Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Old Aug 15th 2019, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Finally a good post and not something from those 'knowledgable story writers" around
Old Aug 15th 2019, 5:48 pm
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by limey610
Can we please be realistic here with expectations - can we also please see the positives (especially those that have "Be Positive" on their posts.

Whoever has bought or sold companies for in excess of a million will know that the transaction takes months to negotiate, especially when there are numerous parties involved - buyer, seller, sitting tenant, local, state and federal authorities etc.

The buyer has now completed the transaction for the golf course and club house properties. Only now can they truly start to plan out the renewal of the golf course, staffing, resources, new equipment, turfing and fertilizing programs etc. This will not be an instant fix, nor should it be if as everyone agrees they want to a quality course as a result.

The buyer does have full ownership of the clubhouse and OF COURSE they want it to be maximized, offer a quality F&B product and be worthwhile to both golfers and the non golfing local community. They certainly have licenses to proceed with a full offering as both the past and present administrations have given their full support of the transaction in knowledge of its importance.

Their are many local restaurants that want to lease this clubhouse from the buyer as they all see the possibilities for future growth and profits. The buyer can only now start to assemble these bids and select the best offering. Again anyone with knowledge of these contracts and their importance will know that this process cannot and should not be hurried. The buyer knows full well that temporary offerings will not work.

I wish the new owners my heartiest congratulations and full support.

They have invested a lot of money to purchase the course and clubhouse. They will want to see it fully successful. I hope they take as long as necessary to provide a quality golf course and a thoroughly well thought out, planned F&B operation at the first attempt.
Thank you, well said.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

This is a second hand story so make of it what you will😁 I was chatting to a member from IC Golf (no names no pack drill). He seemed to be close to management and he told me that the deal was about to be signed (he was right!).
He also said the ICG did intend to take the clubhouse as well and the rumour going around that they didn't was a negotiating ploy ( let's hope he was correct in this too). He also said that serious work on restoring the course would start in October with a view to opening in the Spring/early summer.
Just an optimistic post to lighten the mood.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 7:02 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Can we please be realistic here with expectations - can we also please see the positives (especially those that have "Be Positive" on their posts.

Whoever has bought or sold companies for in excess of a million will know that the transaction takes months to negotiate, especially when there are numerous parties involved - buyer, seller, sitting tenant, local, state and federal authorities etc.

The buyer has now completed the transaction for the golf course and club house properties. Only now can they truly start to plan out the renewal of the golf course, staffing, resources, new equipment, turfing and fertilizing programs etc. This will not be an instant fix, nor should it be if as everyone agrees they want to a quality course as a result.

The buyer does have full ownership of the clubhouse and OF COURSE they want it to be maximized, offer a quality F&B product and be worthwhile to both golfers and the non golfing local community. They certainly have licenses to proceed with a full offering as both the past and present administrations have given their full support of the transaction in knowledge of its importance.

Their are many local restaurants that want to lease this clubhouse from the buyer as they all see the possibilities for future growth and profits. The buyer can only now start to assemble these bids and select the best offering. Again anyone with knowledge of these contracts and their importance will know that this process cannot and should not be hurried. The buyer knows full well that temporary offerings will not work.

I wish the new owners my heartiest congratulations and full support.

They have invested a lot of money to purchase the course and clubhouse. They will want to see it fully successful. I hope they take as long as necessary to provide a quality golf course and a thoroughly well thought out, planned F&B operation at the first attempt.
Hi limey610

I think I have had the BE positive label for well over a decade.

​​​​I am (and have always been) very positive about the area we have chosen, the opportunities it provides across 2 countries and the multitude of options we have for travel, social options, restos etc etc. After about 15 years involvement in the area, I am not however, positive about the 'system' at CE.

Ive never said that I expect the course to be ready quickly.

