Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Scorchio temperatures in Ayamonte ????

Scorchio temperatures in Ayamonte ????

Old Jun 29th 2019, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scorchio temperatures in Ayamonte ????

Okay,so we have seen 45 degrees in the Massif Central yesterday, which leads me to think the Algarve must be seriously hot. However, Accuweather would suggest it is barely over 30 degs. I'm due back out in a couple of weeks. What are the real life temperatures like right now ??

Thanks.....Keith
Old Jun 29th 2019, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scorchio temperatures in Ayamonte ????

It has reached 30c for last few days, about 26c now.
Old Jun 29th 2019, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Very pleasant temperatures at the moment. We seem to be missing the heatwave 🤞and I understand we are about the same as the UK today although it should get cooler there from tomorrow. Mid to late 20s pushing early 30s. As someone said to me yesterday; it's hotter in the north of Spain at the moment than in the south.
Old Jun 30th 2019, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great, that sounds ideal for us. We were getting worried as I remember having a weekend at Silves a couple of years ago and it touched 42. Nice place to visit but we were melting. Looking forward to some nice portuguese fish and a lazy few weeks coming up.. Thanks all.... keith
Old Apr 18th 2020, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Anybody else see the sun halo over Ayamonte yesterday afternoon, beautiful and quite rare I believe.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 10:14 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Great, that sounds ideal for us. We were getting worried as I remember having a weekend at Silves a couple of years ago and it touched 42. Nice place to visit but we were melting. Looking forward to some nice portuguese fish and a lazy few weeks coming up.. Thanks all.... keith
​​​​​​Looks like the huge storms of last week have gone ...leaving a beautiful place to return to! Aaaah can't wait!

But Keith I thought you had cancelled your trip, you mentioned that on another thread? Have you heard anything about the borders opening? Of course both borders need to be open to allow us to leave and then return for any travel! More if we are coming in from abroad, and then flitting between ES-PT. Also are there going to be flights!?

In Belgium there is talk of border crossing of non crucial traffic maybe halted for weeks after any lockdown is slowly removed in stages.

Freight is 'crucial'... But tourism .. or therefore travel to second homes abroad will be amongst the last to end (apparently...it's still in discussion)

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 18th 2020 at 10:18 am.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jon, Keith's post that you have replied to is dated June 2019, oops 😊
Old Apr 18th 2020, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Jon, border closed until 15th of May at least.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 1:02 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, Keith's post that you have replied to is dated June 2019, oops 😊
Gosh!! Keith's post appeared at the top of the list, and I didn't look at the date. Oops!! Sorry

Or simply a case of wishful thinking, when stir crazy!! (Far too 'wishful'... Eg Keith's wish to eat nice fish in Portugal.. what a dream!!! A hundred places to do that, but maybe the Resto in Altura a few streets north of A Chamine yum!)

​​​​​​Thanks Margaret and Derek for the dates, and also for mentioning the halo, if anyone took a photo, please share, I'd love to see it.

Time to go back on the couch and dream of having a drink in the sun, with friends....at a..... Kiosko, Pl Leon Ortega, Pl Laguna, the 'bordello' MF, with a BBQ sarnie at the monthly CM market.... Anywhere!!!

Jon

Old Apr 19th 2020, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jon, as you later noticed I was referring to the temperatures in the massif central last year. I can't see us getting out before September 20 and that's assuming we don't get another re-infection after the UK re-opens for business in perhaps late May ? Then I need Ryanair to be flying from Bournemouth to Faro, and after all that we have to hope that both SP & PT have not had a re-infection. It's not looking good at the moment. I really must contact Priinet to get my internet reduced. On the other hand it's crystal clear blue skies in my garden today and the UK Aldi own brand Greysons Gin is very tasty and only £14 a litre. I joking said to my wife I could do with a dip in the pool right now. ( we don't have one). So whilst under lockdown and blue skies the alcohol consumption is rising dramatically. You can't win them all !!
Old Apr 19th 2020, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road

