SABADELL

Old Sep 10th 2020, 3:07 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
MEL & JOHN's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 679
MEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really nice
Default SABADELL

Hiya all,

We have banked with Sabadell for some years and checking the account this week I notice that all the Direct Debits have "return" by them. This is not been evident before. I checked back as far as April this year and each DD has "return" by it. It never had before, I have only seen it this month.

There is enough money in the account to pay all the DD and they have been paid and not returned - well not yet anyway. I really do not understand why the bank have done this. I have tried calling but there is no answer. I have emailed and the response is to tell me I can do online banking - which is no help. I do online banking but cannot find out why "return" now appears on DD.

Has anybody else notice this on their Sabadell account please ?

Thank you

Mel
MEL & JOHN is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2020, 3:19 pm
  #2  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Location: Sotogrande
Posts: 182
thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN View Post
Hiya all,

We have banked with Sabadell for some years and checking the account this week I notice that all the Direct Debits have "return" by them. This is not been evident before. I checked back as far as April this year and each DD has "return" by it. It never had before, I have only seen it this month.

There is enough money in the account to pay all the DD and they have been paid and not returned - well not yet anyway. I really do not understand why the bank have done this. I have tried calling but there is no answer. I have emailed and the response is to tell me I can do online banking - which is no help. I do online banking but cannot find out why "return" now appears on DD.

Has anybody else notice this on their Sabadell account please ?

Thank you

Mel
Yes......it means if you "click it" you are disputing the charge and they cancel it and put money back into your account and then set up dispute procedure.....Never used it but that how they explained it to me
thegolfer is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2020, 6:19 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Ayamonte
Posts: 841
guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SABADELL

Earlier this year they introduced a monthly fee of 5 euros collected quarterly I believe

I have an Expansion account which was free if you transfer 700 euros per month. I have the fees now
guesswork is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2020, 1:45 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
MEL & JOHN's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 679
MEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really niceMEL & JOHN is just really nice
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by thegolfer View Post
Yes......it means if you "click it" you are disputing the charge and they cancel it and put money back into your account and then set up dispute procedure.....Never used it but that how they explained it to me
Thank you, I feel annoyed that I have wasted time trying to speak to someone from Sabadell about this and it took 3 emails before I received a response other than "you can do online banking" !! I KNOW THAT !!

The last email advised that "return", as you say, means you can pull the payment back.

Appreciate the reply

All the best

Mel
MEL & JOHN is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2021, 8:43 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 75
ElizabethAnn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SABADELL

Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking feedback / information about Sabadell account charges? Any other account holders out there recently had new (significant) charges added to their accounts by Sabadell? We are now being charged every time we make a transfer and also having a 3 monthly charge added to our account. No warning or notification of change in Ts&Cs. Any feedback anyone? Is this post Brexit changes? Are they allowed to just do this without notification? When I complained about the 4 x a year standing charges simply appearing they said it wasn't notified to us in advance because of delays in letter due to "lockdown" but we still haven't been notified. Any feedback would be appreciated. How / to whom do we complain? Just wondering if it will end here or if they will start charging us for more and more transactions if we don't stop them? Any other recommendations for better service / behaviours? Thanks in advance. Elizabeth
ElizabethAnn is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2021, 9:42 am
  #6  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,845
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking feedback / information about Sabadell account charges? Any other account holders out there recently had new (significant) charges added to their accounts by Sabadell? We are now being charged every time we make a transfer and also having a 3 monthly charge added to our account. No warning or notification of change in Ts&Cs. Any feedback anyone? Is this post Brexit changes? Are they allowed to just do this without notification? When I complained about the 4 x a year standing charges simply appearing they said it wasn't notified to us in advance because of delays in letter due to "lockdown" but we still haven't been notified. Any feedback would be appreciated. How / to whom do we complain? Just wondering if it will end here or if they will start charging us for more and more transactions if we don't stop them? Any other recommendations for better service / behaviours? Thanks in advance. Elizabeth
Have you read this thread back from the beginning. I think that will explain everything.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2021, 9:48 am
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,845
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by guesswork View Post
Earlier this year they introduced a monthly fee of 5 euros collected quarterly I believe

