Restaurants

Old Nov 24th 2018, 10:15 am
  #1471  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,665
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Yesterday with friends we decided to try Black Cock!!

Before this post gets deleted by the mods, that's the name of the new resto just opened in Monte Gordo. O Galo Negro. Specialising in steak.... but of course other things as well. https://www.instagram.com/ogalonegro/ https://www.facebook.com/restauranteogalonegro/

This is probably the best decorated resto in MG. You can see that they have heavily invested in this resto. For the steak there is a choice of 3 meats 30 day aged Black Angus; 45 day Rablo Galega (sp) from Galicia and 65 day aged Simmenthal from Germany.

We had 3 different steaks between us 4 and all were delicious. We all went for the Galician meat. This is the best steak we have had in the area! Therefore I have to give it an excellent recommendation. Sorry the Black angus steak in O Ciclista takes number 2 position now. With O Colesterol in 3rd.(IMO)

I don't normally do deserts - but we all chose the same. The BH let me share her Chocolate Mousse and everyone thought it was great. It is heavily whisked and you can even taste the effort gone into it (if that even makes sense)

A few points.
  1. To save disappointment, note that like many PT restos the 'snacks' / 'amuse bouches' incur a cover charge 2.50Eur. We had 4 different butters with hot bread and a lovely home made Tuna mousse
  2. I like the fact that the menu isn't jam packed. The specialise in certain things - and don't try to have same gargantuan menu
  3. This may sound silly, but you must try the Himalayan salt. A new and delicious taste for us all
  4. The sauces are included - so no extra charge for them. Steaks of this quality don't need to be 'added to' too much. I personally love garlic with red meat so I had the garlic and herb butter, and a little chimichurri as a taster. They are even happy to give a sample of every sauce.
  5. Maybe by the time it came to an end we were a bit biased, but we had the best port I have tasted. Blackett 10 year.
  6. They also had a lamb leg slow cooked at 63 Centigrade. Which is very 'cheffy'.. so you can see that they know what they are doing
  7. It came to 42Eur each. With 2 bottles of wine.
  8. Really friendly service - the resto was empty though so we had no troubles, but I am sure they will do their best when it is packed. We lunched but the evening service was fully booked
  9. Times are changing - but check out the links for the opening hours
  10. The owners and staff live in Lomas. When I asked them to open a resto in CE, they sighed and looked up to the ceiling! I think they know the score very well (sadly!)
Walk up from the Casino on the pedestrian area - you cant miss it, half way up on the left, the biggest resto there with a large terrace as well

There is an old adage that doesn't apply here i.e 'Once you go black ...... you never go back'. Without doubt we are going back!

Jon












.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 24th 2018 at 10:19 am.
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2018, 5:12 pm
  #1472  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 85
Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post
We want to see him there too - so I will brush off the cobwebs on the checkbook, open the combination lock on it and go and eat in this new 5star hotel and see Luis.... and try out the nosh which I'll report on here

Jon
The hotel opened it's beach club mid summer, just along from Dom Patisco restaurant for those who know the area. It has been open to the public but might change when the hotel opens. Friends of ours dined there and said it was very good but as you might expect a bit expensive.
Margaret and Derek is offline  
Old Nov 24th 2018, 5:46 pm
  #1473  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,665
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek View Post

The hotel opened it's beach club mid summer, just along from Dom Patisco restaurant for those who know the area. It has been open to the public but might change when the hotel opens. Friends of ours dined there and said it was very good but as you might expect a bit expensive.
Thanks M+D, we were back in MG this morning, then we went to there ( en route to the '''bordelo! for lunch!!)

We were' hoping to see Luis .. but didn't.
​​​​​​
Looks like things are getting 'posher' in VRSA!!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 24th 2018 at 6:44 pm.
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2018, 4:58 pm
  #1474  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,791
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post
Thanks M+D, we were back in MG this morning, then we went to there ( en route to the '''bordelo! for lunch!!)

We were' hoping to see Luis .. but didn't.
​​​​​​
Looks like things are getting 'posher' in VRSA!!

Jon
We just had a super lunch at O’Tapas then decided to go and look at the new beach club you mentioned yesterday. Found it where you said then headed back along the front past the VRStA marina and who do you think was showing someone out of the front door of the new Grand House hotel but Luis. We squealed to a stop and leapt out just as he disappeared inside knocked and he greeted us just like old times. We had to go in for the “grand tour”.and not to spoil your visit I have to say it was all very “grand”. Spread over 3 floors the bedrooms, dining room, sitting room and bar are very very nice. The one place we did not visit was the 4th floor terrace and bar overlooking the marina. All in all a very nice boutique 5* hotel. The bar, roof terrace and restaurant will al be open to the public but I don’t imagine they will be cheap but you do get Luis thrown in!
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Nov 28th 2018, 10:36 am
  #1475  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,665
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

I've had great reviews of the breakfast at the Vasco de Gama hotel. In MG.

