jontxu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

36 holes : 18 Isla canela and 18 costa esuri

I understand this
Old Aug 14th 2019, 5:43 pm
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll take that at the moment. Much better than 18 holes IC and 0 holes CE . Get this right and it's a foundation for the future. Without it the hotel would remain a hoshell
Old Aug 14th 2019, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
I will believe it when the Captain of the golf club says it is.
He has had direct contact with Canella ,so he would be first to know hopefully.
At the moment its still all conjecture M'lud .

definite
Old Aug 14th 2019, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Enri,.................... Do you have any proof its been signed or is this merely hearsay. That is to say, does it come from a reliable source ?????
Old Aug 14th 2019, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philipmorris
Totalmente cierto!!

Old Aug 14th 2019, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic news I believe this should be seen as a very large plus.This ( unlike the water park scheme) is realistic and to be fair, has had the support of the new Council Leader.I don t even play golf and I m chuffed to bits.Let it be true please.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 7:00 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

This is incredibly good news for all Esurians whether committed golfers or not. Two things stand out and may make a difference to how hard we celebrate.

1. Does this include the clubhouse bar and restaurant? and

2. “36 holes” does this include the East course, and are there any targets for work on Recovering the course for golf?
That is an important question (no 1).. As I said this is good news .... but lets see how it all pans out. I'm no golfer but I have to believe that meeting up before the game and then after is an important part of the golfing experience... we need the bar for that and usually a food service. This of course opens the door for the vitally important extra business with the non-golfers.

Also if they really want "Ayamonte will become a referenced golf destination to national and international levels." - then surely a quality clubhouse on the 19th hole - is a must

With this in place and some ideas for evening entertainment there is a chance to make some money and even become the social centre of CE for all nationalities, residents and visitors

... Lets see .... The commentary is encouraging... the delivery of that will be the challenge. So I remain cautious till then.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 14th 2019 at 7:05 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Congratulations to Isla Canela SA on their purchase of one of the best and most playable and enjoyable tracks (once it has been sorted by a proper green-keeping team) at this end of the Algarve. Hoping for a full update on the timetable for course renovation being produced in the near future.

And well done the Club Captain for keeping us informed over the last few months via the Esuri Golf Club facebook page. When is the next monthly captains report coming H?

Best wishes to all.

Jonathan
Old Aug 14th 2019, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guesswork
QUOTE=guesswork;12723058]

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 15th 2019 at 6:42 am.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Philipmorris
En principio restaurará el campo de golf que es lo importante. Pero mi sensación es que en el futuro alguien vendrá y adquirirá la casa club porque hará muy buen negocio y Le interesaría. Pero lo principal por lo menos que abra el campo de golf
As this is in Spanish which is not the language of the forum and so will probably be removed at some point I thought I would I would give my best translation before it does:

'At first it is the restoration of the golf course that is important. But my feeling is that in the future someone will come and acquire the clubhouse because they will do very good business and would interest them. But the main thing at least is that the golf course opens.'

Oh well, better than nothing I suppose.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 7:36 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
As this is in Spanish which is not the language of the forum and so will probably be removed at some point I thought I would I would give my best translation before it does:

'At first it is the restoration of the golf course that is important. But my feeling is that in the future someone will come and acquire the clubhouse because they will do very good business and would interest them. But the main thing at least is that the golf course opens.'

Oh well, better than nothing I suppose.
Aha - I thought there was something odd here. Hence my caution throughout, as any reader of my posts has seen. This is a shame. Of course it took a bit of digging to expose this. (As usual). Quote:

One 'feels' ..'that in the future someone' ..will 'acquire the clubhouse'.

I am really happy for the golfers (many who are friends) that they will (hopefully) have a course (sometime in the future). But as we've discussed on the forum, many people agree that the clubhouse cannot really work with just the golf business. Also I do believe that a golfer will find it less attractive to come to play with no bar, food and the 'golf club ambience' that I think most successful golf courses have. As I say I am no golfer - so could be wrong.

A few days ago we were on a walking holiday in the UK and at one period walked alongside a links course, and popped into the clubhouse for a drink. It was wonderful and 'how it should be done'. Photos of captains, winners, trophies in cabinets etc groups of golfers having a drink and chatting on the terrace. Admittedly this was a world class golf club, but years ago I lived on a 'normal' UK municipal golf course, and they had a clubhouse, bar and resto as well. With that Golf ambience.

If there is such a good business opportunity (as is said in the post) I wonder why this wasn't jumped on to make a truly inclusive package, more akin to the usual 'golf facility-package'. After all the stated aim is "Ayamonte will become a referenced golf destination to national and international levels."