Hi , We had the same thoughts with Priinet but after contacting them we were told we didn’t have any suspension or reduction clauses in our contract . Having paying the monthly fee for several years and only using as a holiday home we were disappointed at their response , continue to pay or if cancelling they would remove the equipment . With the ongoing uncertainty we decided to cancel.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David and Margaret
Hi , We had the same thoughts with Priinet but after contacting them we were told we didn’t have any suspension or reduction clauses in our contract . Having paying the monthly fee for several years and only using as a holiday home we were disappointed at their response , continue to pay or if cancelling they would remove the equipment . With the ongoing uncertainty we decided to cancel.
Ahh, Are you on the 15 euros a month deal ? I am , but I only managed to do the standby reduction to 8 euros once but subsequently told no longer possible on that tariff. My uncle has the 20 euros but has shut his down to standby at 8 euros. I'll probably cancel as well if that's the case. They can't remove the equipment because they have no access.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 5:46 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi Jon, as you later noticed I was referring to the temperatures in the massif central last year. I can't see us getting out before September 20 and that's assuming we don't get another re-infection after the UK re-opens for business in perhaps late May ? Then I need Ryanair to be flying from Bournemouth to Faro, and after all that we have to hope that both SP & PT have not had a re-infection. It's not looking good at the moment. I really must contact Priinet to get my internet reduced. On the other hand it's crystal clear blue skies in my garden today and the UK Aldi own brand Greysons Gin is very tasty and only £14 a litre. I joking said to my wife I could do with a dip in the pool right now. ( we don't have one). So whilst under lockdown and blue skies the alcohol consumption is rising dramatically. You can't win them all !!
Hi Keith
I had a brain freeze, it's that old saying updated to the 21st century "engage your brain before putting your typing finger into gear" Even though it appeared at the top of the list - no way could anyone travel so soon. Pure 'lockdown wishful thinking' overriding common sense!

Here in Brussels we have a supermarket close by, and looking out of the window, we can see a nearby bottle bank inset into the ground. It is emptied almost daily and always full and overflowing onto the sides a day after. We've never seen that before. In the 'big city' it's really quiet now in lockdown, but most days we now hear the noise of them emptied - previously we think it was emptied 2x /week.

Aldi UK have some amazing booze deals, the previous gin 'Oliver Cromwell' was an award winning gin beating big marques . Likewise their Champagne in blind testing from pros, like Jilly Cooper it beat marques like Laurent Perrier. I think around a tenner - £12 for each. Looks like the new gin is a winner too.

Re Priinet we pay €25/month but reduced to €7.01 for every full month starting from the 5th when away. I make sure to contact them before/after and also send reminder mails to ensure 'compliance'. I've had a few problems before, not many, but after emails these have been resolved. I need to double check that we are now back on the low rate, so this is a good reminder - thanks.

I wonder in lockdown, if you cancel, how easily can one get a replacement service? I'm guessing even out of lockdown it takes a bit of time to setup.

Anyway Cheers!
Jon
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/gin-cheap-aldi-price-best-alcohol-spirits-james-cromwell-a8296866.html%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.delish.com/uk/cocktails-drinks/amp30055203/aldi-champagne-veuve-monsigny-as-good-as-laurent-perrier-champagne-awards/

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 20th 2020 at 6:02 am.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road

We were always on the 20 euros per month since installation over 5years ago . Never previously sought to amend it as tried to visit every other month. To be fair they did say they could only remove the equipment after the restrictions were lifted. We thought they would actually be supportive knowing travel lock down , we were actually due to fly out today for a months stay.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Keith
I had a brain freeze, it's that old saying updated to the 21st century "engage your brain before putting your typing finger into gear" Even though it appeared at the top of the list - no way could anyone travel so soon. Pure 'lockdown wishful thinking' overriding common sense!

Here in Brussels we have a supermarket close by, and looking out of the window, we can see a nearby bottle bank inset into the ground. It is emptied almost daily and always full and overflowing onto the sides a day after. We've never seen that before. In the 'big city' it's really quiet now in lockdown, but most days we now hear the noise of them emptied - previously we think it was emptied 2x /week.

Aldi UK have some amazing booze deals, the previous gin 'Oliver Cromwell' was an award winning gin beating big marques . Likewise their Champagne in blind testing from pros, like Jilly Cooper it beat marques like Laurent Perrier. I think around a tenner - £12 for each. Looks like the new gin is a winner too.

Re Priinet we pay €25/month but reduced to €7.01 for every full month starting from the 5th when away. I make sure to contact them before/after and also send reminder mails to ensure 'compliance'. I've had a few problems before, not many, but after emails these have been resolved. I need to double check that we are now back on the low rate, so this is a good reminder - thanks.

I wonder in lockdown, if you cancel, how easily can one get a replacement service? I'm guessing even out of lockdown it takes a bit of time to setup.

Anyway Cheers!
Jon
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...866.html%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.del...mpagne-awards/
I would not cancel at the moment. We have some friends in ME at the moment who have been trapped by the lockdown (not that they are too concerned) , they decided they would like WiFi and contacted Priinet. There was a lot of head scratching and Jorge explained that they were short of kit and bandwidth so they probably wouldn't be able to connect them. Long story short but after a lot of pleading and begging they have now got WiFi - I suspect it was only possible because of the few numbers of visitors. Anyway, Priinet are pushing fibre optic at the moment. A neighbour in M7 is getting connected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.