Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Summer 2018 - Marina etc

Summer 2018 - Marina etc

Old Jun 13th 2018, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Alylovestoholiday is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Summer 2018 - Marina etc

We are returning end of July and I was wondering if there had been any changes at the Marina, Cyndis been taken over yet?
Also is the bike store on the roundabout there this year?

Thanks
Alyson
Old Jun 16th 2018, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Summer 2018 - Marina etc

Originally Posted by Alylovestoholiday
We are returning end of July and I was wondering if there had been any changes at the Marina, Cyndis been taken over yet?
Also is the bike store on the roundabout there this year?

Thanks
Alyson
Hi Alyson
Sorry to say neither were open @ Easter & it didn't look likely to happen
If you are looking for bike hire opposite Marina 11 was open for business ,my B.H . has had some repairs to hers done their.
The Paradise beach Bar is well worth a visit & is very popular
Only bit of juicy gossip is that Abrahams has taken over The Outback & would like to open it as some sort of night club ?? , can't see him getting permission , but who knows out there
Regards
Chris
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the update. Shame no one has taken over the space of Cyndis. I used to love the comfy seats there. I hope we don’t get a disco bar just another bar like cinimon would be nice, drinks and comfy seats haha!
Old Jun 17th 2018, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, Sugar Reef is still there & is outliving all they rest. They are next door to, what was, Cyndi's & have comfy chairs & drinks. Regards Bryony
Old Jun 17th 2018, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Thanks for the update. Shame no one has taken over the space of Cyndis. I used to love the comfy seats there. I hope we don’t get a disco bar just another bar like cinimon would be nice, drinks and comfy seats haha!
Hi
On paper it shouldn't happen , it goes against nearly every local law & I gather the local residents are against it ,but lets wait & see ?
Here's some info you may not know about
La Bocana has taken over the pizza restaurant & extended round making it quite a large restaurant now
Nolan's Bar is now a daytime Kinder-garden
Dante's now do Tapas & next door there is now a small Pizza Restaurant
There is another large development being built neat the sea front about half way between Punta De Moral & Isla Canela
Old Jun 17th 2018, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

I agree.

yeh we saw all of those last year, great that la bocana have more seats.

We cant wait to return, it’s our happy place.

Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

csrich is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a new cafe/bar open at the old cyndi's bar. The new place is called Mambo. Yesterday afternoon it was very busy whilst all the other establishments were close to empty. It appears to do a very limited menu of snacks as it is a drinking venue. They have dart boards, tv, possibly live music and hubble bubble pipes. At the time of passing the age group using the bar appeared to be under 30.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

fantastic, let’s hope they have inherited the comfy seats haha!

Thanks
Alyson
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csrich
There is a new cafe/bar open at the old cyndi's bar. The new place is called Mambo. Yesterday afternoon it was very busy whilst all the other establishments were close to empty. It appears to do a very limited menu of snacks as it is a drinking venue. They have dart boards, tv, possibly live music and hubble bubble pipes. At the time of passing the age group using the bar appeared to be under 30.
Hi
That's good news
so it looks like the marina could be fully occupied this season
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
That's good news
so it looks like the marina could be fully occupied this season

It is, been a long time since that was the case!

Old Jun 17th 2018, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, Sugar Reef is still there & is outliving all they rest. They are next door to, what was, Cyndi's & have comfy chairs & drinks. Regards Bryony
oh yes we always try out sugar reefs seats 😂
Old Jun 18th 2018, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

You can rent bikes with Guillecar. They are opposite the bus station and work with various hotels in Isda Canela/Punta del Moral.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
You can rent bikes with Guillecar. They are opposite the bus station and work with various hotels in Isda Canela/Punta del Moral.

We are hiring a car with them this year, delivering it to us at the Melia (we will just walk down from our apartment). Is there a way of hiring them without going into town though and get them at the hotels instead?
Old Jun 19th 2018, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

I think so but it is better to check with them.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi
It appears the Outback has reopened the interior has been changed entirely
There are seats outside again overlooking the Marina ,my B.H. didn't have a drink in there so can't comment on the atmosphere or entertainment

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.