Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Stopping The Electric Tripping

Stopping The Electric Tripping

Old Dec 31st 2017, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Saycheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stopping The Electric Tripping

I know there is a very simple solution other than never turning the kettle on when the washing machine is on BUT how do you stop the electric from tripping. From memory, someone said you get endessa to upgrade your fuse? How do you do that?
Old Dec 31st 2017, 8:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stopping The Electric Tripping

Originally Posted by Saycheese
I know there is a very simple solution other than never turning the kettle on when the washing machine is on BUT how do you stop the electric from tripping. From memory, someone said you get endessa to upgrade your fuse? How do you do that?
You need to get the supply upgraded, most domestic supplies are 3.3kw and in a modern world that will often be too small, contacting your supplier is the way to go.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Saycheese is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mike. I am sure it is easy to do maybe I can sort getting an appointment online. Maybe not lol I have left it for 13 years and but finally had enough now. Cant have more than a few things on at once. Its mad!!
Old Dec 31st 2017, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I did have 6.9 Kw but the standing charges were quite high especially for holiday home use, hence I reduced my supply down to the next level ( as recommended by gesprosur some time ago), I think it is still more than the 3.3 you quoted though. You might want to check the standing charges before going crazy with it.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Hi
I think you will find your main breaker/trip is rated @ 16 Amp 3.3kw the next size will be a 32 Amp breaker which I believe they rate @ 4.4kw ,as Keith mentioned the standing charge increases so I personally wouldn't apply for anything higher
That should be OK for all the usual appliances
Happy new year
Chris
Old Dec 31st 2017, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi, I did have 6.9 Kw but the standing charges were quite high especially for holiday home use, hence I reduced my supply down to the next level ( as recommended by gesprosur some time ago), I think it is still more than the 3.3 you quoted though. You might want to check the standing charges before going crazy with it.
Mine is 5.75kw in Oliva. I would have thought that was available where you are. Mine does trip occasionally in winter, usually when the kettle and iron get used together by mistake.. Once you get used to the load it's manageable.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

i got 40 Amps (9.2Kw) main trip and never have a problem even in winter with 4 electric heaters, hot water boiler, induction hob, dishwasher, washing machine, kettle & oven. sure most of them are not on at the same time but can't be bothered with a tripping main fuse. btw; our electrical appliances are between A+ and A+++

next project solar

Last edited by bitmanev; Dec 31st 2017 at 9:40 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 3 bed apartment on Esuri. I had my Potencia reduced from 5.4 to 4.5.

ADA are our admin company Ana altered it online with Endesa

Speak to you administrators maybe they will do it for you

A friend was cooking Xmas dinner for 12 of us, needless to say it took along while due to the switch tripping out all the time