Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Fab pics thanks roll on 2020
Old Nov 19th 2019, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

adec is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the club house looks great ... hope you all enjoy it!
Old Nov 20th 2019, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Might have guessed you would be in shorts. Not anywhere near cold enough for a Northerner!

Have sent you a pm Ken.

Jonathan
Old Nov 28th 2019, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Parcheval is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn

Here is the new price structure for anyone interested. PS I’m the woman in the picture above - best Lady Scratch (though there was no Scratch prize for ladies). The course was in very good condition considering. The clubhouse is looking fabulous and a good menu.
They've already made some changes...
The reduced annual fee and pay 5/6€ each time you play options do not longer exist, and the annual fees have increased by 50 and 100€ depending on the membership chosen.
By the way, memberships fees have to be fully paid at once...

Last edited by Parcheval; Nov 28th 2019 at 8:12 am.
Old Nov 28th 2019, 8:25 am
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Parcheval
They've already made some changes...
The reduced annual fee and pay 5/6€ each time you play options do not longer exist, and the annual fees have increased by 50 and 100€ depending on the membership chosen.
By the way, memberships fees have to be fully paid at once...
Any idea what the take up has been? Are the changes because they are doing well, or the opposite?
Old Nov 28th 2019, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dellaph Kite
Any idea what the take up has been? Are the changes because they are doing well, or the opposite?
Doing well is not the half of it, course booked up each day and car park very busy 8 till 8 when the Thebussem kitchen closes. Looks like a success so far lots of work still going on on the course but with this kind of take up they may move onto the hotel which I understand Pryconsa have first option on.

As an aside the 8th on the east course is greening up after the recent gentle rain so who knows it may happen sometime.
Old Nov 28th 2019, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

Doing well is not the half of it, course booked up each day and car park very busy 8 till 8 when the Thebussem kitchen closes. Looks like a success so far lots of work still going on on the course but with this kind of take up they may move onto the hotel which I understand Pryconsa have first option on.

As an aside the 8th on the east course is greening up after the recent gentle rain so who knows it may happen sometime.
Now don’t go getting me excited John. Maybe that plot of mine will, one day, have the lovely views it had a few years ago. Hope all is well with you and Kath.
Andy
Old Nov 28th 2019, 1:58 pm
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome, proof that's all that was ever needed, a modicum of competence regarding the management of a facility that has so much support and desire for its success. Great news indeed. Now onward and upward. Belief and hope associated with Esuri again, happy Christmas.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandCathy is an unknown quantity at this point

Been playing Esuri over the years ever since it first opened and the work on greens and tees fantastic but fairways really need improvement and the rough just off fairways full of weeds so a good spraying required. Not sure why the nines have been reversed?. Give the course another six months further TLC with experienced Greenstaff and course will be as good as any in the area. All the best to the new owners, great work in a short period.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

Just returned from a week at our apartment in Vista Esuri, and wanted to give our take & view on the golf club.

Firstly, fantastic that the golf course, pro-shop, bar & restaurant are all open.

I was able to play the new Valle Guadiana golf course twice during our week, and have to say, the management, staff, green-keepers & ground-workers etc, have done a fantastic job delivering what they have with what they had to work with in such a short period of time – well done to all.

In my opinion, the “now” front-9 greens were slightly better than the “now” back-9, but considering they have been turf laid, they’re still pretty good, but will need some bedding in – although on one of the times I played, someone from a group in front were wearing the old style metal spikes!! – if you’re reading this, c’mon, this hasn’t been done for years, treat yourself to a proper pair of golf shoes, or wear trainers, and stop causing this unnecessary damage to the greens. The fairways and general rough, I felt were not much different from what we’ve had for the last couple of years, and the tee’s were a big improvement.

So, was the course opened too early ?, probably, but I think we would all agree it needed to be opened. All in all, I think that in another 6 months, with the level of care and attention the course has been given over the last 3-6 months, and some even rain, next year we’ll have a course rivalling some of the best in the local area, can’t wait!

The bar and restaurant have been decorated very nicely, and the light lunches we had were absolutely fine. My only complaint – for some of the drinks (maybe not all available?) that we had, the prices were very toppy. They can maybe get away with these prices at Isla Canela – where you have a hotel, but in Costa Esuri, we don’t, yet, and to charge 7 euros for a Bacardi & coke, and 6.5 euros for a Vodka & tonic, those prices are the highest we’ve found in 11 years in the area – outside of a hotel environment.

I hope this small review is of interest, and we for one, can certainly not wait for those summer days when we can sit on the club house terrace in the sun, drinking some “reasonably” priced drinks…..bring it on.
Old Dec 26th 2019, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

Please can someone put me in direct contact with the former Captain of the then Costa Esuri Golf Club? Thank you. PM me with his name and contact details? Merry Festive Season.
Old Dec 26th 2019, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Please can someone put me in direct contact with the former Captain of the then Costa Esuri Golf Club? Thank you. PM me with his name and contact details? Merry Festive Season.

I have sent you a pm
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know where we can see the Menu for the restaurant at VGL online? Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know where we can see the Menu for the restaurant at VGL online? Thanks
I think it’s on another thread on the Ayamonte forum
Old Jan 12th 2020, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

...aha... my mistake and apologies... I found it on the "Restaurants" post: https://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamonte-club-138/restaurants-617758/page103/
Go to Page 103
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by ElizabethAnn; Jan 12th 2020 at 11:29 am.