Restaurants

Old Jun 24th 2018, 10:16 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Maybe it is being run basically for golfers so I doubt they will still be playing at that time of night. It could also be because there are not enough people wanting to eat there (could change next month when more people are on holiday). Lastly it could be that people prefer to go into Ayamonte or elsewhere for a meal ( I know we did when we lived there). Regards Bryony
I heard that the staff wont get paid after 10pm.... probably for these reasons.

Friends were there watching the footy and at 9:45 wanted a drink. They wouldn't serve as (of course) they wanted to go out.

The GC is soon going to face more competition - so its up to them if they want to offer a customer experience. I personally think the current management aren't that interested. I rarely go now except when invited (usually by golfer friends)... or sometimes as a meeting point for a quick one before a taxi out. Also we can see the terrace clearly from ours - its often very empty.

There is a demand that weve seen before, when there was less of a population - now its very low.

At least with the new chef (as reported - it seems that the snack menu is of a better quality)
Jon
Old Jun 24th 2018, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

That explains a lot!!! On our final night recently ( Sat 16th June) we had been into Laguna Sq and got back to CE close to 10.00pm. As we drove straight over the roundabout into the GC car park we immediately realised something was not right. GC was in total darkness- no cars in either car park. Totally deserted - so we went straight home and cracked a bottle. We had fully expected it to be open but assumed that perhaps due to a lack of trade the staff went home. I can kind of understand it midweek but friday/ saturday nights you expect it to close around midnight. This is SPAIN after all. I've no idea who is currently running the clubhouse, but clearly they aren't much interested. Great pity as last year we enjoyed a few nights on the back terrace where they had a singer entertaining.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

It's still Javier Chaguaceda (H2O) and his team running the clubhouse. Has been since before we moved back to the UK(2015). Regards Bryony
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

So, I'm even more puzzled now. I had found the food to be good over the past couple of years, especially on the 2-4-1 nights. It seems like they've given up since Easter. What do they know that we the punters do not ? As a relative latecomer to CE there is always a mystery somewhere as to what really goes on !!
Old Jun 25th 2018, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

I really don't think there is any mystery, Javier is a business man & if one part of your business doesn't make money then you get rid of it. Simple as that, regards Bryony.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 8:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

After the amazing football result yesterday - watching in MonteG we decided to stop off at the GC. It was virtually empty. But someone told us there was a good crowd for the footy. They left soon after.

I made a mistake of ordering a draft beer - flat and tasteless, watered down it seemed even.. I should know better for years now I drink bottled beer there. BUT we stayed and ordered a burger - and I will say that it was good.

The 2 guys working there were also very friendly and attentive.... I hope they can do that when there is a crowd.

Jon

PS at the shop there is a supplementary menu on the wall on the left behind the till, I didn't see that the other day
Old Jun 25th 2018, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

There was a very good crowd at the GC for the footie and lots of people ordering food. The Burgers looked great and were being served nice a quick. The big plates of Nachos also looked good. I had plenty of draft beer and it was OK after the first few! The new young guy behind the bar is good fun, he’s been working at lots of different places over the years. There was 3 staff on most of the time and Patricia was working at full pelt as usual.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 9:56 am
BE Positive

This may sound odd.... but in the industrial estate there are 3 restos - well 2 that do menu of the day I am not sure of the other.

We fancied a Spanish tostada brekkie yesterday and went to Café Silveira. They have done a wonderful job on the inside transforming an industrial unit into a nice Spanish theme.

I had a media tostada with Jamon curado, cheese and tomato salsa. BH had one with just the Tomato. 2 coffees. 4 euros the lot! .... and.....

.....wait for it.....

I noticed that they also had PG tips tea!

They have a full menu for 7.50 (haven't tried it) and have bottles of water that you can help yourself to. Also you can ask for an iced glass fro the freezer for your cold drink

Go into the estate, the road curves to the left at the garden centre and about 200m on the left it is there - cant miss it. So its a very close and handy place ... We will certainly return for a brekkie. The bocadillos look really good too and look very filling. Carry on another +/- 200m and there is another place on the left on the corner

Jon
Old Jun 29th 2018, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
This may sound odd.... but in the industrial estate there are 3 restos - well 2 that do menu of the day I am not sure of the other.

We fancied a Spanish tostada brekkie yesterday and went to Café Silveira. They have done a wonderful job on the inside transforming an industrial unit into a nice Spanish theme.

I had a media tostada with Jamon curado, cheese and tomato salsa. BH had one with just the Tomato. 2 coffees. 4 euros the lot! .... and.....

.....wait for it.....

I noticed that they also had PG tips tea!

They have a full menu for 7.50 (haven't tried it) and have bottles of water that you can help yourself to. Also you can ask for an iced glass fro the freezer for your cold drink

Go into the estate, the road curves to the left at the garden centre and about 200m on the left it is there - cant miss it. So its a very close and handy place ... We will certainly return for a brekkie. The bocadillos look really good too and look very filling. Carry on another +/- 200m and there is another place on the left on the corner

Jon
Hi Jon,

Have been there a few times,great little Cafe/Bar, you often get the local police in there eating drinking, Its two brothers who run it.

