Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Old Apr 3rd 2019, 9:16 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CE hotels & golf courses

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

No press statement, no annoucent from the Ayuntamiento, no press statement. However the golf courses and the clubhouse together with the derelict hotel are now owned by the original bidder Hidrocarbon Malaga who are part of a much larger group and very well funded and have a very smart golf course, Guadalmina in Malaga Province.
Thanks John.

You and Mikecol are always 'in the know' so I am sure that this is a good first step. But you know the mayor will jump on this - but for some reason he hasn't. I wonder why? Long experience of being let down in CE MF/Town hall/lawyers etc etc makes me want to see actual evidence of changes occurring, and who knows when that will happen. No press statement only underlines that - making me doubly cautious.

Hope alls well with you both with grey skies and rain in Brussels and constant activity at the EU - makes me want to escape to the sun! We were woken up last week after midnight with helicopters, searchlights etc etc. As you know we live in the EU district and can see the huge buildings (or some of them) from our place. I switched on the TV fearing another terrorist attack, but it was the leaders finishing up another long B-meeting. And their security people making all the kerfuffle!

Aaah to have a nice beer and lunch, with you both, in a chiringuito overlooking the ocean - away from all this!
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 3rd 2019 at 9:25 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks John.

You and Mikecol are always 'in the know' so I am sure that this is a good first step. But you know the mayor will jump on this - but for some reason he hasn't. I wonder why? Long experience of being let down in CE MF/Town hall/lawyers etc etc makes me want to see actual evidence of changes occurring, and who knows when that will happen. No press statement only underlines that - making me doubly cautious.

Hope alls well with you both with grey skies and rain in Brussels and constant activity at the EU - makes me want to escape to the sun! We were woken up last week after midnight with helicopters, searchlights etc etc. As you know we live in the EU district and can see the huge buildings (or some of them) from our place. I switched on the TV fearing another terrorist attack, but it was the leaders finishing up another long B-meeting. And their security people making all the kerfuffle!

Aaah to have a nice beer and lunch, with you both, in a chiringuito overlooking the ocean - away from all this!
Jon
Look forward to lunch. However we are out and about a lot just now. In deep discussion last night and there is no evidence yet that the outstanding IBI or EUC fees have been paid.
Old Apr 12th 2019, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Has there been an announcement from the ayuntamiento? Rumours are running rife AGAIN
Old Apr 12th 2019, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Has there been an announcement from the ayuntamiento? Rumours are running rife AGAIN
Don't tease us! What's the rumour?
. (Although we must bear in mind that it's election season again)
Old Apr 13th 2019, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future
Cool Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

I’m just confused. One person says it’ s definately sold & Javier (from the golf club) has the contract to build the new spa hotel and another person says don’t believe anything until you see the cranes. Well, I’m not so interested in timescale of the build, just wondered if the sale has happened and been officially announced. Confused.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

I’m just confused. One person says it’ s definately sold & Javier (from the golf club) has the contract to build the new spa hotel and another person says don’t believe anything until you see the cranes. Well, I’m not so interested in timescale of the build, just wondered if the sale has happened and been officially announced. Confused.
The second quote is the one to believe. If you sold your villa on Esuri where would it be announced? Then thats where you will find it. The cadastral is a publicly searchable document it will eventually appear there! You need the plot co-ordinates then you can search it and publish the result on here.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Red face Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Umm, OK sounds like it’s all rumours then. Thanks John.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Umm, OK sounds like it’s all rumours then. Thanks John.
No the sale happened around christmas beyond that you are spot on. The only definitive answers will appear on the cadastral register after a few months. No doubt whoever they are will have set up an SPV for ownership so a simple search will not tell us a lot. The local elections are coming up around 23rd May so the pp publicity machine should kick in soon claiming all sorts of kudos to go with the roadworks which have still not started!
Old Apr 13th 2019, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

No the sale happened around christmas beyond that you are spot on. The only definitive answers will appear on the cadastral register after a few months. No doubt whoever they are will have set up an SPV for ownership so a simple search will not tell us a lot. The local elections are coming up around 23rd May so the pp publicity machine should kick in soon claiming all sorts of kudos to go with the roadworks which have still not started!
They have started John." There's blue marks on the roads, some from as long as 6 years ago."
Old Apr 13th 2019, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
They have started John." There's blue marks on the roads, some from as long as 6 years ago."
Perhaps that’s the problem they have faded away so the contractor doesn’t know where to start. The ones at the post box r/about didn’t just fade they went along with most of the of the road surface, dam dangerous potholes is all that’s left. 😪👎🏻
Old Apr 14th 2019, 6:11 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Precisely my point, its election time, so surely the mayor would want to publicise a massive project bringing jobs and additional tourism money etc to Ayamonte. I cant understand why its not public.

The thing may have been sold, and I believe it has, if Esurijohn and Mikecol say so, but IMO, NOTHING changes, until a project plan is made and work starts. When I see cranes, trucks, workmen etc actually DOING something, then I might become excited about the (possible) potential of all this. Long experience of 'the system' here makes me wary, and so I 'smell a rat'.

Thank goodness we love being in CE... Warts and all!!

Jon
Old Apr 14th 2019, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Precisely my point, its election time, so surely the mayor would want to publicise a massive project bringing jobs and additional tourism money etc to Ayamonte. I cant understand why its not public.

The thing may have been sold, and I believe it has, if Esurijohn and Mikecol say so, but IMO, NOTHING changes, until a project plan is made and work starts. When I see cranes, trucks, workmen etc actually DOING something, then I might become excited about the (possible) potential of all this. Long experience of 'the system' here makes me wary, and so I 'smell a rat'.

Thank goodness we love being in CE... Warts and all!!

Jon
If the past is anything to go by election time is when we get lots of empty promises from all the candidates, none of which ever materialise! So maybe no news is good news 🤣🤣🤣
Old May 17th 2019, 8:08 am
BE Positive

As weve seen on the other thread the golf course is closing.
Quote: (From the captain)

Most of us were lead to believe that the sale to the new owners had already gone ahead, but this latest development castes some doubt on this.

I mentioned on this thread, that after many years of experience here, I have no confidence in 'the system' here, and in my last post (2 above) even 'smelled a rat'.

This very sad news comes as no surprise. I would also take a heavy 'pinch of salt' with me if I was at the meeting planned with the current management. Not in the least because some stuff related to a possible sale may be business-confidential. Also each person will have their own level of trust at the quality of the information presented.

Going 'Monty Python' there may just be one tiny possibility of a 'bright side'......

... This may be a strategic move from any (possible) new owner, to ' clean out the stables' before taking over.

But of course I remain very sceptical about all this.

Bad news for golfers and/or visitors and/or property owners.

What a mess, what a shame..

Jon
Old May 17th 2019, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute

But today the mayor made a statement on TV: canalcostatv .
Old May 17th 2019, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by maverik
But today the mayor made a statement on TV: canalcostatv .
What did he say?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.