Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Old Aug 17th 2019, 8:27 am
Just Joined

stevep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

I have seen on another site where it is claimed the West Course has been purchased, whilst showing photo's of a parched East course. Can someone please confirm that it is the East course which has been purchased and can look forward to being playable again soon.
Apologies if this has already been covered.
Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2019, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stevep
I have seen on another site where it is claimed the West Course has been purchased, whilst showing photo's of a parched East course. Can someone please confirm that it is the East course which has been purchased and can look forward to being playable again soon.
Apologies if this has already been covered.
Thanks
It's the West Course. The East Course will take years to recover.

Old Aug 17th 2019, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Speaking of the UK and whisky... We just got back from the UK, paying everything on our Euro credit card, for the current 'good' ex rate. Whilst there we bought Whyte & Mackay whisky, on promo at Sainsbury's ( & ASDA I think) £16 for a whole litre!.

A surprisingly nice budget blended whisky IMO! Get it while stocks last
Jon
This one by any chance Jon?

Whyte & Mackay - Vinopolis Gibraltar
Old Aug 17th 2019, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
This one by any chance Jon?

Whyte & Mackay - Vinopolis Gibraltar
OMG!
​​​​​​Whatever you do Jon,don't click on the link.
Stay away from the link !!!

Old Aug 17th 2019, 12:13 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
OMG!
​​​​​​Whatever you do Jon,don't click on the link.
Stay away from the link !!!

Thanks errr I suppose theres a virus.

I wont open it..... Thanks for the heads up...

BTW I use Buy Wine, Liqueurs and Spirits | Buy Online at GrauOnline.com for booze deliveries to Europe, great prices, (even with delivery) door to door delivery with breakage guarantee.

They charge delivery in 'blocks' so you can often add bottles to stay in the same delivery charge band, reducing net price per bottle. Stuff arrives in a few days.

Jon
Old Aug 17th 2019, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks errr I suppose theres a virus.

I wont open it..... Thanks for the heads up...

BTW I use Buy Wine, Liqueurs and Spirits | Buy Online at GrauOnline.com for booze deliveries to Europe, great prices, (even with delivery) door to door delivery with breakage guarantee.

They charge delivery in 'blocks' so you can often add bottles to stay in the same delivery charge band, reducing net price per bottle. Stuff arrives in a few days.

Jon
I rather think it was a warning about the shock you would get when you see the tax-free price of whiskey in Gib. 😂😂😂
Old Aug 18th 2019, 9:41 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I rather think it was a warning about the shock you would get when you see the tax-free price of whiskey in Gib. 😂😂😂
"OMG" is right. It shows perfectly how much we tax alcohol in the UK.

Anyway better get back on topic. Thanks A,S & M
Jon
Old Aug 18th 2019, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

"OMG" is right. It shows perfectly how much we tax alcohol in the UK.

Anyway better get back on topic. Thanks A,S & M
Jon
Sorry Jon that price is TAX PAID
Old Aug 18th 2019, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandCathy is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone any idea what the time scale is before the west course is up an running again, have the greens etc been kept alive or does it all need reseeding?. Poor Harry,s year as Captain not been great....think the Club should give him another year and free subs!.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 10:13 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil77
As my old Mum used to say.............."what is a pessimist?.......and then she would answer........."a pessimist is an optimist with experience" and how true of life, but in this particular instance, how true of CE and the 'system'. Ive only lived here for three years, but in that short space of time Ive heard so many promises from the townhall and the last Mayor, he was going to do this, he was going to do that.........and then.......nothing. That is separate to all the rumours, that was the people who were responsible making all the promises going, even after they had been elected, and then doing nothing. So it is hardly surprising that some CE owners/residents who have been here for 15 years or more dont expect too much when they hear that this or that is going to or should happen.
With regard to 'having the last word on every subject' the person you are referring to has owned a property in CE for many years, and does make a lot of valuable and thought provoking contributions to this site. He also points out, very fairly I think, valid points from both sides of any particular debate or issue. It is good to have such a long standing CE owner making such valuable contributions in my opinion, and if problems are pointed out such as " golf course, hoyo 19, isla canela beaches" then collectively CE residents/members are alerted to such matters and they can then be raised with the relevant authorities. We can all make better decisions if we are better informed. The more posts from such people are beneficial, no matter how many posts they make
Ditto - very good post. Thank you
Old Aug 19th 2019, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough

The watering system on the course is being tested at the moment. I have seen the 16th green, 15th green and 17th tee all being watered.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Parcheval is an unknown quantity at this point

Email received yesterday:
Dear Memberships and Clients of Costa Esuri Golf Club.

I am writing to you to inform you that, on August 14th. 2019, Isla Canela S.A. tooked over the management and operation of the golf course, the clubhouse (cafeteria) and the Costa Esuri pro shop.We inform you that the cafeteria and the golf course will remain closed during the works we need to be done. In few days we will start the maintenance works and we will try to finish in the shortest time possible. It will be a hard work and will require more time than we would like, but the current state of the golf course requires it.Among the commitments acquired in the purchase operation, we are in charge of the contracts that were in force with the previous management company. We want to emphasize that our responsibility is only on the part of the quota contracts that have been paid and could not be enjoyed due to the closure of the golf course.In order to get to know each other personally and inform you about the process of the work of setting up the golf course, we inform you that we will have a meeting at the Costa Esuri Golf Club on the 27th September 2019 at 11:00 a.m.Isla Canela S.A. starts this new project with great enthusiasm and with the aim of making Costa Esuri one of the best golf courses in the province. The satisfaction of our customers is a primary objective in our company and in this new project it will not be different.We thank you in advance for your trust and patience in this process of reopening the golf course. Best regards.

Kostka Horno Elósegui
Director de Operaciones ISLA CANELA S.A
Kostka told me personally that their goal is to be ready at the beginning of next year, using laying sod for most part of the course.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

That sounds like positive news. Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 7:11 am
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Parcheval
Email received yesterday:

Kostka told me personally that their goal is to be ready at the beginning of next year, using laying sod for most part of the course.
I have faith in the IC guys, but turfing a golf course would be a huge undertaking, overseeding is the common practice. Grass is of course a tough plant and the CE fairways need management, proper tlc. It'll certainly be interesting.

Last edited by Dellaph Kite; Aug 20th 2019 at 8:28 am.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dellaph Kite
I have faith in the IC guys, but turfing a golf course would be a huge undertaking, overseeding is the common practice. Grass is as of course a tough plant and the CE fairways need management, proper tlc. It'll certainly be interesting.
Esuri West is a very long course, I doubt there would be enough turf in all of Andalusia to turf it all. Perhaps just the “T’s” to be turfed. Watering stopped on the fairways over 2 months ago but that is not all bad. With the exceptional summer there will have been no growth and I doubt much weed will have got in. Oceans of water proper feed & weed scarify and tine and they will come back. The greens have not had water for about 6 weeks so they are a different problem I would think they will need re-building from scratch also the bunkers. Good news about the clubhouse bar and “cafe”. The first positive indication that they are included in the deal and Thebussem running it is good news the food we have had there is not half bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.