SABADELL

Old Sep 10th 2020, 3:07 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default SABADELL

Hiya all,

We have banked with Sabadell for some years and checking the account this week I notice that all the Direct Debits have "return" by them. This is not been evident before. I checked back as far as April this year and each DD has "return" by it. It never had before, I have only seen it this month.

There is enough money in the account to pay all the DD and they have been paid and not returned - well not yet anyway. I really do not understand why the bank have done this. I have tried calling but there is no answer. I have emailed and the response is to tell me I can do online banking - which is no help. I do online banking but cannot find out why "return" now appears on DD.

Has anybody else notice this on their Sabadell account please ?

Thank you

Mel
Old Sep 10th 2020, 3:19 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hiya all,

We have banked with Sabadell for some years and checking the account this week I notice that all the Direct Debits have "return" by them. This is not been evident before. I checked back as far as April this year and each DD has "return" by it. It never had before, I have only seen it this month.

There is enough money in the account to pay all the DD and they have been paid and not returned - well not yet anyway. I really do not understand why the bank have done this. I have tried calling but there is no answer. I have emailed and the response is to tell me I can do online banking - which is no help. I do online banking but cannot find out why "return" now appears on DD.

Has anybody else notice this on their Sabadell account please ?

Thank you

Mel
Yes......it means if you "click it" you are disputing the charge and they cancel it and put money back into your account and then set up dispute procedure.....Never used it but that how they explained it to me
Old Sep 10th 2020, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Earlier this year they introduced a monthly fee of 5 euros collected quarterly I believe

I have an Expansion account which was free if you transfer 700 euros per month. I have the fees now
Old Sep 11th 2020, 1:45 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thegolfer
Yes......it means if you "click it" you are disputing the charge and they cancel it and put money back into your account and then set up dispute procedure.....Never used it but that how they explained it to me
Thank you, I feel annoyed that I have wasted time trying to speak to someone from Sabadell about this and it took 3 emails before I received a response other than "you can do online banking" !! I KNOW THAT !!

The last email advised that "return", as you say, means you can pull the payment back.

Appreciate the reply

All the best

Mel
Old Feb 5th 2021, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking feedback / information about Sabadell account charges? Any other account holders out there recently had new (significant) charges added to their accounts by Sabadell? We are now being charged every time we make a transfer and also having a 3 monthly charge added to our account. No warning or notification of change in Ts&Cs. Any feedback anyone? Is this post Brexit changes? Are they allowed to just do this without notification? When I complained about the 4 x a year standing charges simply appearing they said it wasn't notified to us in advance because of delays in letter due to "lockdown" but we still haven't been notified. Any feedback would be appreciated. How / to whom do we complain? Just wondering if it will end here or if they will start charging us for more and more transactions if we don't stop them? Any other recommendations for better service / behaviours? Thanks in advance. Elizabeth
Old Feb 5th 2021, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking feedback / information about Sabadell account charges? Any other account holders out there recently had new (significant) charges added to their accounts by Sabadell? We are now being charged every time we make a transfer and also having a 3 monthly charge added to our account. No warning or notification of change in Ts&Cs. Any feedback anyone? Is this post Brexit changes? Are they allowed to just do this without notification? When I complained about the 4 x a year standing charges simply appearing they said it wasn't notified to us in advance because of delays in letter due to "lockdown" but we still haven't been notified. Any feedback would be appreciated. How / to whom do we complain? Just wondering if it will end here or if they will start charging us for more and more transactions if we don't stop them? Any other recommendations for better service / behaviours? Thanks in advance. Elizabeth
Have you read this thread back from the beginning. I think that will explain everything.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Earlier this year they introduced a monthly fee of 5 euros collected quarterly I believe

I have an Expansion account which was free if you transfer 700 euros per month. I have the fees now
I think the expansion account not just requires the 700 transfer but three DDs. The terms caused us a problem when the exchange rate was awful meaning my state pension sometimes dropped below the rules and we had to top up manually.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

I have read it. The thread says nothing about a charge of €18 every time you make a transfer into the account from the UK.
However, further research has revealed that many, many others are having the same problem and that it is actually illegal and against SEPA regulations. Fortunately, I have a lot of ammunition now for my meeting with them on Monday and as a fall back if Sabadell won't budge, my currency transfer company will refund the charges.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,
There is a very active discussion on Sabadell charges going on on the main Spain group - started over the issue of an €18,- charge now made by them for transfers from UK post-Brexit. Have a look at it
Old Feb 5th 2021, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone. I’ve got lots of ammunition now for my meeting on Monday in the Branch. Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice

I believe if you purchase one of Sabadell’s products you don’t pay any fees. I have their home insurance and so far haven’t paid any fees on the account or on my transfers from the UK. Although my most recent transfer took 3 days instead of one.....thanks to Brexit!
Old Feb 6th 2021, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Lin and Ed. I understand that is the case so am hoping to be able to insure our holiday home in Scotland with them as, thanks to Brexit, our Insurance Broker in the UK who can no longer get insurance for EU residents. I have a meeting on Monday so I can hopefully sort it all out then.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

my currency transfer company will refund the charges.
Who do you use for currency transfer ?
I read about Spanish Banks introducing a currency transfer charge post Brexit a couple of weekends ago in the Sunday Times, but have not experienced it yet, as I haven't made a recent transfer.
Let us know how your meeting on Monday goes please.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice

Thanks Lin and Ed. I understand that is the case so am hoping to be able to insure our holiday home in Scotland with them as, thanks to Brexit, our Insurance Broker in the UK who can no longer get insurance for EU residents. I have a meeting on Monday so I can hopefully sort it all out then.
You’re welcome ElizabethAnn, hope you manage to resolve the issue.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I have read it. The thread says nothing about a charge of €18 every time you make a transfer into the account from the UK.
However, further research has revealed that many, many others are having the same problem and that it is actually illegal and against SEPA regulations. Fortunately, I have a lot of ammunition now for my meeting with them on Monday and as a fall back if Sabadell won't budge, my currency transfer company will refund the charges.
SEPA is a casualty of Brexit- not sure if it cut off on Jan 31st or if there is a delay until Aprilish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.