I called today, and good news... You can go there and do brekkie only.... For what is IMO a great price..
€7.50. Load up and go for a long beach walk maybe? You have to pay first at reception.

Also they have a xmas evening dinner all included food/drinks €50. Its not traditional Brit xmas food, but a mix. Turkey is on the menu.

Jon
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Nov 28th 2018, 11:52 am
  #1476  
BE Enthusiast
 
Teed Up's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Widnes
Posts: 423
Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Margaret and Derek View Post

The hotel opened it's beach club mid summer, just along from Dom Patisco restaurant for those who know the area. It has been open to the public but might change when the hotel opens. Friends of ours dined there and said it was very good but as you might expect a bit expensive.
Hi Derek,

Been there a couple of times now,both to eat and just for a drink,
its a fantastic setting over looking the river across to Ayamonte,fishing and pleasure
boats sail by as you sit on the terrace, next to the Infinity pool.

Food was excellent and plenty of it although not cheap, but you wouldn't expect it to be,
staff really friendly and helpful, give it a try, you will be impressed.

Ken.
Teed Up is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 12:10 pm
  #1477  
BE Forum Addict
 
The Capitans Wench's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1,873
The Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond reputeThe Capitans Wench has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Not a happy lady ! twice now in town I have discovered a scam! Casa Barberi, I asked the man if they did tapas, he gets the menu and shows what comes as tapas, I was not sure ( did not believe him as he was not really listening to me) we decided to sit down, I hate being directed to a seat because they think I want to sit in the sun ! Ordered drinks, he came back for food order, we asked for several tapas but he kept saying media.. we kept saying tapas he says no tapas, medias. We ask for bill, finish our drinks and leave.

Yesterday I went to La Riberia, saw Presa as a tapa so tried to order it. NO tapa, media or raciones. No it says tapa NO only medias. I am quite hungry so decide to order a media. Way too many minutes later a waiter brings a plate of Jamon. NO tapa de Presa pro favour.. No tapa a media comes eventually. Is this how they are trying to rip off customers ? I had never been to the first one and sure as eggs are eggs I won't be back there. I will go to La Riberia when my favourite waiter is on duty, never have any problems with my orders then.
The Capitans Wench is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 2:14 pm
  #1478  
BE Forum Addict
 
MikeJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,654
MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench View Post
Not a happy lady ! twice now in town I have discovered a scam! Casa Barberi, I asked the man if they did tapas, he gets the menu and shows what comes as tapas, I was not sure ( did not believe him as he was not really listening to me) we decided to sit down, I hate being directed to a seat because they think I want to sit in the sun ! Ordered drinks, he came back for food order, we asked for several tapas but he kept saying media.. we kept saying tapas he says no tapas, medias. We ask for bill, finish our drinks and leave.

Yesterday I went to La Riberia, saw Presa as a tapa so tried to order it. NO tapa, media or raciones. No it says tapa NO only medias. I am quite hungry so decide to order a media. Way too many minutes later a waiter brings a plate of Jamon. NO tapa de Presa pro favour.. No tapa a media comes eventually. Is this how they are trying to rip off customers ? I had never been to the first one and sure as eggs are eggs I won't be back there. I will go to La Riberia when my favourite waiter is on duty, never have any problems with my orders then.
Been in Barberi many time for tapas with no problem. Maybe this their way of making up for slow trade in the winter. Not really acceptable, if they advertise tapas they should sell tapas. Don't know if there is the equivalent of a trading standards office in Ayamonte?
MikeJ is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 8:34 am
  #1479  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 232
BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench View Post
Not a happy lady ! twice now in town I have discovered a scam! Casa Barberi, I asked the man if they did tapas, he gets the menu and shows what comes as tapas, I was not sure ( did not believe him as he was not really listening to me) we decided to sit down, I hate being directed to a seat because they think I want to sit in the sun ! Ordered drinks, he came back for food order, we asked for several tapas but he kept saying media.. we kept saying tapas he says no tapas, medias. We ask for bill, finish our drinks and leave.