However the golfers deserve a properly functioning course ... And the non-golfers deserve social options on CE. As I mentioned theres money to be made, and this could even become a vibrant social centre on CE. (Its all said in the posts)
​​​
Thank goodness we have so many opportunities outside CE, with eg affordable taxi connections to go have to go out and have a laugh.

In the time it takes to do up the course I sincerely hope that the dominos will all line up for another concern to take over the F&B operation with a fully licenced operation.

Lets see... We've been here before and I'm not holding my breath......but.........
Jon
Old Aug 15th 2019, 7:09 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitmanev

Finally a good post and not something from those 'knowledgable story writers" around
I actually agree that it was a good post. Healthy discussion from people from differing positions is always positive.

However I totally disagree with you about 'story telling' .. that's rubbish. No stories = fiction..

Its been a discussion about the details of the deal that was struck, and some valid concerns about how this will eventually deliver something that EVERYONE wants.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 15th 2019 at 7:16 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road

Lets see... We've been here before and I'm not holding my breath......but.........
Jon

I think that was my point. 15 years of experience has left you jaded and always pointing out negatives - golf course, hoyo 19, isla canela beaches etc etc - but as you always seem to insist of having the last word on every subject ....
Old Aug 16th 2019, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jon

I think that was my point. 15 years of experience has left you jaded and always pointing out negatives - golf course, hoyo 19, isla canela beaches etc etc - but as you always seem to insist of having the last word on every subject ....

As my old Mum used to say.............."what is a pessimist?.......and then she would answer........."a pessimist is an optimist with experience" and how true of life, but in this particular instance, how true of CE and the 'system'. Ive only lived here for three years, but in that short space of time Ive heard so many promises from the townhall and the last Mayor, he was going to do this, he was going to do that.........and then.......nothing. That is separate to all the rumours, that was the people who were responsible making all the promises going, even after they had been elected, and then doing nothing. So it is hardly surprising that some CE owners/residents who have been here for 15 years or more dont expect too much when they hear that this or that is going to or should happen.
With regard to 'having the last word on every subject' the person you are referring to has owned a property in CE for many years, and does make a lot of valuable and thought provoking contributions to this site. He also points out, very fairly I think, valid points from both sides of any particular debate or issue. It is good to have such a long standing CE owner making such valuable contributions in my opinion, and if problems are pointed out such as " golf course, hoyo 19, isla canela beaches" then collectively CE residents/members are alerted to such matters and they can then be raised with the relevant authorities. We can all make better decisions if we are better informed. The more posts from such people are beneficial, no matter how many posts they make
Old Aug 16th 2019, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=neil77;12723570]As my old Mum used to say.............."what is a pessimist?.......and then she would answer........."a pessimist is an optimist with experience" and how true of life, but in this particular instance, how true of CE and the 'system'. Ive only lived here for three years, but in that short space of time Ive heard so many promises from the townhall and the last Mayor, he was going to do this, he was going to do that.........and then.......nothing. That is separate to all the rumours, that was the people who were responsible making all the promises going, even after they had been elected, and then doing nothing. So it is hardly surprising that some CE owners/residents who have been here for 15 years or more dont expect too much when they hear that this or that is going to or should happen.
With regard to 'having the last word on every subject' the person you are referring to has owned a property in CE for many years, and does make a lot of valuable and thought provoking contributions to this site. He also points out, very fairly I think, valid points from both sides of any particular debate or issue. It is good to have such a long standing CE owner making such valuable contributions in my opinion, and if problems are pointed out such as " golf course, hoyo 19, isla canela beaches" then collectively CE residents/members are alerted to such matters and they can then be raised with the relevant authorities. We can all make better decisions if we are better informed. The more posts from such people are beneficial, no matter how many posts :

​​​​​

Old Aug 16th 2019, 8:54 am
BE Positive

Jon

Aha the old the 'last-say card'... OK on this subject, I'll let you 'win' and (for now) say no more about this.

