British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Sale of hotel & golf courses (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/sale-hotel-golf-courses-906106/)

tessy20 Jan 29th 2018 4:32 pm

Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Hi
I must have missed the news on the Thai restaurant. Can someone confirm where it is going to be in CE.
Thanks

neil77 Jan 29th 2018 4:34 pm

go past the shop to the end of the road, turn right, first left then I think first right and its on you left on the bend up on the bank. I heard its opening in June. Be a nice contrast

EsuriJohn Jan 29th 2018 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by tessy20 (Post 12429902)
Hi
I must have missed the news on the Thai restaurant. Can someone confirm where it is going to be in CE.
Thanks

I was careful not to describe it as a Thai restaurant it will serve a whole range of dishes. It is on the hill on the way up to Las Colinas.

tessy20 Jan 29th 2018 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by neil77 (Post 12429906)
go past the shop to the end of the road, turn right, first left then I think first right and its on you left on the bend up on the bank. I heard its opening in June. Be a nice contrast

Great thank you.

Michaelh Jan 29th 2018 8:09 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Esuri Golf course last weekend

keithBT Jan 30th 2018 12:57 pm

Any new resto, Thai or otherwise would be a huge welcome. Regarding the building - are we talking about the derelict half finished building overlooking the golf course? As you go up the hill there is a cul-de-sac on the left with the building at the end. As I recall it it has a a kind if galleried landing overlooking the main room inside. Four months to complete it would seem reasonable with determination, but there is a lot of work to do due to the vandalism inside. Will be great when open, the design and views are excellent!! ( If I have the right building).

keithBT Jan 30th 2018 1:01 pm

Oooops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just read Esuri Johns post and I gather its a new building. Ignore previous post.

MikeJ Jan 30th 2018 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by neil77 (Post 12428779)
H2O just posted on their facebook page that they've signed another contract to keep running the golf course and club. Mind, that contract could be with new owners?

Judging by MichaelH's photo it's the golf course that needs H2O not the other way round :rofl::rofl:

shirley and anthony hide Feb 20th 2018 1:14 pm

Well, its the 20th February. I don't suppose anyone has seen any men in business suits looking like they mean the business, loitering around Ayamonte with attache cases stuffed with banknotes ?

enri Feb 20th 2018 4:03 pm

It is supposed signed far away of Ayamonte, in La Coruña, 1000 Km from here.
Martin Fadesa has the headquarter there.
We wait for news!!

guesswork Feb 20th 2018 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by enri (Post 12446620)
It is supposed signed far away of Ayamonte, in La Coruña, 1000 Km from here.
Martin Fadesa has the headquarter there.
We wait for news!!

I also heard they could sign in Ayamonte or La Coruna

AndyS Feb 20th 2018 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 12446692)
I also heard they could sign in Ayamonte or La Coruna

So long as they sign it, it can be in Timbuktoo:)

AndyS Feb 22nd 2018 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 12446722)
So long as they sign it, it can be in Timbuktoo:)

Does anyone have any news on the signing?

EsuriJohn Feb 22nd 2018 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 12448407)
Does anyone have any news on the signing?

The signing took place as stated by the Mayor in A Corunna and cheques were deposited for the unpaid IBI AND EUC payments so the consortium have paid over €4. No sign of cranes at the hotel yet!

csrich Feb 22nd 2018 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12448491)
The signing took place as stated by the Mayor in A Corunna and cheques were deposited for the unpaid IBI AND EUC payments so the consortium have paid over €4. No sign of cranes at the hotel yet!

I am surprised this hasn't appeared on the local government Facebook page and in the Huelva on line press announcements.
Good news for all in any event.