I have an Expansion account which was free if you transfer 700 euros per month. I have the fees now
I think the expansion account not just requires the 700 transfer but three DDs. The terms caused us a problem when the exchange rate was awful meaning my state pension sometimes dropped below the rules and we had to top up manually.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2021, 12:49 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 75
ElizabethAnn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SABADELL

I have read it. The thread says nothing about a charge of €18 every time you make a transfer into the account from the UK.
However, further research has revealed that many, many others are having the same problem and that it is actually illegal and against SEPA regulations. Fortunately, I have a lot of ammunition now for my meeting with them on Monday and as a fall back if Sabadell won't budge, my currency transfer company will refund the charges.
ElizabethAnn is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2021, 3:41 pm
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
Loafing Along's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,056
Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking feedback / information about Sabadell account charges? Any other account holders out there recently had new (significant) charges added to their accounts by Sabadell? We are now being charged every time we make a transfer and also having a 3 monthly charge added to our account. No warning or notification of change in Ts&Cs. Any feedback anyone? Is this post Brexit changes? Are they allowed to just do this without notification? When I complained about the 4 x a year standing charges simply appearing they said it wasn't notified to us in advance because of delays in letter due to "lockdown" but we still haven't been notified. Any feedback would be appreciated. How / to whom do we complain? Just wondering if it will end here or if they will start charging us for more and more transactions if we don't stop them? Any other recommendations for better service / behaviours? Thanks in advance. Elizabeth
There is a very active discussion on Sabadell charges going on on the main Spain group - started over the issue of an €18,- charge now made by them for transfers from UK post-Brexit. Have a look at it
Loafing Along is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2021, 4:49 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 75
ElizabethAnn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SABADELL

Thanks everyone. I’ve got lots of ammunition now for my meeting on Monday in the Branch. Thanks for your help.
ElizabethAnn is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2021, 8:13 am
  #11  
Just Joined
 
Lin and Ed's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Ayamonte, Huelva
Posts: 27
Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice
Default Re: SABADELL

I believe if you purchase one of Sabadell’s products you don’t pay any fees. I have their home insurance and so far haven’t paid any fees on the account or on my transfers from the UK. Although my most recent transfer took 3 days instead of one.....thanks to Brexit!
Lin and Ed is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2021, 9:12 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 75
ElizabethAnn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SABADELL

Thanks Lin and Ed. I understand that is the case so am hoping to be able to insure our holiday home in Scotland with them as, thanks to Brexit, our Insurance Broker in the UK who can no longer get insurance for EU residents. I have a meeting on Monday so I can hopefully sort it all out then.
ElizabethAnn is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2021, 9:19 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
BobD's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 202
BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn View Post
my currency transfer company will refund the charges.
Who do you use for currency transfer ?
I read about Spanish Banks introducing a currency transfer charge post Brexit a couple of weekends ago in the Sunday Times, but have not experienced it yet, as I haven't made a recent transfer.
Let us know how your meeting on Monday goes please.
BobD is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2021, 11:50 am
  #14  
Just Joined
 
Lin and Ed's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Ayamonte, Huelva
Posts: 27
Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn View Post
Thanks Lin and Ed. I understand that is the case so am hoping to be able to insure our holiday home in Scotland with them as, thanks to Brexit, our Insurance Broker in the UK who can no longer get insurance for EU residents. I have a meeting on Monday so I can hopefully sort it all out then.
You’re welcome ElizabethAnn, hope you manage to resolve the issue.
Lin and Ed is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2021, 8:18 am
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
MikeJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,681
MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SABADELL

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn View Post
I have read it. The thread says nothing about a charge of €18 every time you make a transfer into the account from the UK.
However, further research has revealed that many, many others are having the same problem and that it is actually illegal and against SEPA regulations. Fortunately, I have a lot of ammunition now for my meeting with them on Monday and as a fall back if Sabadell won't budge, my currency transfer company will refund the charges.
SEPA is a casualty of Brexit- not sure if it cut off on Jan 31st or if there is a delay until Aprilish.
MikeJ is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.