Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Old Aug 20th 2019, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

Esuri West is a very long course, I doubt there would be enough turf in all of Andalusia to turf it all. Perhaps just the “T’s” to be turfed. Watering stopped on the fairways over 2 months ago but that is not all bad. With the exceptional summer there will have been no growth and I doubt much weed will have got in. Oceans of water proper feed & weed scarify and tine and they will come back. The greens have not had water for about 6 weeks so they are a different problem I would think they will need re-building from scratch also the bunkers. Good news about the clubhouse bar and “cafe”. The first positive indication that they are included in the deal and Thebussem running it is good news the food we have had there is not half bad.

The members have had an from Kostka
Isla Canela as have bought the west course and clubhouse. There is a huge amount to be done on the course More than anticipated
Renovations will take place on both. Anticipated opening date is next January

There is a meeting arranged at Esuri golf on September 27th at 11am I guess Members only as the email was to them. I’ve will then talk about there plan of action for the course
Old Aug 20th 2019, 9:10 am
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by guesswork

The members have had an from Kostka
Isla Canela as have bought the west course and clubhouse. There is a huge amount to be done on the course More than anticipated
Renovations will take place on both. Anticipated opening date is next January

There is a meeting arranged at Esuri golf on September 27th at 11am I guess Members only as the email was to them. I’ve will then talk about there plan of action for the course
Thank you. I'm not sure the amount of work required can be a surprise. Negotiations took a long time and I imagine before investing a considerable amount of effort and money in the purchase IC representatives popped along and had a gander at what they were taking on. Which should mean they are confident in their ability to transform the course into what we have all wished for these many years. They have managed Canela well, at least the course side of things. With the right people responsible for the clubhouse I am flying in the face of years of reality and allowing optimism back in. It's a good feeling!
Old Aug 20th 2019, 10:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dellaph Kite
Thank you. I'm not sure the amount of work required can be a surprise. Negotiations took a long time and I imagine before investing a considerable amount of effort and money in the purchase IC representatives popped along and had a gander at what they were taking on. Which should mean they are confident in their ability to transform the course into what we have all wished for these many years. They have managed Canela well, at least the course side of things. With the right people responsible for the clubhouse I am flying in the face of years of reality and allowing optimism back in. It's a good feeling!
Good to hear that optimism is back for you. Many have faced the 'reality' with you, so I can understand that good feeling.

Has the management of the resto/bar/cafe been confirmed please? EsuriJohn's post says that Thebussen have confirmed the running of this. He usually knows these things.

That would be a positive step (if so).

Jon
Old Aug 20th 2019, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard Canela wont be running it. It is up for tender with a lot of interest being shown.

Wait and see
Old Aug 21st 2019, 5:47 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
I have heard Canela wont be running it. It is up for tender with a lot of interest being shown.

Wait and see
This confirms the earlier discussion. I'm sure it won't take long to hear the news, on here, if someone actually takes it over. That could be interesting!

Its not surprising that there are different views until something definite happens

Jon
Old Aug 24th 2019, 9:44 am
Just Joined

alice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dellaph Kite
The meeting on the 27th September is OPEN to all clients of the golf club NOT only members as per the email from IC.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 9:49 am
Just Joined

alice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant future

The meeting on the 27th is FOR ALL CLIENTS of Esuri .Not just golf members.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 5:34 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by alice57
The meeting on the 27th is FOR ALL CLIENTS of Esuri .Not just golf members.
Thats great to hear, thanks. Both 'populations' are needed to make this a success...(That we ALL want) And no chance of an 'us and them' either... Looking forward to the meeting

Jon
Old Aug 27th 2019, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by alice57
The meeting on the 27th September is OPEN to all clients of the golf club NOT only members as per the email from IC.

work has started, dug the 12th green up yesterday and digging the 16th up earlier today.

Old Aug 27th 2019, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandCathy is an unknown quantity at this point

If the geens need completely reseeding I guess the same for the tees?. What a shame we didnt as a community chip in a few euros each a week to pay for the water bil?.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Unusual angle of view from that terrace Ken. Took me a few seconds to work it out!

Last edited by Reptonian; Aug 28th 2019 at 2:03 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

The company currently working on the greens are doing the surrounds and the Tees

Apparently another company will be dealing with the fairways
Old Aug 29th 2019, 6:31 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Teed Up

work has started, dug the 12th green up yesterday and digging the 16th up earlier today.

Wonderful photos, thanks Ken.

I've been away for the high season, so am surprised quite how brown the course has become. I suppose it makes sense after the summer.

But good to see the earth moving equipment working on the course and that concrete action is finally taking place, not just talk.

Great news for golfers to play and all to look forward to seeing 'green fields' again in the future.

See you soon
Jon
Old Aug 29th 2019, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought but does anyone know the total membership off the CE golf club compared to IC Golf ?
Old Sep 10th 2019, 7:59 pm
BE Positive

Interesting.. 'something' is happening at the clubhouse.

This afternoon workmen removed the terrace railings/bannisters from the side over looking the course+Portugal.

It occurred to me that they were nicking the metal ... but there has been activity inside too. Right now at 10pm the lights are on

​​​​​I can't see what is happening, just a few people walking about.

Interesting...

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.