Yesterday I went to La Riberia, saw Presa as a tapa so tried to order it. NO tapa, media or raciones. No it says tapa NO only medias. I am quite hungry so decide to order a media. Way too many minutes later a waiter brings a plate of Jamon. NO tapa de Presa pro favour.. No tapa a media comes eventually. Is this how they are trying to rip off customers ? I had never been to the first one and sure as eggs are eggs I won't be back there. I will go to La Riberia when my favourite waiter is on duty, never have any problems with my orders then.
Try the bus station "Best tapas" in town.
BILL AND CLAIRE is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 11:39 am
  #1480  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,665
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE View Post
Try the bus station "Best tapas" in town.
My vote for best tapas is Corsario in Pl Leon Ortega ..

One of the few places that do garlic mayo on the side (mayo ali-oli)
Jon
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 1:14 pm
  #1481  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,665
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

We had brekkie at the Vasco da Gama hotel - as mentioned above. I did full English. There is a lady who fries eggs and you can get them right out of the pan, wonderful deep yellow yolks. 2 sorts of 'proper' bacon, streaky and the other a thick slab of it! 'British' sausages (No black pud though). Proper pepper and salt mills.

The BH had continental. Was really surprised by the cured ham, not the cheap stuff. Melt in the mouth ham.

Fresh squeezed OJ. Was a highlight. Lots of choice + amazing value for money at 7.50eur, all you can eat. I'm still stuffed! No lunch for us today!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 3rd 2018 at 1:17 pm.
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2018, 9:32 am
  #1482  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,665
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

We were in Manta Rota yesterday. Wow its changed since the last time we were there (well over a year ago). Improving and/but expanding.

Our plans were to have ribs at Mars bar, but it was closed. (Monday's & Tuesdays) Its been about 8 years since we went to Mars bar.

We ate instead right next door, I forgot to get a card but you cant miss it - one place down towards the ocean, big entrance, stairs to first floor. Nice terrace.

BH had the menu 10€ all-in mixed meat or fish. She had 5 different fishes right off the grill!! Very good value. Good salad. Very filling!

The next table had regular customers who raved about the steak on the stone. It came seared, so was warm, blue and you could add colour with the stone. We will return for the steak. I went for ribs, a la carte, they were OK, but 'Portuguese style' ... I prefer the more 'American style' ones next door at MB.

Its also on the list for the all-in menu.

We popped in to the s/market on the opposite side Algarthalos (sp) Wow what a clean and orderely place it is! Pricing less than Corvo, I think. Although there is a butcher across the road, the meats looked good. As did everything else. Also like Corvo, Pringles Salt & Vinegar crisps my favourite Nicest s/market weve seen.

I believe we have more people in CE certainly in low season, and would love to see this here.

Also on driving around we have 2 new resto's to check out.

'Wow Sushi' M Gordo. They are on FB and often have special deals. They seem to have a connection with 'Gastro Pub' Altura. Looking at the pages and comments - it looks good

If anyone tries these before me, please report back.

Osaka in MG is one of our top restos, with their fixed price AYCE menu freshly prepared to order with both Sushi and a good Asian menu for those non- Sushi fans. So Wow Sushi has a lot to live up to - but worth a try. The pub sounds interesting also.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 12th 2018 at 9:39 am.
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Mar 7th 2019, 7:26 am
  #1483  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,665
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

I've heard some great feedback of a new resto just publicly opened in Castro Marim. Casa Chatelain. Run by a Portuguese + Swiss couple.

They had a private opening that we sadly missed as we were away abroad on holiday.. but international and Spanish friends rate it. You can find it near Corvo. Go into CM going right at the main roundabout on the road towards VRSA from the m-way . Then after the camping cars, turn left towards Corvo just before the big car park / Monthly market area. Its on your left about 30m after you turn. (It was formerly a buffet resto that I posted on last year here).

We will try it asap, but if someone does before, please post here. I don't know the opening times for example. I have no commercial connection here.

The thing we like is that the resto gives us another choice of food. They specialise in proper fondues with a Swiss/French theme. Like Fondue Vigneronne and Bourguignonne... and a seafood fondue that is a new one for me. I've had an Asian seafood fondue - but I think this is more European (that's a guess). A proper Raclette as well - like the kind you see on the Swiss/French ski slopes with half round of cheese and the heater above to melt the cheese to eat with spuds and charcuterie. Yum! I would expect/guess that due to the quantities and sizes involved, the Fondues + Raclettes would not be available in single portions... so be prepared to share.

Not having actually tried it I cant 100% confirm the details above, this is from conversations with friends who have eaten there - so take this with a 'pinch of salt' (pun intended )

I heard that they will also serve Pizza's and other cheese specialities. Some other meat courses with good quality meat.

