Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Old Apr 20th 2018, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

could the current decorators be in the employ of the 'new owners' maybe? Just to throw another spanner in! :-)
Old Apr 20th 2018, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

My guess.

1) It wasn't making enough or losing money.Snacks are easier to prepare and more lucrative.

2) Snacks are easier to prepare and more lucrative.
It wasn't making enough or losing money.

3) Someone's been poisoned with Novochock , and this is the Spanish way of dealing with it .

( My monies on 3 )
Old Apr 20th 2018, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Paco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the rough

never ending Story.
What is true, what is not true ?
I´m still waiting for a photo behind the Open Hotel with my children .......
and perhaps my grandchildren ??
Old Apr 21st 2018, 7:32 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paco
never ending Story.
What is true, what is not true ?
I´m still waiting for a photo behind the Open Hotel with my children .......
and perhaps my grandchildren ??
Old Apr 21st 2018, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand where all the complaints have come from. I was last at the CG on 28th Feb ( 2 for 1 night). I had the swordfish with from memory a jerez style sauce on it with good vegetables and my wife had the lamb chops. Ok, not very adventurous, but we had good service, good wine and the food was perfectly acceptable. I've had a lot worse and given that we could walk there with another couple who dined with us, it was a good evening. I would however contradict that and say that the Curries are most def boil in the bag and are to be avoided. However, you don't go there for a curry - you go to MG Nepalise Maharaja for that ( or the new one mentioned by jon-bxl). It's closure is another loss for us all.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

I think we will all have different experiences at the GC. For me, I once had the 'royal burger' and it was raw in the middle and tasted awful. On another occasion I had the 'grilled or bbq chicken' and the chicken was absolutely ransid with a disgusting 'gone off' taste to it and it was brown rather 'chicken colour'. Those incidents are within the last few months. A few years ago the restaurant part served top class food, good choice, well cooked and presented and very tasty and good choice of wines. Maybe different kitchen staff on different days? Who knows, but I think the general opinion in the area is that the food side of the GC is in decline and not as it was some time ago. That is a big shame as it has a captive market, unique location in a lovely area [apart from views of skeleton buildings nearby!] The girls working there are working very hard but more staff would mean not having to wait half an hour for one's bill. It does look like interest by the management has dwindled somewhat
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil, I wonder if that knowing they will be packed out on a Wednesday 2 for 1 night they have a proper chef in charge. Maybe the rest of the time they have untrained "cooks" who do a less competant job. Your experiences with the burgers sound horrible. I would have sent it back !! I suppose over the last year or so we have dined there on the wednesday night deal half a dozen times and its been good every time. They used to do a very generous lamb shank and their steaks were always good, so its definitely hit and miss I think.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by keithBT
Neil, I wonder if that knowing they will be packed out on a Wednesday 2 for 1 night they have a proper chef in charge. Maybe the rest of the time they have untrained "cooks" who do a less competant job. Your experiences with the burgers sound horrible. I would have sent it back !! I suppose over the last year or so we have dined there on the wednesday night deal half a dozen times and its been good every time. They used to do a very generous lamb shank and their steaks were always good, so its definitely hit and miss I think.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

At Easter I ordered the good old standard of fish n chips which I have had there many times. It was virtually uneatable - it had obviously been deep fried from frozen, the batter had fallen off and the fish was dried out and brown on the outside and raw in the middle. When I complained I just got a shrug, no apology no offer of a discount. The OH had the curry and rated it very good.
And it was a Wednesday 241 offer that day!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow Mike, that sounds horrible too. I now consider that I have been extremely lucky. Its ridiculous that they can get battered fish so wrong, especially that they aim for english patrons. Fingers crossed it gets new management.
Old Apr 29th 2018, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by keithBT
Wow Mike, that sounds horrible too. I now consider that I have been extremely lucky. Its ridiculous that they can get battered fish so wrong, especially that they aim for english patrons. Fingers crossed it gets new management.
It’s not rocket science we’re talking about, it’s basic cooking, IE chips n Burgers/ fish n chips /Sausage Egg n Chips / Club Sandwich/ Omelette yet time after time there’s no confidence or consistency in the food?.

The poor girls are trying to run the place and keep us the punters happy but unfortunately don’t know what’s going on themselves!!.

Even on the Friday quiz nights the food choice is now fish n chips/ Sausages n Chips!!, and their not even cooked properly, I’m not a chef but could cook the basics like most of us could, Javier is being is usual self telling us what we want to hear, and keeping the truth to himsel???.
Old May 1st 2018, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teed Up
It’s not rocket science we’re talking about, it’s basic cooking, IE chips n Burgers/ fish n chips /Sausage Egg n Chips / Club Sandwich/ Omelette yet time after time there’s no confidence or consistency in the food?.

The poor girls are trying to run the place and keep us the punters happy but unfortunately don’t know what’s going on themselves!!.

Even on the Friday quiz nights the food choice is now fish n chips/ Sausages n Chips!!, and their not even cooked properly, I’m not a chef but could cook the basics like most of us could, Javier is being is usual self telling us what we want to hear, and keeping the truth to himsel???.
We had lunch at the golf club yesterday and after reading the posts above I was a bit worried as we hadn't been there for over a year. There were 5 items to choose from (tuna salad, Caesar salad, mixed salad, Angus burger or Royal burger. I had tuna salad and Mike had Angus burger and both were delicious.
Old May 14th 2018, 5:15 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up

Totally agree!

Also For years now I dont run a tab at the GC & pay each time I order. This saves the hassle at the end (Ive had and seen so many problems.) Also I can leave asap

Re curries. I never eat pub-curries in the UK - we have so many proper Indian restos. Likewise I wouldn't touch the GC curries. I think it was you who recommended an Indian resto in VRSA just next to the pedestrian part, I haven't tried it yet. Bit on the list - maybe together next time?

Jon
Old May 14th 2018, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Paco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the rough

You are changing the subject. How is the Hotel going? ;-)))
Old May 14th 2018, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

I have a dream ( ABBA )

I have a dream
A song to sing
To help me cope
With anything
If you see the Hotel ?
Of a fairy tale
You can take the future
Even if the Hotel fail ?

I believe in Investors
Something good in
Everything I see
I believe in Mayor
When I know the time
Is right for me
I'll cross the the road
I have a dream

I have a dream
A fantasy
To help me through
Reality
And my destination
Makes it worth the while
Pushing through the Investors
Still another year !

I had a dream......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.