Restaurants

Old Jun 8th 2018, 8:05 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by Stevie d
Brilliant news that work has actually on hoyo. The very best of luck to all .
I am however slightly confused as to whether it’s a restaurant or a Sandwich Bar and what exactly is a gaming room are we talking pool tables and arcade games . Excuse my ignorance if I’m picking this up all wrong ?
Seems to me that its both, I'm guessing upstairs its a sandwich/snack + bar with the great terrace. Downstairs the resto. One of the rooms is a shop and another for games I suppose pool table, darts, table football.... maybe

Cant wait to spend some time at the terrace there.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 8th 2018 at 8:08 am.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE ON O FORTE at Castro Marim. It seems that since Jon bxl was there in March they have dropped the buffet. Apparently not enough business / too much wasteage. Its still called a buffet resto on the menu but it isn't. I had sardines, - five tiny ones, OH had salmon- huge portion but undercooked, friends had a mixed grill for two. Presentation excellent but food average. Massive platter of starters /olives/bread seemed impressive but add it all up and its 21 euros. Sunday lunch came to 70 odd euros plus drinks. Not to be recommended at this point. Otherwise immaculately clean and pretty inside.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 6:43 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
UPDATE ON O FORTE at Castro Marim. It seems that since Jon bxl was there in March they have dropped the buffet. Apparently not enough business / too much wasteage. Its still called a buffet resto on the menu but it isn't. I had sardines, - five tiny ones, OH had salmon- huge portion but undercooked, friends had a mixed grill for two. Presentation excellent but food average. Massive platter of starters /olives/bread seemed impressive but add it all up and its 21 euros. Sunday lunch came to 70 odd euros plus drinks. Not to be recommended at this point. Otherwise immaculately clean and pretty inside.
Good feedback thanks. It's dropping down on the list now. The better buffet option is A Favela in Altura, a bit less personal there but unlimited meat!

Jon
Old Jun 10th 2018, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Good feedback thanks. It's dropping down on the list now. The better buffet option is A Favela in Altura, a bit less personal there but unlimited meat!

Jon
Hi Jon as per my PM of 30/5 I was again in the area and went to Favela at 9:10pm last Tuesday. It was empty but we still ate, some of the food was past it's best but we still enjoyed it and it's price along with excellent service.
We wont be back for a while but hope to try Favela again but earlier in the evening.
Along with two trips to A Chamine and an enjoyable meal at O Pescador a very pleasant trip.
Old Jun 10th 2018, 9:07 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Hi Jon as per my PM of 30/5 I was again in the area and went to Favela at 9:10pm last Tuesday. It was empty but we still ate, some of the food was past it's best but we still enjoyed it and it's price along with excellent service.
We wont be back for a while but hope to try Favela again but earlier in the evening.
Along with two trips to A Chamine and an enjoyable meal at O Pescador a very pleasant trip.
Hi Fred, Its always a worry for me to have buffet type meals later in the day. We are mainly lunch-type people. Hopefully that means the food is freshly prepared that morning. I also prefer to start earlier, as food kept warm for a long time in a bain marie might be a bit stewed.

I think now with hindsight (thanks) that perhaps A Favela is better (out of season) at weekends when there are more customers, a better turnover of fresher food. But as I mentioned in the first post I suggest that we pick up the non-hot items early as these can run out and not always replaced with the same.

Great that you had some good food, and of course A Chamine is a favourite of yours. You reminded me that its been ages since we went. Something we will rectify very soon!

Jon
Old Jun 10th 2018, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Esuri Golf Club have employed another cook. There maybe be a wider choice of food starting next week
Old Jun 10th 2018, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

willcoxhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guesswork,
Please keep us updated on this as I have family out there in a week or two and it would be good to know what they can look forward to - or not.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 6:57 am
BE Positive

Just a reminder... The Ayamonte Tapas trail is on in June. With the footy dominating for me, I haven't tried any yet.

If anyone has had something memorable, please let us know

Jon

PS we also have the Cataplana month in CM, Altura etc as posted earlier...
Old Jun 20th 2018, 8:50 am
Just Joined

elaleman is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning . .
we try nearly all . . The best - is the in TheBussem - Golf Hotel in Canela . .
Its really - perfect . . We went 3 times just to have the Tapa . .
The normal Prices are a bit high . . But nice place on the terasse.

Also very good - Lucas in the center . . and also the prices of the normal Menue - very good . .

Last Sunday went to Farvela in Altura - THX for the information about that nice place . . was very nice - with live Musik ., ., and with 4 Adults and 4 Kids - with drinks and icecream . . Pay only 78 € :-)
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Esuri Golf Club have employed another cook. There maybe be a wider choice of food starting next week
The menu at the GC is quite limited but what there is seems very good. I had an excellent burger and the BH had chicken with pineapple both of which were very tasty and reasonable price.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The menu at the GC is quite limited but what there is seems very good. I had an excellent burger and the BH had chicken with pineapple both of which were very tasty and reasonable price.
Glad you enjoyed it. After being disappointed by no food available at the GC on our last trip we decided to go last night. Arrived about 9.30 to be told food finished at 9pm!!! I just don’t get it, I’m in Spain where everyone eats late but apparently not at the GC!
Old Jun 24th 2018, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by AndyS

Glad you enjoyed it. After being disappointed by no food available at the GC on our last trip we decided to go last night. Arrived about 9.30 to be told food finished at 9pm!!! I just don’t get it, I’m in Spain where everyone eats late but apparently not at the GC!
Credit where Due. We arrived at the golf club last night 8.15. Great service and a great burger served with a basket of tasty chips. We were also impressed with the Décor. We had the impression that the bar and restaurant has been rented out to a different team.?? over all Very pleased...
Old Jun 24th 2018, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Credit where Due. We arrived at the golf club last night 8.15. Great service and a great burger served with a basket of tasty chips. We were also impressed with the Décor. We had the impression that the bar and restaurant has been rented out to a different team.?? over all Very pleased...
That’s fine, but my point is about the fact there is nothing at a time when many people in the area want to eat.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe it is being run basically for golfers so I doubt they will still be playing at that time of night. It could also be because there are not enough people wanting to eat there (could change next month when more people are on holiday). Lastly it could be that people prefer to go into Ayamonte or elsewhere for a meal ( I know we did when we lived there). Regards Bryony
Old Jun 24th 2018, 10:11 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by elaleman
Good morning . .
we try nearly all . . The best - is the in TheBussem - Golf Hotel in Canela . .
Its really - perfect . . We went 3 times just to have the Tapa . .
The normal Prices are a bit high . . But nice place on the terasse.

Also very good - Lucas in the center . . and also the prices of the normal Menue - very good . .

Last Sunday went to Farvela in Altura - THX for the information about that nice place . . was very nice - with live Musik ., ., and with 4 Adults and 4 Kids - with drinks and icecream . . Pay only 78 € :-)
Thanks elaleman

I am so occupied with the footy that I haven't had much time to try it. When I do this this will on the top of the list!

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.