We are all so lucky to live right on the border with so much choice of interesting restos, food choices ..... with often great prices and friendly service! Only a short drive away!

Bon appétit

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 7th 2019 at 7:48 am.
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Mar 7th 2019, 8:12 am
  #1484  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,791
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post
I've heard some great feedback of a new resto just publicly opened in Castro Marim. Casa Chatelain. Run by a Portuguese + Swiss couple.

They had a private opening that we sadly missed as we were away abroad on holiday.. but international and Spanish friends rate it. You can find it near Corvo. Go into CM going right at the main roundabout on the road towards VRSA from the m-way . Then after the camping cars, turn left towards Corvo just before the big car park / Monthly market area. Its on your left about 30m after you turn. (It was formerly a buffet resto that I posted on last year here).

We will try it asap, but if someone does before, please post here. I don't know the opening times for example. I have no commercial connection here.

The thing we like is that the resto gives us another choice of food. They specialise in proper fondues with a Swiss/French theme. Like Fondue Vigneronne and Bourguignonne... and a seafood fondue that is a new one for me. I've had an Asian seafood fondue - but I think this is more European (that's a guess). A proper Raclette as well - like the kind you see on the Swiss/French ski slopes with half round of cheese and the heater above to melt the cheese to eat with spuds and charcuterie. Yum! I would expect/guess that due to the quantities and sizes involved, the Fondues + Raclettes would not be available in single portions... so be prepared to share.

Not having actually tried it I cant 100% confirm the details above, this is from conversations with friends who have eaten there - so take this with a 'pinch of salt' (pun intended )

I heard that they will also serve Pizza's and other cheese specialities. Some other meat courses with good quality meat.

We are all so lucky to live right on the border with so much choice of interesting restos, food choices ..... with often great prices and friendly service! Only a short drive away!

Bon appétit

Jon
I can confirm it is open, that the menu is just as you describe and that the internal decor I very nice. We watched the last of the preparation and fit out on our regular trips to CM. In deed on the penultimate day before opening we were trapped in by a truck delivering the final bits. On opening day we had a look in the entrance porch to read the menu and see the decor. Price wise I would say it is a step up from Sabores and Cacadores but the more standard stuff such as pizzas just a fraction. As for fondue I don’t know since unlike you I have not been to any Swiss mountain ski retreats.

The whole of the official motorcaravan site is rammed and the spillover almost fills the very large area in front of Corvo and a large percentage of the vans are French, Dutch a few Swiss and German so they have judged their winter market very well. We thought we might wait for a gourmand such as you to show us the ropes on our first visit!. Weather been brill until the last couple of days best late autumn and winter weather in our 15 years visiting Ayamonte but yesterday was payback heavy rain at times with very violent squalls at times. As ever the late afternoon and evening was much calmer with lots of warm sun for “ashes” in the evening.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Mar 7th 2019, 8:43 am
  #1485  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,665
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn View Post

I can confirm it is open, that the menu is just as you describe and that the internal decor I very nice. We watched the last of the preparation and fit out on our regular trips to CM. In deed on the penultimate day before opening we were trapped in by a truck delivering the final bits. On opening day we had a look in the entrance porch to read the menu and see the decor. Price wise I would say it is a step up from Sabores and Cacadores but the more standard stuff such as pizzas just a fraction. As for fondue I don’t know since unlike you I have not been to any Swiss mountain ski retreats.

The whole of the official motorcaravan site is rammed and the spillover almost fills the very large area in front of Corvo and a large percentage of the vans are French, Dutch a few Swiss and German so they have judged their winter market very well. We thought we might wait for a gourmand such as you to show us the ropes on our first visit!. Weather been brill until the last couple of days best late autumn and winter weather in our 15 years visiting Ayamonte but yesterday was payback heavy rain at times with very violent squalls at times. As ever the late afternoon and evening was much calmer with lots of warm sun for “ashes” in the evening.
Looking forward to catching up as ever - and lets try it together.

Looks like the pancakes got soggy the day before Ash Wednesday!

Jon

PS I just got a PM saying that its best to book in advance as its been a hit, especially as its the carnival season/holidays and as you say there are lots of campers there. The Raclette may have to be ordered in advance. So best to check up front

I just googled the resto to find out more info here https://de-de.facebook.com/Restaurante-Casa-Chatelain-419434268793840/

Note
closed Sunday/Monday.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 7th 2019 at 8:58 am.
Jon-Bxl is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.