Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Old Sep 10th 2019, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandCathy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Spoke today with an Isla Canela green keeper and all greens re turfed by this Friday and maybe playable by end October. Just driven past at 8pm and a dozen cars in car park so some activity going on.
Old Sep 10th 2019, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Interesting.. 'something' is happening at the clubhouse.

This afternoon workmen removed the terrace railings/bannisters from the side over looking the course+Portugal.

It occurred to me that they were nicking the metal ... but there has been activity inside too. Right now at 10pm the lights are on

​​​​​I can't see what is happening, just a few people walking about.

Interesting...

Jon
Maybe it's a former tenant/manager recovering his investments 😁😁😁 (no names, no pack drill!)
Old Sep 12th 2019, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

irlanda is an unknown quantity at this point

if ALL greens have been re-seeded already,----- thats a lot of serious work done
and if the greens are as good as IC then they are excellent
augurs well for the restoration of the overall finished product
Old Sep 12th 2019, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Greens have not been seeded but turfed and irrigation system updated. October seems hopeful!. Putting green not re-turfed as of yesterday. Thought driving range may be first thing to get sorted and playable, think days of 1 euro a bucket of balls gone though , always way too cheap!.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Would be great to sort maybe 6 holes of east coast out for golf football?. A good game for the not so old and a good earner for the club owner.
Old Sep 14th 2019, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork

The members have had an from Kostka
Isla Canela as have bought the west course and clubhouse. There is a huge amount to be done on the course More than anticipated
Renovations will take place on both. Anticipated opening date is next January

There is a meeting arranged at Esuri golf on September 27th at 11am I guess Members only as the email was to them. I’ve will then talk about there plan of action for the course
I am hearing that the venue for the meeting has changed. It is now at Isla Canella hotel at 1100 on the 27 September.
Can anyone confirm that.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 9:10 am
Just Joined

sumac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
I am hearing that the venue for the meeting has changed. It is now at Isla Canella hotel at 1100 on the 27 September.
Can anyone confirm that.
Does anyone have firm information about the location of the meeting on Friday?
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Yes it’s true, meeting now at Isla Canela, Par 3, clubhouse near practice facilities, BUT, it’s for Members Only, they have a list of Members and only they will be allowed in.

Ken.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

DebbieandGraham is an unknown quantity at this point

Could always use someone else’s name � ����� ����� ����� ����
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

These photos I took last week show that, compared to QDV, there is still a lot of work to be done.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 6:36 am
Just Joined

sumac is an unknown quantity at this point

I assume they mean ex members of a now defunct company/club. i find this very short sighted - do they not realise there is a huge reserve of good will here for them to make a success of this and they start off by alienating the wider community.
Can I ask that any "member" who does attend might put a brief summary of the proceedings on this forum so that those who cannot attend get some feedback at least.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

It’s possible that if the meeting was open the Canela clubhouse would be too small
Old Sep 24th 2019, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sumac
I assume they mean ex members of a now defunct company/club. i find this very short sighted - do they not realise there is a huge reserve of good will here for them to make a success of this and they start off by alienating the wider community.
Can I ask that any "member" who does attend might put a brief summary of the proceedings on this forum so that those who cannot attend get some feedback at least.
I'm part of the "wider community" and I don't feel alienated. Curious maybe but then I'm a nosey sod. I am sure they are going g to talk about golfy stuff, new membership arrangements etc. I'd probably be bored stiff. The thing I expect most people will be interested in will be the clubhouse and it's future. We can probably be patient for another few days and someone will post.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sumac
Hi Sumac, I don't see it that way at all, but as a way to keep the numbers manageable. There is no doubt that someone will report back to the wider community on here of what is said (but unfortunately that won't be me as I can't make the meeting). It needs to be remember that at the end of the day, IC has acquired a golf club, not a community centre, so that is going to be their number one priority.
Jusy my 2p worth.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Well said Bob, Mike & Mick. I'll just add that if you invite the ' wider community' you will go completely of topic. I'm sure, as has been said, that all they want to discuss at the moment is Golf Club related. Mike.

Last edited by MikeCol; Sep 24th 2019 at 9:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.