR)

– Photocopy of passports NIE and residence cards if they have them translated by an OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR if applicable.

– Plans in different scales.

- Application filled in with all details of the applicants and the property, cadastral reference number, registration details, etc...
This must be a fake news wind up!
Old Jan 27th 2021, 6:27 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

No it is not "Fake News" but scaremongering based on fact. In reality, my solicitor (JA at Temple Cambria in Conil) has been dealing with this for American & Canadian purchasers. Now the UK is a "third country" then the same rules apply but normally JA reckons it delays the purchase by two months

Dave Fisher
President
Chiclana Foreign Residents Association
Old Jan 27th 2021, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

More info here

https://english.elpais.com/brexit/20...o-britons.html
Old Jan 27th 2021, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I are Swiss citizens and bought in CE 2 years ago. We felt under the same law or rule requiring military permission. Not much of a big deal. You have to get your entire Password copied and have it legalised by Apostille. You also need a certificate of clean criminal records. We send those to our lawyer who took it to the military office in Sevilla. Two weeks later , it was approved.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
This must be a fake news wind up!
Defiantly not fake news, we are currently going through the Military Clearance protocol now.

As of the 1st January 2021, it’s implemented on all uk purchases, as we are no longer in the EU.

Another hurdle to jump, but shouldn’t stop the purchase going through if everything stacks up.

Ken.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Defiantly not fake news, we are currently going through the Military Clearance protocol now.

As of the 1st January 2021, it’s implemented on all uk purchases, as we are no longer in the EU.

Another hurdle to jump, but shouldn’t stop the purchase going through if everything stacks up.

Ken.
Defiantly how far back from the border at the center of the river does this requirement extend?
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 4:58 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Defiantly how far back from the border at the center of the river does this requirement extend?
'Definitely' worth checking out, and to be aware of. Thanks to Loco for the OP. I had no idea of this.

Based on Loco's long history on the forum, I always take note of his advice/, feedback and extensive local knowledge - on both sides of the border.

Jon
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Kayann is an unknown quantity at this point

Last Saturday’s Eye on Spain digest dealt with this in detail. If you are unfamiliar with this publication it is a weekly newsletter covering a wide variety of subjects.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kayann
Last Saturday’s Eye on Spain digest dealt with this in detail. If you are unfamiliar with this publication it is a weekly newsletter covering a wide variety of subjects.
Do you have a link to the article?
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

I get it at eyeonspain.com. The article was item six in last week’s edition. You can get back-editions in the archive section.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kayann
I get it at eyeonspain.com. The article was item six in last week’s edition. You can get back-editions in the archive section.
Found this on the blogpost 26th jan but it seems to say it would not apply to Esuri since the urbanisation was approved after 1978 which appears to be the key date. Shame it does not clarify the state boundary issue which must apply to some parts of Esuri but how much?
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

I think it says a permit is NOT required for urban land if it was already urban land before the regulation came into force in 1978. Seems surprising it was not an issue when the area was first developed, although at that point would only have affected purchasers who were non EU / EEA.