Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Old Jul 31st 2019, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

The course has been closed for 2 months. The bar is open . Drinks only
Old Aug 1st 2019, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

So sad thanks.I was just reflecting on the good times we had over the years.I just hope for some good news in the Autumn
perhaps
Old Aug 1st 2019, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

The bar might be alleged to be open, but actually catching it open is another matter. We wandered down about nine-ish one evening to watch the sunset with a drink and it was most definitely closed. That was about ten days ago. We didn't actually gain entry at all on this last visit !! After finding it closed I could not be bothered another night to walk down on the off chance it might be open. Maybe it closes at 8.00 pm ?? Who knows ! Either way we need some certainty of opening hours. Little did we know a couple of years ago when the food was good and value especially on the 2- 4- 1 nights, that we were seeing the peak of the good times. Their steaks & lamb shanks were great IMO. I'm afraid the shop doesn't appeal the same as a social amenity, so we drive to go "out".
Old Aug 1st 2019, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
The bar might be alleged to be open, but actually catching it open is another matter. We wandered down about nine-ish one evening to watch the sunset with a drink and it was most definitely closed. That was about ten days ago. We didn't actually gain entry at all on this last visit !! After finding it closed I could not be bothered another night to walk down on the off chance it might be open. Maybe it closes at 8.00 pm ?? Who knows ! Either way we need some certainty of opening hours. Little did we know a couple of years ago when the food was good and value especially on the 2- 4- 1 nights, that we were seeing the peak of the good times. Their steaks & lamb shanks were great IMO. I'm afraid the shop doesn't appeal the same as a social amenity, so we drive to go "out".
Not alleged . It is open from 13.00 . It stays open until around 20.00 but if there is no one there it closes . It is open at these times everyday except Monday.

It is closed a week on Saturday as well . There is only 1 member of staff and it his daughters christening on that day
Old Aug 1st 2019, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

There was a message board at the entrance saying open from 13:00 to 19:30
Looks like this summer will be written off.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Okay guys, I had not realised it shut so early. When I come back in autumn the sunset should fall within opening hours !!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2019, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I got that wrong . It is closed this Saturday for Jairo's childs christening
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Call me old fashioned but you can ā€˜t run a business like that.Is it worth it really.God knows Esuri needs something badly.We just needs a council that cares a little,just a little
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

There is 1 person working there Maybe he should have booked it for his 1 day off in the week

It is the end before a new beginning
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Ayamonteisfab is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not usually post on Expats however the recent comment has spurred me to post.

A decision was clearly made to keep the golf club open during the hours of popular use which usually fall between 1.00 pm and 7.00 pm ish. It makes no business sense for the club house to be open at other times during this difficult transition period.

This is a classic example of the phrase 'use it or lose it!'

I do think it is rather selfish suggesting the one staff member arranges his daughter's christening to fall on his day off which is a Monday. Surprisingly, he does have a personal life!

Hopefully there will be good news after October.....I know I am keeping everything crossed.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Regarding this difficult transitional period, I honestly thought the club was closed. ie shut down after strolling down one evening. I think many other people also think the same. They need to erect a sign on the sea & sun roundabout / entrance saying BAR OPEN 13.00 - 20.00 etc etc. Either a big blackboard or a canvas tied across the trees ? They could possibly treble the amount of business if people actually knew it was open. An empty car park suggests otherwise. Despite the course no longer being operational, I've always thought the clubhouse is a nice venue particularly with fab sunsets.This posting is not intended as a criticism but as suggestion to help the bar remain open / profitable. We NEED an alternative venue to the shop !! I have not yet forgiven them for making such a hash of Hola19. I know they tried, but at the time they were totally inexperienced and unsuited to run what was potentially quite a big operation. Out of their depth !
Old Aug 6th 2019, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

It looks as though the golf club has now closed . It wasnt open Sunday and closed again today
Old Aug 6th 2019, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
It looks as though the golf club has now closed . It wasnt open Sunday and closed again today
Hopefully some new owners are about to make an appearance šŸ™šŸ™šŸ‘
Old Aug 6th 2019, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have heard tonight that Canela own it from tomorrow
Old Aug 6th 2019, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by guesswork
We have heard tonight that Canela own it from tomorrow
There will be a lot of people holding their breath and keeping fingers crossed that an official announcement is made. Iā€™m one of them!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.