Ahem!!!!: Then there is that horny question about the licences needed to run the clubhouse! A problem that has plagued CE for years.

I believe that they are looking for a 'symbiotic relationship' - They (company 1) run the course for the golfers, and another (company 2) run the clubhouse. Trouble is ... there is no company 2! Its just a 'feeling' that it will happen.

Its my belief that both need to be in place to make this even half the success that they are proposing. Also there are bound to be problems with 2 separate companies - each with their own requirements - working seamlessly together. It can happen .. but its another hurdle..... and there are already SO MANY hurdles in CE!

It seems that the 'management' is reading this forum hence we see the Spanish posts. I am happy to use Google to translate them, but I suggest to them that they do it once and do both on this English-speaking forum. The original Spanish one and the google-translated English one. It saves hundreds of people doing it and BTW (importantly) shows a customer-focussed attitude! It just takes a few seconds of cut and paste. Just a thought.

I've got my reading glasses on ............ for the 'tea leaves'

For the golfers, you deserve a proper course to play the sport you love. Also to feel confident about the future in order to e.g plan holidays with golfing friends + family.... and also to pay any annual dues, etc, etc

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 15th 2019 at 8:05 am.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 7:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jon-Bxl for informing the management that the language required on the forum is English because it will save me a lot of deleting. Whilst on the subject of deleting I have had to mess with a few posts this morning as they were either causing a bit of chaos or likely to. I hope that this has not caused too much disruption.

Rosemary
Old Aug 15th 2019, 8:32 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Thanks Jon-Bxl for informing the management that the language required on the forum is English because it will save me a lot of deleting. Whilst on the subject of deleting I have had to mess with a few posts this morning as they were either causing a bit of chaos or likely to. I hope that this has not caused too much disruption.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary

Thanks to Kath who alerted us to the possibility of the Spanish posts being deleted - I used that to send the message to the management.

We have had so many problems in CE over the years. As you know. The subject of facilities in CE is often the biggest problem.

The other one is ' over-promised.... under delivered'. We all get excited about the possibility of having something here in this wonderful area, where we pay over-the-odds vs other Ayamonte residents for all the taxes. But its one disappointment after another. This is why I have NO faith in 'the system'.. and will only 'believe it when I see it'.

The crazy thing is that there are business opportunities there, therefore JOB opportunities too... and I believe that there is a lot of money to be made there for a good proposition - perhaps with a little help from the town hall not to break any rules, just help and fast tract the admin, be pro-active to encourage new job opportunities via establishing businesses in CE.. etc

Any time there was even the smallest function (quiz, karaoke, brazillian dancers, flamenco, paella night etc etc) the place is full.. wallets out!

This was in the 'old days'. There was a time in those days that we had 3 social venues.. all could do well.

We now have a far larger population of mainly Brits and Spanish - it seems crazy to many people that there is really nothing apart from a corner shop. We enjoy it... but not everyone does.

So frustrations sometimes boil over. Thanks Rosemary for moderating out the excessive ones

Jon
Old Aug 15th 2019, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road

Can we please be realistic here with expectations - can we also please see the positives (especially those that have "Be Positive" on their posts.

Whoever has bought or sold companies for in excess of a million will know that the transaction takes months to negotiate, especially when there are numerous parties involved - buyer, seller, sitting tenant, local, state and federal authorities etc.

The buyer has now completed the transaction for the golf course and club house properties. Only now can they truly start to plan out the renewal of the golf course, staffing, resources, new equipment, turfing and fertilizing programs etc. This will not be an instant fix, nor should it be if as everyone agrees they want to a quality course as a result.

The buyer does have full ownership of the clubhouse and OF COURSE they want it to be maximized, offer a quality F&B product and be worthwhile to both golfers and the non golfing local community. They certainly have licenses to proceed with a full offering as both the past and present administrations have given their full support of the transaction in knowledge of its importance.

Their are many local restaurants that want to lease this clubhouse from the buyer as they all see the possibilities for future growth and profits. The buyer can only now start to assemble these bids and select the best offering. Again anyone with knowledge of these contracts and their importance will know that this process cannot and should not be hurried. The buyer knows full well that temporary offerings will not work.

I wish the new owners my heartiest congratulations and full support.

They have invested a lot of money to purchase the course and clubhouse. They will want to see it fully successful. I hope they take as long as necessary to provide a quality golf course and a thoroughly well thought out, planned F&B operation at the first attempt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.