The one further up on the same side is also very good, and we use the one on the right facing the Night club, think its called Los Nino's?,
big indoor terrace and great Tapa's, We keep the Boats in the Boat yard at the end on the right,so go down there quite a bit.

Ken.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 4:38 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Those that remember and/or miss the Brazilian Rodizio resto in Santa Lucia, will be happy to hear of a new Rodizio resto recently opened in Altura - about 2-3 weeks ago.

Amazing prices. AYCE Buffet only 6.90 including a full salad selection, hams salami etc. Choice of Buffet main courses(in Bain-Marie's) and deserts - fruit etc. Help yourself from the fridge. The included cheese selection was excellent for this price. Take a new plate when returning to the buffet for hygeine, they collect the used plates.

9.90 gets you all this plus AYCE selection of 6 meats on skewers that they slice at the table and you put on the plate with sugar tongs.

13.90 is the same but 11 meats!! They even have a total blow out one at 19.90.

The staff are all Brazilian, except the salad/sweet chef, Portuguese, Sylvie who used to work for Luis.

Its called A Favela (nice name). Also On FB. Pass the Erotel hotel and A Chamine on your left, go straight across the roundabout. Its about 100m, just after Cesars bar, on the left. https://www.facebook.com/RestauranteAfavela/

Tip: as it gets very crowded I would suggest you have a plate of whatever is room temp at the side, like e.g the cheeses were severly depleted by the end. We couldn't figure out how they could make enough dosh - at these prices!

Jon
UPDATE:

Oops I have to reverse the recommendation above.... sorry. We went there for the second time today

Its still an interesting resto with unlimited BBQ meats - ..... but....... they've increased the prices. The Buffet is 10.90 and the introductory Rodizio+buffet is now 12.90. BH had the buffet only - average food some stewed. I had the Rodizio/buffet. Also the starter selection has significantly reduced from the first day we went, when they had a separate table full of foods.

At these prices wine excluded for a buffet in bain marie they are now competing with (and more expensive than) e.g Cacadores; the 'bordello', O Tapas and all the menu dal dia's etc on both sides of the river. These have drinks included.

Yesterday we ate at probably our fave resto Osaka in MonteG we spent a little less and had a far greater choice of freshly cooked food with wine.

The previous price point I mentioned had them with a positive tick. Now I'm afraid to say for us, this has dropped off our list. We should have gone to A Chamine, but as we went past it was empty.

We may have paid more - but we would have eaten much better.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 2nd 2018 at 4:41 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have to agree with you Jon. A group of just four of us rocked up there last month about 8.00 PT time and and only two customers were eating. I looked at the food, but it looked a bit stewed and tired as it had been on display for some time I believe. More importantly the food was NOT COVERED in any way, which put me off thinking that flies could land on the food and transmit all manner of things. We went to O Chamine without a table booking but we got in and food / service was excellent. Price is about the same as O infante, not expensive but not cheap either. By the time we left the place was rammed inside and out, BUT the staff kept their cool and its a well oiled machine.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 7:11 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by keithBT
I have to agree with you Jon. A group of just four of us rocked up there last month about 8.00 PT time and and only two customers were eating. I looked at the food, but it looked a bit stewed and tired as it had been on display for some time I believe. More importantly the food was NOT COVERED in any way, which put me off thinking that flies could land on the food and transmit all manner of things. We went to O Chamine without a table booking but we got in and food / service was excellent. Price is about the same as O infante, not expensive but not cheap either. By the time we left the place was rammed inside and out, BUT the staff kept their cool and its a well oiled machine.
Good point about the uncovered food, my BH commented about it specifically and I remember it was a problem on a previous occasion. Flies ..

In the end freshly cooked food has to win ....

Thanks Jon
Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:15 am
BE Positive

Had lunch in Aperitivo VRSA. Tiny Italian resto with fresh food - no menu so only dishes of the day with a veggie and vegan option daily. Its been mentioned here already but I found out they post the days dishes before on FB. SO if you check later in the morning you know what to expect. Pricing extremely reasonable 6-7 Euros for a dish. Authentic Italian. And the 2 times we have been there we have Italians eating there.

Its tiny though ... so its better (for us) to eat out on the terrace under a parasol on a sunny day. Full details here https://www.facebook.com/aperitivovrsa/ As you can see from the feedback comments from several languages - it is a hit.

Jon
Old Jul 13th 2018, 9:06 am
Just Joined

elaleman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Jon . . . Yesterday we try Aperitivo for lunch . . and it was great.
Very good pasta with drinks and Coffe . . 16 € for 2 . .

For sure we go again . .
Old Aug 1st 2018, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Ok what is going on in Esuri? First Hoyo 19 is closed then the new restaurant (nearer Colinas and due to be called Mosi's) which was initially due to open last month, is not now due to open until NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! Does the town hall want us all to say that enough is enough and we give up on Ayamonte? What can we do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.