Changing the subject: You've only been around about a year, you don't know me at all, so you would be forgiven for misunderstanding. You are totally wrong to say that I am jaded. Its not necessary to make it personal - especially as you don't know the subject - me!

We spend several months a year in CE, and we keep coming year after year mainly because of the wonderful people we have met, many through this forum. We have also met several of these friends abroad outside of CE too, several times. Add to that the wonderful options this area/region presents, means that I have the best social life I have ever had in the Ayamonte/frontier regions, with friends there. I say this as someone who has had significant international experience. It remains a very significant (and FUN!) part of our retirement strategy. We are back soon and I know that we will have a blast!.... As usual. Can't wait!

But nothing is perfect, e.g As you mention, I am actually so glad to learn what another poster alerted us to i.e the pollution in the ocean. I was blind to the fact that the regional government has been fined by the EU for repeatedly avoiding implementing proper and legally required sewage treatment. This is nothing to do with being jaded, it is a fact the photos and information presented shocked me. It means I can make a plan to avoid this issue.

Of course there are other imperfections as well. I don't think it does harm to discuss them - as well as the 'perfections'.. of which there are a lot.

I am pretty sure that over the years that my overall strong appreciation of the region has come through in my posts (warts and all) .

Jon
Old Aug 16th 2019, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely put Jon.
All us longer term Esurians are just like Miss Havisham in Great expectations.
Jilted at the altar. Doomed to roam that ruined mansion.
But still wearing THAT wedding dress, just in case.
Yes, just in case.....
Old Aug 16th 2019, 9:41 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Nicely put Jon.
All us longer term Esurians are just like Miss Havisham in Great expectations.
Jilted at the altar. Doomed to roam that ruined mansion.
But still wearing THAT wedding dress, just in case.
Yes, just in case.....
Thank you - Also that one made me laugh!
Old Aug 16th 2019, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

As I sit here in rainy Swansea with a glass of whiskey after a long working week I love the opinionated views of the people of this forum very informative and entertaining too and there nothing wrong with different look at the facts/rumours,god only knows you ve earned the right. May it long continue.I β€˜ll raise my glass to a promising future.
Old Aug 16th 2019, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glaisboy
As I sit here in rainy Swansea with a glass of whiskey after a long working week I love the opinionated views of the people of this forum very informative and entertaining too and there nothing wrong with different look at the facts/rumours,god only knows you ve earned the right. May it long continue.I β€˜ll raise my glass to a promising future.
We are just across the bay from you in Woolacombe and it is hissing down and has been all day all the way from Montgomery in mid Wales. Looked at Ayamonte earlier 29* no sign of rain now or near future. Got to be here Grdson birthday Sat and Son birthday Sun. Miss the warmth of the Ayamonte sun but replaced by the warmth of family. You can’t have it all but we miss ESURI when we are not there so there must be lots about the place that’s right and we love it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ₯ƒ
Old Aug 16th 2019, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Originally Posted by glaisboy
And as I sit here in sunny Ayamonte, after a long hot week, month, few months here, I realise why I moved from Swansea to Ayamonte!! And your post reinforces that! But agree, some of the posts are very entertaining, and human nature can be quite comical sometimes! But Swansea, like Ayamonte, does have its own 'magic'!
Old Aug 17th 2019, 7:42 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by neil77
And as I sit here in sunny Ayamonte, after a long hot week, month, few months here, I realise why I moved from Swansea to Ayamonte!! And your post reinforces that! But agree, some of the posts are very entertaining, and human nature can be quite comical sometimes! But Swansea, like Ayamonte, does have its own 'magic'!
Speaking of the UK and whisky... We just got back from the UK, paying everything on our Euro credit card, for the current 'good' ex rate. Whilst there we bought Whyte & Mackay whisky, on promo at Sainsbury's ( & ASDA I think) Β£16 for a whole litre!.

A surprisingly nice budget blended whisky IMO! Get it while stocks last
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 17th 2019 at 8:37 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.